Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

14 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Crawford! Seriously? Another bang average, unspectacular, boring, uncreative central midfielder. Exactly how Ian McCall likes them. May as well get Bryan Hodge signed up whilst we are at it. Hopefully he's more a squad player.

Won't be long before McCall has his Ayr United rejects signed up. 

(As a side note, I know that at least three of those released players are signed up elsewhere). 

I don’t particularly like Crawford but I’d actually have him in the team before Bannigan at the moment, but McCall doesn’t even play him Centrally which really pisses me off ! 

And spill the beans, Hendrie to QP true then?

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

I reckon that leaves us with 

Sneddon

Milne, Brownlie, Akinola, Holt

Docherty, Bannigan, Sena, Turner

Smith, Graham, Dowds, Tiffoney

Add Crawford = 14. 

If IMC is looking for a squad of 21-22 then at least 7 more to come in (hopefully Mayo would be one), and presumably Sena will find another club so between 7-9 to come in. 
Some people on here speculating that Tiff will leave so anything up to 10…..

I thought Milne was a left wing back?

Does Smith chave another year left on his contract? If no then he should be released.

3 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I don’t particularly like Crawford but I’d actually have him in the team before Bannigan at the moment, but McCall doesn’t even play him Centrally which really pisses me off ! 

And spill the beans, Hendrie to QP true then?

Yes, that's a done deal. I believe QP are waiting until after the play-offs to announce it as they have one or two outgoings. Foster has at least two part-time offers on the table alongside his BBC contract. 

6 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Yes, that's a done deal. I believe QP are waiting until after the play-offs to announce it as they have one or two outgoings. Foster has at least two part-time offers on the table alongside his BBC contract. 

Who’s the third sorry for being nosey I’m just curious,

I have no proìblems with Bell and Murray leaving. I assume Foster and Hendrie are being released because we want 'wing' backs rather than 'full'backs. I

Otherwise I would have retain these two as well as McKenna as cover.

Clearly these players being released have a squad composition and/or  financial consideration. Involved.

19 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

McCall has proved he can sign good players. Tiffoney, Smith, Mayo, Holt, Turner, Graham etc. But he hasn't a clue on how to play them. Therein is the problem. The manager.

You would hope that one of the other two full-time coaches on the management team might have a suggestion. Otherwise, why would we have three managers...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Fitzpatrick mentioned elsewhere. Cochrane at Queens think Cochrane is still under contract tho', O'Hara at Dunfermline also heard Lawless mentioned. 

Ohara played well against us in the 1-4 game but was then a sub.

Has he a pedigree?

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Bearing in mind it’s only rumours and they could easily be false there have been mentions of Fitzpatrick from QOS, lawless and Dom Thomas from the pars 

Thomas to QP has been mentioned elsewhere

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Ohara played well against us in the 1-4 game but was then a sub.

Has he a pedigree?

Pars supporting mate reckons he's decent. Scoring around 1 goal every 2 ½ games in poor teams and pretty quick. Seem to remember him pulling our defence all over the place when he came on but that's probably no great achievement at the time!

Edited by fifexile

On 5/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, ChiThistle said:

I’ll throw out Jahmaal Hector-Ingram, out of contract at St Johnstone.  Formerly Derby County and maybe Stevenage if I read correctly?  Striker who bagged 22 goals in Premier League 2 at the start of COVID.  Career path seems like he still hasn’t found his level yet maybe?  Striker but not proven enough to be “the guy” - possibly worth a flier?  Didn’t seem to get much time in the Premiership.

Alternatively, Charlie Adam can still deliver a nice ball into the box.  As long as WHICH box is not important to you…

Huh, didn’t realize he was Tunji Akinola’s teammate - fellow out-of-contract guy at West Ham.  Maybe he could actually do a job for us.

14 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Milne is a left back. That was not a line up. I don't think 4-4-4 is a permitted formation !

I wasn't questioning the formation. I could see you were grouping defenders, midfielders and strikers. I just thought it strange where you listed Milne.

I would have included him where you showed Holt give  your groupingszrent alphabetical either.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

I wasn't questioning the formation. I could see you were grouping defenders, midfielders and strikers. I just thought it strange where you listed Milne.

I would have included him where you showed Holt give  your groupingszrent alphabetical either.

It wasn’t my post !

20 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

You would hope that one of the other two full-time coaches on the management team might have a suggestion. Otherwise, why would we have three managers...

Do you think if the management/coaching staff jobs were titled: Manager, Assistant Manager, and 1st Team Coach, this would be less of an issue? The point being our management/coaching team is really no bigger than similar sized clubs, it's just that McCall chose to use different job titles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thebiglemon said:

Can we give Smith away? Or...

I will chip in £10 to pay him not to play. Anyone else able to contribute?

Get Welsh back.

I remember writing a piece about Welsh and how we should never have let him go etc.

Someone responded by saying 'thanks for that Sean'. Lol.

The best player we've let go in many a year.

• Like 1