Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

26 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Personally, if he's the same player that left us, I'd be happy. I always thought him underrated for us (I think largely because he was recruited as a striker and therefore often unfairly looked upon as a stop-gap right back). However, I always thought he was a perfectly adequate RB for the premier, so would be good for this division. He also had pace and attacking attributes which could stretch a game. His crossing wasn't the best, but I don't think it was as bad as often made out (well, insofar as I think the vast majority of crosses don't make their man at our level). It's just that he regularly got into crossing positions (laudable in itself), so it was more noticeable that he was often missing his man.

I've no idea if he's regressed for any reason (age and/or injury) since he left which of course would put a different complexion on things.

Yeah he Was sort of the guy who didn’t do anything special but you could rely on, like LIB says would he happy being out utility (back up) player? I’d imagine he will be released so i do reckon he would be looked at.

8 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

It honestly isn’t even a rumour, I was bored earlier and had a look at who was out of contract in the premier league and it just caught my eye.  Especially his lack of playing time(15 games this season)

I’m not actually sure if he was a McCall or JMac signing? Just with no right backs at the club and with foster leaving, he sort of fits the utility man Role at the back. Hope I’m wrong mate just doesn’t seem unlikely to me lol.

He was a jmac signing.  I remember him having some howlers in his last season with us when he played McCalls Ayr United.  Not sure also what Archies relationship with him was towards the end either as it’s often rumoured Archie doesn’t like former players coming back - but I’ve no idea if there is any truth in it.

Dundee fans can’t wait to be shot of him and I’d be surprised if he had the same level of pace as he did before.  Would prefer someone younger like McMillan who is better than Elliot and could be developed further (may even bring us some money)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He was a jmac signing.  I remember him having some howlers in his last season with us when he played McCalls Ayr United.  Not sure also what Archies relationship with him was towards the end either as it’s often rumoured Archie doesn’t like former players coming back - but I’ve no idea if there is any truth in it.

Dundee fans can’t wait to be shot of him and I’d be surprised if he had the same level of pace as he did before.  Would prefer someone younger like McMillan who is better than Elliot and could be developed further (may even bring us some money)

archie has come back  :thumbsup2:

I liked Elliot though I acknowkedge points made about his ability to cross the ball. He has though failed to make any impression at Carlisle or Dundee so on balance I don't think we should resign him. Same goes for McDaid and Fitzpatrick. The latter IMO  I was over rated. 

I think IMC should focus on brining in new players and  developing those young players fron the Academy who are close to joining the first team squad like Stanway and Lyon.

I am not too familiar with the Kilmarnock players who have been released so don't see any names there I think would interest us.

44 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I liked Elliot though I acknowkedge points made about his ability to cross the ball. He has though failed to make any impression at Carlisle or Dundee so on balance I don't think we should resign him. Same goes for McDaid and Fitzpatrick. The latter IMO  I was over rated.

I'm not sure if it's fair to say he made no impression at Dundee. I believe he was a regular starter last season, in what was ultimately a successful season at this level (second place and promoted). I've no idea how he got on at Carlisle.

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I'm not sure if it's fair to say he made no impression at Dundee. I believe he was a regular starter last season, in what was ultimately a successful season at this level (second place and promoted). I've no idea how he got on at Carlisle.

OK point taken about last season when Dundee won promotion via the play-off matches.  However has he made any impression at Dundee this season in what has been (glad to say) a disasterous campaign for them.

Re Carlisle I kept an eye on him their because as I said I liked him and felt some of the criticism he received when a Jag was very harsh.  He had a run of games, then on the bench and gradually faded from the first team squad to eventually leaving the club.

He played 200 games while a Jag, 16 for Carlise (1 Season) and 44 games for Dundee (2 seasons). The majority of games for Dundee were as you rightly point out played in the 20/21 season.

49 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

OK point taken about last season when Dundee won promotion via the play-off matches.  However has he made any impression at Dundee this season in what has been (glad to say) a disasterous campaign for them.

Re Carlisle I kept an eye on him their because as I said I liked him and felt some of the criticism he received when a Jag was very harsh.  He had a run of games, then on the bench and gradually faded from the first team squad to eventually leaving the club.

He played 200 games while a Jag, 16 for Carlise (1 Season) and 44 games for Dundee (2 seasons). The majority of games for Dundee were as you rightly point out played in the 20/21 season.

OK, So say we were lucky enough to sign the likes of Tumility. And say we don't have a youth player stepping up to cover the attacking fullback/wingback role.  If our No 1 fullback/wingback gets injured we'll need someone with a bit of pace and stamina to get up and down the right flank (maybe even left flank if called upon). Either that or revert to a change of formation. Now at our level I wouldn't be expecting a squad player to have these attributes and have a high rate of crossing accuracy. Otherwise he wouldn't be a squad player. I reckon if his fitness levels are still as high then Christie would make a fine member of the squad.  Of course ideally we should be looking for younger players with potential, and I certainly hope that Milne's right sided counterpart is not some trusted veteran, but assuming that's not the case then Elliott stepping down a division would be decent enough cover for a couple of positions. 

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Two hundred games for Thistle?! Doesn't that qualify him as a legend (I seem to remember that 200 appearances was one of the accepted criteria in the "legends" book.)

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

OK, So say we were lucky enough to sign the likes of Tumility. And say we don't have a youth player stepping up to cover the attacking fullback/wingback role.  If our No 1 fullback/wingback gets injured we'll need someone with a bit of pace and stamina to get up and down the right flank (maybe even left flank if called upon). Either that or revert to a change of formation. Now at our level I wouldn't be expecting a squad player to have these attributes and have a high rate of crossing accuracy. Otherwise he wouldn't be a squad player. I reckon if his fitness levels are still as high then Christie would make a fine member of the squad.  Of course ideally we should be looking for younger players with potential, and I certainly hope that Milne's right sided counterpart is not some trusted veteran, but assuming that's not the case then Elliott stepping down a division would be decent enough cover for a couple of positions. 

OK you win. On this basis I would sign him and hope he would be good enough to be a first team regular.

37 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I liked him he was solid, good shout that !  he’s only 27 aswell. 

Actually he is 30 according to his online bio!

Still young enough!

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

OK you win. On this basis I would sign him and hope he would be good enough to be a first team regular.

Actually he is 30 according to his online bio!

Still young enough!

Looked him up and seen 27 wonder if it was an old article or something I thought it was wiki lol. 

Born 1994 according to everything else I’ve seenz

Edited by Thistle88

10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ah but then he wouldn’t sign as he’d be looking to be a first team regular, not a backup squad player 

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Ah but then he wouldn’t sign as he’d be looking to be a first team regular, not a backup squad player 

Well that should really depend on how other guys are doing, no one should be guaranteed a starting spot.

10 hours ago, CotterJag said:

If ICT don't go up, could we get Billy McKay?

He'd fit well into our team and has a great attitude, good brain and scores goals.

He's from my town. I know his Dad; maybe I could have a word and convince him.

I don’t know but apparently Jack Hamilton is out of contract at Livingston and now Arbroath are definitely out we should be making an offer to him 

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Are you getting the Hamiltons mixed up ? 

Jack Hamilton the striker who was on loan from Livingston to Arbroath and whose contract is up this summer.  That’s not to say Livi might not offer a new one- but maybe he will feel he is not guaranteed game time there.

The other 2 Hamilton’s there were Colin and Chris but neither was a striker 

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Jack Hamilton the striker who was on loan from Livingston to Arbroath and whose contract is up this summer.  That’s not to say Livi might not offer a new one- but maybe he will feel he is not guaranteed game time there.

The other 2 Hamilton’s there were Colin and Chris but neither was a striker 

Sorry, it’s not you getting your Hamiltons mixed up - it’s me getting my Jack’s mixed up