Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

I’ll throw out Jahmaal Hector-Ingram, out of contract at St Johnstone.  Formerly Derby County and maybe Stevenage if I read correctly?  Striker who bagged 22 goals in Premier League 2 at the start of COVID.  Career path seems like he still hasn’t found his level yet maybe?  Striker but not proven enough to be “the guy” - possibly worth a flier?  Didn’t seem to get much time in the Premiership.

Alternatively, Charlie Adam can still deliver a nice ball into the box.  As long as WHICH box is not important to you…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Fitzpatrick was coming back into form prior to getting injured. I think he had scored in his previous 3 games and QOS were on a bit of a resurgence. After that, it petered out.

If we lose Tiff, he’s a possibility.

Connolly at QOS? Not sure if he was on loan.

Tumility has been a stand out for me, would provide balance with Milne and mean we could play an attack minded  3-5-2 (3-4-3 etc).

Can't think of any others. I've ruled out the likes of O'Brien & McKenna as unavailable. Likewise, Sean Welsh, as he's yet another central midfielder.

Some folk write off Lawless, and maybe "due diligence" may rule him out, but he was made captain at Dunfermline. He was definitely the type of player we needed this season. I wouldn't consider him tho' unless the rest of our signings are late teens-early twenties.  

I think we should be looking at any of the following

Morrison at Falkirk, has worked with Dowds.

No problem with Fitzpatrick coming back either - maybe a situation in some way similar to Shankland in that his career staled and needed McCall to get best out of him.

Jack Hamilton on loan to Arbroath from Livi - I believe his contract expires in the summer though maybe a few clubs after him.  While looking at Livi I see Craig Sibbald has not been given much game time and I seem to remember him scoring freely for Falkirk when they were in the Championship.  

It has mentioned by a number of Pars fans that Dom Thomas has signed a pre contract with Queens Park, although one mentioned he thought it was Partick Thistle.  It clearly looks like Queens Park according to rumour and lets face it they can easily afford him.  But would be happy if he had signed for us.

The lad Smith who scored a hattrick for Airdrie on saturday seems to have been quite prolific

Agree with @Third Lanark on Jack Hamilton.

Also see value in Connolly and Fitzpatrick from QoS as they both add pace and width.

If we could get Declan Glass and Logan Chalmers from Dundee United on permanent deals they would be good business and might offset the loss of Tiffoney if he is Tannadice bound.

Jason Naismith has had a poor season at Killie but he looked really good in this division for Ross County. Scott Robinson at Killie might also be an option

Stephen Kelly at Sevco has just finished his loan at Salford and could add energy to our midfield.

4 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Pretty much as expected and hoped for. Only name missing from the list that should also be leaving is Smith but he is under contract for another season.

Foster, Bell, Hendrie, McKenna and Mayo have all done a job for us and I wish them well. However Mayo is the only only one I would want back.

Assume Bell and Foster will retire or go into coaching. McKenna and Hendrie shouldn't have nay difficulty getting another club at lower end championship/upper end league 1.

Murray might struggle to get a fulltime offer. Tidy enough wee player but not strong enough or consistent enough.

I reckon that leaves us with 

Sneddon

Milne, Brownlie, Akinola, Holt

Docherty, Bannigan, Sena, Turner

Smith, Graham, Dowds, Tiffoney

Add Crawford = 14. 

If IMC is looking for a squad of 21-22 then at least 7 more to come in (hopefully Mayo would be one), and presumably Sena will find another club so between 7-9 to come in. 
Some people on here speculating that Tiff will leave so anything up to 10…..

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

I reckon that leaves us with 

Sneddon

Milne, Brownlie, Akinola, Holt

Docherty, Bannigan, Sena, Turner

Smith, Graham, Dowds, Tiffoney

Add Crawford = 14. 

If IMC is looking for a squad of 21-22 then at least 7 more to come in (hopefully Mayo would be one), and presumably Sena will find another club so between 7-9 to come in. 
Some people on here speculating that Tiff will leave so anything up to 10…..

I have a feeling we will need 9-10 new players (including any academy stars) in addition to the players you have listed in that formation; we may yet lose another 2-3 from this seasons squad. 

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

No surprises, and no regrets either.

Thanks for your efforts, and good luck with your next team.

Just a word about Mayo: good player, but he gave away four daft penalties; mucho points down the swanee.

Foster: liked him, overlooking his meltdown at Ayr. Hope he finds another club, probably in a lower or junior division.

The others' meh.

Thought he might have gave McKenna another year, but only because we don’t have any right backs at all now. Wasn’t a fan at all especially at right back, he looked much more like a central defender. 

Im not sure what to make of Hendrie being let go, quite liked him towards the end of the season. 

Glad Ricky Fosters offski, and he can now concentrate on His UFC career.

Bell I’m sad to see go , mostly because he just seems like a really good guy ! 

Crawford I just don’t see the point in signing, decent player just not any different from our other midfielders. Need more mobility and pace in the team.

Edited by Thistle88

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree, but we have Brownley back, so do we need any other central defender when we also have Akinola and Holt ? 

His injury was a bad so I’m assuming it will depend on how he looks pre season, him and Holt would be a decent pairing at CB. 

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

Thought he might have gave McKenna another year, but only because we don’t have any right backs at all now. Wasn’t a fan at all especially at right back, he looked much more like a central defender. 

Im not sure what to make of Hendrie being let go, quite liked him towards the end of the season. 

Glad Ricky Fosters offski, and he can now concentrate on His UFC career.

Bell I’m sad to see go , mostly because he just seems like a really good guy ! 

Hendrie .... with Milne and Holt ahead of him for left back, he would be an expensive player to be 3rd choice left back.

I suspect there is another right back lined up otherwise I'm sure that McKenna would have been kept on.

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Hendrie .... with Milne and Holt ahead of him for left back, he would be an expensive player to be 3rd choice left back.

I suspect there is another right back lined up otherwise I'm sure that McKenna would have been kept on.

Fair point, like Holt much better at CB to be honest a wasn’t thinking about him.

Crawford! Seriously? Another bang average, unspectacular, boring, uncreative central midfielder. Exactly how Ian McCall likes them. May as well get Bryan Hodge signed up whilst we are at it. Hopefully he's more a squad player.

Won't be long before McCall has his Ayr United rejects signed up. 

(As a side note, I know that at least three of those released players are signed up elsewhere). 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck