Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

McMillans a lot younger than that.  Was highly regarded when he was at Firhill and I feel has more potential than Naismitm tbh

3 years younger than Naismith. I’d prefer Naismith. McMillan was highly regarded ? By Caldwell maybe !

7 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

3 years younger than Naismith. I’d prefer Naismith. McMillan was highly regarded ? By Caldwell maybe !

That’s what I remember. We had him in dark days and I was delighted to get rid.

I recall he turned his back on a shot which trickled into the net. 

8 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

No highly regarded by the staff at the club and by other professionals.  I don’t read who Caldwell highly regarded because he was clueless 

Though a lot of rumours we have signed Aero Muirhead who can also play right back so that’s maybe who McCall has opted for in the end

Edited by Third Lanark

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

That’s what I remember. We had him in dark days and I was delighted to get rid.

I recall he turned his back on a shot which trickled into the net. 

McDonald and cardle were signings in that dark era too and prior to January window we were bottom and we finished 5th so McMillan played his part in getting us safe.  You must be one of the few that don’t rate McMillan as plenty of others would like to see him sign again 

As much as I see he was a disaster Caldwells signings in January were arguably better than Archies signings had been in the summer.

As for ducking out a challenge or turning your back on a shot most players will have done that at some point.  Bannigan for instance was immortal on camera against Aberdeen.  Even Docherty did it at some point as well

But it maybe irrelevant anyway if Muirhead is going to be playing as right back 

20 minutes ago, sandy said:

Laughing about your Caldwell reference, like it!

I rated big Muirhead, still playing well. Interesting to see how he would fit alongside Milne

Though as you know Sandy unfortunately it took me long enough to waken up to how disastrous he was sadly at the time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Though as you know Sandy unfortunately it took me long enough to waken up to how disastrous he was sadly at the time

Ach not an issue as you know now ;) I was laughing more at how anything to do with GC is tainted now

Edited by sandy

18 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

McMillans a lot younger than that.  Was highly regarded when he was at Firhill and I feel has more potential than Naismitm tbh

Don't disagree but in what capacity do you think we should sign McMillan? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought he played right side of three centrebacks on occasion. He is a right back who can play centreback or vice versa (an upgrade on McKenna if you like). So is he also an attacking fullback/wingback to compliment Milne? Or is his main attribute his versatility in defence?

Maybe I overstate it but I believe a major failing of this season was an inability to put out a balanced team (mainly no one down the right flank to take pressure off Tiffoney). If McMillan (or whoever) offers little going forward that situation could be even more exacerbated with Milne & Tiffoney on the other flank. Even signing a proper replacement for Hastie/McAllister would still mean imbalance at fullback. I doubt McCall is planning to play Milne at right mid. 

Of course if McMillan can play that attacking role then I'd probably welcome his signing. On that subject does anyone know if Tumility is available? Ticks a few boxes for me.     

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

True although not some of his signings to be fair McDonald, Cardle, Kakay, McMillan and I’m sure one or two others were more than decent.

Scott McDonald was inspirational in his short spell with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Don't disagree but in what capacity do you think we should sign McMillan? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought he played right side of three centrebacks on occasion. He is a right back who can play centreback or vice versa (an upgrade on McKenna if you like). So is he also an attacking fullback/wingback to compliment Milne? Or is his main attribute his versatility in defence?

Maybe I overstate it but I believe a major failing of this season was an inability to put out a balanced team (mainly no one down the right flank to take pressure off Tiffoney). If McMillan (or whoever) offers little going forward that situation could be even more exacerbated with Milne & Tiffoney on the other flank. Even signing a proper replacement for Hastie/McAllister would still mean imbalance at fullback. I doubt McCall is planning to play Milne at right mid. 

Of course if McMillan can play that attacking role then I'd probably welcome his signing. On that subject does anyone know if Tumility is available? Ticks a few boxes for me.     

I presume Tumility was first choice out of all right backs - though rumours are he is going to st Mirren.  I understand we had made contact but I can understand why he would choose premier league football 

Yeah another of the reasons Livi fans are sorry to see him go is his versatility and ability to be up and down the wing.  Though as I said earlier it may be irrelevant now if we are signing Muirhead to fill the right back role

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I presume Tumility was first choice out of all right backs - though rumours are he is going to st Mirren.  I understand we had made contact but I can understand why he would choose premier league football 

Yeah another of the reasons Livi fans are sorry to see him go is his versatility and ability to be up and down the wing.  Though as I said earlier it may be irrelevant now if we are signing Muirhead to fill the right back role

I might have missed something, but Muirhead isn't really one I associate with ability to be up and down the wing. Is he?

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The talk from Kirkcaldy is that he is going down south. 

Heard a few names, Easton from Airdrie apparently already signed up, also heard Lawless is also. Elliot apparently is being spoken to.

Rudden apparently wants to stay and cancel his pre-contract.

These 2 I find hard to believe but .. Jordan Rhodes and apparently Davis from Rangers. Are rumoured targets.

Dont take my word for these just passing what I’ve been told.

Edited by Thistle88

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Heard a few names, Easton from Airdrie apparently already signed up, also heard Lawless is also. Elliot apparently is being spoken to.

These 2 I find hard to believe but .. Jordan Rhodes and apparently David from Rangers.

I've followed Jordon Rhodes' career and at one stage thought he would do a job for us at International level.

Is hard to believe but would be fantastic if true.

He's blown hot and cold recently but would score about 40 goals in our league and I'm not kidding.

3 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

These 2 I find hard to believe but .. Jordan Rhodes and apparently David from Rangers.

This is why I love this time of year!

I have seen that Muirhead has rejected a deal at Ayr and there are people saying he is coming here.

I assume you mean Davis from Rangers?

Just now, CotterJag said:

I've followed Jordon Rhodes' career and at one stage thought he would do a job for us at International level.

Is hard to believe but would be fantastic if true.

He's blown hot and cold recently but would score about 40 goals in our league and I'm not kidding.

Yeah I’ve always liked him, just an out and out goal scorer no idea how much truth is in it. I’d imagine coming up from England would be a massive wage drop. Never know, 

3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

This is why I love this time of year!

I have seen that Muirhead has rejected a deal at Ayr and there are people saying he is coming here.

I assume you mean Davis from Rangers?

Yeah Davis, auto-type is not my friend !