Play Off Inverness

I’m glad Turner is finally showing what he is capable of when given the chance to play more centrally. Bannigan looks tired and out of sorts. 

If we sell Tiffoney, tbh that might work in our favour - at the moment we seem to try to put everything through him and opposition teams have been wise to that for months. But that assumes we can actually recruit 3-4 decent attacking players to improve our options. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Rudden situation ruined the season for me, feel like McCall was against it but never got to make the decision. It was late and January and we were left with very little options. 

Completely understand what your saying but I’m blaming the people above McCall for that one.

My post was an observation. No blame apportioned. Completely agree about Ruddengate.

I hate to say it but banzo is just not an automatic starter anymore. Pool player yes. We can't afford midfield players who don't score and simply don't create enough. I'm not a huge fan of doc but he has scored a decent few and if you watch closely he does win plenty of tackles. I'm hoping Turner will prove himself. Looking forward to our loanees being returned. All in all we have progressed last 2 seasons. I expect a big challenge next year. Our signings of dowds and milne appear excellent so some good signs. Enjoy the close season everyone. Nb looking forward to that home game v Dundee! 

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Mciver has already been released and it looks like Tiffoney will be sold

Interested to hear why we should have kept mciver though given he failed to score a single goal this season 

I just felt  he showed enough in the bits and pieces he was given to indicate there might be a player in there and that he should have been given a better chance to prove himself and especially after Rudden left.

So by giving him a chance I mean giving him a  run of games, say 6 or 7, to prove himself. He was after all  on the periphery of the first team.

Tiffoney is undoubtedly a talented and exciting player but Carson had him in his pocket for most of the 180 minutes. It remains to be seen if he could cut it at a higher level but if he goes, good luck to the lad.

Unless Bannigan has been playing with an injury, he has been virtually anonymous in these two games. Sad to say but his future may not be what it used to be!

18 goals in 22 matches in 2022 tells it's own story. It's not possible to continually rely on a defence to defend a 1-0 win or 0-0 draw. 

1 hour ago, stuart_adam said:

Crawford for me has to go.3  Wins from 15 Starts.

From games he didn't start, 3 Wins in 5.

Not solely blaming Crawford but he just doesn't fit into our team.

I haven't been a fan of Crawford but both he & Turner played in a midfield 3 yesterday & imo both had their best games for weeks. Amazing how a decent surface improves some players.

Sorry to say but Banzo appears to have seriously regressed

It took almost 10  year for the penny to drop.  Bannigan  useless, a victim of his own press cuttings. Archibald or albatross. I acknowledge the jobs for deadwood culture at firhill but WTF are we handing out good season ticket money to these characters for. This club is badly run with a very real chance of going to the wall.  Reading the comments it highlights the fact that most of our support accept mediocracy and are content with a team with no ambition. As a club it looks like we died in 71. If we are content to lose Tiffoney and make a case for Bannigan my point is made.....   

11 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Tiffoney I wouldn’t take less than - £1m for ! A yeah and a half left on his contract? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I suspect his contract will have a good few ifs and buts in it. For instance we may not have met his wage demand but offered easier get out clauses in return.  I reckon the only time we'll get anywhere near £1m for a player will be if we bring a player thru the youth ranks. Sell him on with a couple years contract remaining. Like a better version of Fitzpatrick. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

13 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

No Dunfermline in the league next season, they will  be replaced by one of Airdrie, Montrose or Queens Park. Also, the fat lady is warming up for her rendition of "Cheerio Cheerio" to Dundee.

A big spender down a division with Dunfermline being relegated.  Willie Haugheys Queens Park will also spend big so would hope they don’t go up for that matter either.  Montrose or Airdrie will by contrast have a much smaller budget 

Big changes in the championship with 3 clubs leaving and 3 joining.

Leavers - Kilmarnock, Dunfermline and Queen of the South.

Joining - Cove,  Airdrie or Queens Park and all but confirmed, Dundee.

I am leaning towards Airdrie (no particular reason beyond the fact I know an Airdrie supporter; he is hoping we don't sign Easton whom he rates very highly).

I think we should give Dundee a big warm welcome on their first visit to Firhill and have some with huge banners calling out Nelms for what he is!

The only downside in the above is Killie getting promoted.

Of course we may also have to swap St Johnsone for ICT or Arbroath. I think SJ might just be too strong for either club.