22 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Votes cast. It was a tough choice as all the candidates had a range of skills and experience. Good luck to all and let's hope however is elected can be successful.

I hope everyone that is eligible to vote can vote. So thanks for voting 

On 5/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, erty13 said:

I think this might also be one of the differences of opinions.

Whether you like or dislike Jaquie Low, her influence  with Colin Weir, played a big part of him buying the shares and buying out propco. If a previous board had generated the level of third party funding that has been delivered in the last 2 years, we would be celebrating their achievement, and would be looking to work with them.

I may be reading too much into the previous Jags Foundation boards views, but it comes across as the current ptfc directors, don't contribute anything, so let's get the shares transferred and get rid of them.

This was never going to succeed.

The Thistle fans fund the club year after year. Fans with limited resources spend their own spare cash to support the team, in good times and bad. The fans are the heartbeat of every football club and matter more than any individual. 

For the past two years, the club board has treated the fans with contempt. I'm astonished at the apologists that seem to think that TJF or the fans need to build bridges or to go on bended knee to 3BC or the club board. The fans nor TJF pulled the plug on this process. The people who need to build bridges and demonstrate greater willingness to work together are currently hiding in the firhill boardroom, in the midst of the longest sponsored silence in scottish football history.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

The Thistle fans fund the club year after year. Fans with limited resources spend their own spare cash to support the team, in good times and bad. The fans are the heartbeat of every football club and matter more than any individual. 

For the past two years, the club board has treated the fans with contempt. I'm astonished at the apologists that seem to think that TJF or the fans need to build bridges or to go on bended knee to 3BC or the club board. The fans nor TJF pulled the plug on this process. The people who need to build bridges and demonstrate greater willingness to work together are currently hiding in the firhill boardroom, in the midst of the longest sponsored silence in scottish football history.

Only sneaking out to register the title to the Firhill boardroom in the Land Register of Scotland.

............Oh, wait a minute

On 5/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, erty13 said:

I think this might also be one of the differences of opinions.

Whether you like or dislike Jaquie Low, her influence  with Colin Weir, played a big part of him buying the shares and buying out propco. If a previous board had generated the level of third party funding that has been delivered in the last 2 years, we would be celebrating their achievement, and would be looking to work with them.

I may be reading too much into the previous Jags Foundation boards views, but it comes across as the current ptfc directors, don't contribute anything, so let's get the shares transferred and get rid of them.

This was never going to succeed.

100 per cent inaccurate.

if elected , the detailed documented minutes will prove the point to you.  I hope you will come back to say you were wrong and put the record straight. 

I also hope  tom hosie will confirm that point to you since you seem to trust his previous posts  would be good for the election campaign to be grounded in the reality of facts rather then erroneous speculation  

Edited by jaf

1 hour ago, jaf said:

100 per cent inaccurate.

if elected , the detailed documented minutes will prove the point to you.  I hope you will come back to say you were wrong and put the record straight. 

I also hope  tom hosie will confirm that point to you since you seem to trust his previous posts  would be good for the election campaign to be grounded in the reality of facts rather then erroneous speculation  

Jaf

It is really hard to ground anything on facts when no real information has come out of the Jags Foundation. It would have been good if the minutes you referred to were shared with all members, rather than information held by a select few.

If you look at other post on here about registration of titles, there is a cynical view of this process and Jaquie Low by people who are far closer involved in the inner workings of the Jags Foundation.

9 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Jaf

It is really hard to ground anything on facts when no real information has come out of the Jags Foundation. It would have been good if the minutes you referred to were shared with all members, rather than information held by a select few.

If you look at other post on here about registration of titles, there is a cynical view of this process and Jaquie Low by people who are far closer involved in the inner workings of the Jags Foundation.

The land registration one has raised questions as to why it was announced when it was, 2 and a half years after it was initially stated would happen within 7 days, and then 11 days later when according to the official national records it still hasn’t. If it was known that it would take a few weeks to do so then with the timescale already spent on this, holding off the announcement till the process was completed would have done no harm.

Over the years the club has jumped the gun on various announcements that have never came to fruition (South Stand development, McParland Park, Transfer of shares to fans by March 2020, to name but a few) so yes fans have a right to be wary of big announcements based on previous let downs.

6 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Jaf

I might think there are various reasons for there not being greater communication of facts but we won’t get into those just now.

we are all different but whether your default position is overly trusting of everything from one side, or the other,  there are facts and opinions  Tom hosie did a good job of bringing some facts to this forum  in the spirit of transparent honesty I would hope he could now confirm that there was never any suggestion of what you speculate in either documentation or from any individual at any TJF board meeting   If he won’t confirm , as I say the minutes and documentation shall do so  

lets stick to the facts best we can rather than speculation?  Good luck in the remainder of the election campaign  

1 hour ago, jaf said:

I might think there are various reasons for there not being greater communication of facts but we won’t get into those just now.

we are all different but whether your default position is overly trusting of everything from one side, or the other,  there are facts and opinions  Tom hosie did a good job of bringing some facts to this forum  in the spirit of transparent honesty I would hope he could now confirm that there was never any suggestion of what you speculate in either documentation or from any individual at any TJF board meeting   If he won’t confirm , as I say the minutes and documentation shall do so  

lets stick to the facts best we can rather than speculation?  Good luck in the remainder of the election 

This is a one sided argument.

I and anyone else who was not on the Jags Foundation board have not seen any documents or minutes. All we have to go on, is the very limited detail that has been talked on here. Is there a reason why this information can not be shared.

19 minutes ago, erty13 said:

I and anyone else who was not on the Jags Foundation board have not seen any documents or minutes. All we have to go on, is the very limited detail that has been talked on here. Is there a reason why this information can not be shared.

The board minutes of limited companies are not routinely published. There are very good reasons for this, not least protecting commercial confidentiality (including that of other organisations with which you are working, in this case, the Club and 3BC).

There would need to be pretty compelling reasons to depart from that basic bit of good governance, albeit effective organisations will ensure that important information about its key decisions are made public.

Jaf’s point here is that your speculation about the motives and behaviours of current and former TJF Board Members isn’t supported by any facts, and can be disproved by the testimony of people who have actually been in the room.

In fact, I will go further. I wasn’t even “in the room” and I know that it’s completely inaccurate to characterise the views of current and former TJF Board members as “the current PTFC Directors don’t contribute anything so let’s get the shares transferred and get rid of them”.

How so I know this? Because in 2020 these same people, at the height of the pandemic, reached out to lots of Thistle fans and held Zoom meetings explaining their proposals for transitioning to fan ownership. I distinctly recall Jaf and another TJF Board member giving me and other fans a presentation in which they explained the plan was to have a transitional board, with several of the existing PTFC Board remaining on it at first instance to provide continuity of institutional memory.

What you’re saying also just doesn’t tally with common sense. If that was the prevailing attitude of TJF Board in the last couple of years, why on earth would 3BC have committed, in October 2021, to the share transfer going ahead by June of this year?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and to speculate about why 3BC chose to break off cooperation with TJF. But let’s ground it in facts, rather than vague vibes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, erty13 said:

I know you won’t believe me, and that’s why I suggested @tom hosie should pop on and verify this so we can move on from your erroneous unfair speculation.  Tom had a desire to put facts out there on this thread and you respected and accepted his version of events.  You are speculating entirely wrongly.  Tom can confirm you are and I hope he does so we can move on.  You could perhaps even proactively  PM him to validate what I am saying? 

Edited by jaf