Play Off Inverness

So next season looks like the following teams will be in it

ICT, Arbroath or St Johnstone - You would assume whichever 2 of these are in the league next season will be at least looking for another top 4 finish. This season feels like the peak for Arbroath and it could be difficult to pick themselves up for next season. Always an outside possibility that Dunfermline take Campbell back to get them out of league 1. ICT are always competitive but may have to replace key players such as Broadfoot and MacKay. St Johnstone are again always competitive but if they go down they will probably have a serious clearout.

Dundee - At this point they look like a basket case. They have relied on McGowan and Adam but its surely time to find new blood. McGhee looks like a bit of a joke figure. So big job ahead and getting a decent manager in will be a must but I can't see someone like Jack Ross wanting to bet his reputation on turning that ship around.

Us - We have a core group that's played together now for nearly 2 seasons so we don't so much need a clearout but a decent number of additions. You would hope that with decent recruitment we can continue our upwards progression. It will be difficult to get automatic promotion as Dundee could outspend us and ICT may think next season is the season to bet the house on but you would hope for a 2nd or 3rd place finish to have a fighting chance in the playoffs.

Raith - They look like a club on the slide. They are a few bad results away from a crisis and I could see them battling relegation. 

Hamilton - I think they are in for another season around mid-table. Not got the funds to get the players needed for a title push and their current crop of youngsters aren't in the same league as past crops.

Morton - If they keep Imrie, if they give him a budget then they may be the dark horse and challenging for a playoff spot. However it being Morton I expect Imrie to get a better offer and Morton to have another season trying to avoid the drop.

Ayr - I think they are heading for a season of being mid-table. Not good enough for the playoffs but not in serious relegation danger.

Cove - Don't think they will be relegated but I would imagine they will spend most of the season around the bottom of the league. They may get off to a decent start and get some surprise results but a good season will be 8th spot.

Airdrie or Queens Park - difficult to see how either team will be not be battling relegation. 

So in theory 3 teams battling out relegation (Raith, Cove, Airdrie or Queens) 2 in midtable (Hamilton, Ayr) and 5 with designs on the playoffs and title (Dundee, Us and 2 from Arbroath, ICT and St Johnstone).  

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Airdrie or Queens Pk? A lose-lose situation. Airdrie is one of the worst days out imaginable. And, like R & Y says, we don't really want a fourth Glasgow side muscling in when we're in such disarray. Knowing our luck it'll end up Queens get promoted and play their home games in Airdrie!

If Queens came up, it would be a truer old (firm) fixture than the the other one. Just saying 

On 5/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, sandy said:

If Queens came up, it would be a truer old (firm) fixture than the the other one. Just saying 

12 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A real Glasgow derby with Queens Park in the division next season (tough luck Airdrie).

The only issue now is whether St Johnstone come down or Inverness go up.

Airdrie have no money and would have been my preference because of that.

Queens Park have Willie Haughey who can easily buy that league. I’d say it’s not good news for us at all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Queens Park have Willie Haughey who can easily buy that league. I’d say it’s not good news for us at all

We can't control what other teams do but I would say they could not "buy" the third tier so I am not sure they will do so in the Championship.

Also, money is no guarantee of success - see Dunfermline this season. There are natural limits and even for decent wages there will be players who just won't play in the Scottish Championship. Anyway, this is the point of the year when everyone is equal, dreams are held and hopes are high. Usually ends by early August though!

43 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Yeah. They look like becoming Glasgow's Great Alternative and the third team in the city, making us go the way of Clyde.

To be honest I am not in the least bit worried about next season. Now that is based either on mad Vlad starting a nuclear war in which we are all turned in to flesh eating zombies or a giant asteroid crashing in to us starting a new ice age that even undersoil heating can't cope with.