Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

1 minute ago, Thistle88 said:

Signs a 2 year deal, he still has potential to make us money. I think McCall will take him back if this even has any truth in it though.

TBF you could say that about any signing. I think there will be other Premiership clubs interested in him. Assuming the relegation clause is written in to the contract for both  Dungdee and Rudden

21 minutes ago, fifexile said:

TBF you could say that about any signing. I think there will be other Premiership clubs interested in him. Assuming the relegation clause is written in to the contract for both  Dungdee and Rudden

Personally I’d rather he didn’t come back, just because of how he left.

On the other hand you know what your getting with him and he banged in 10 goals in half a season.  And I doubt McIver would have bring money in.

Tough decision if it’s true !

Edited by Thistle88

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Heard a few names, Easton from Airdrie apparently already signed up, also heard Lawless is also. Elliot apparently is being spoken to.

Rudden apparently wants to stay and cancel his pre-contract.

These 2 I find hard to believe but .. Jordan Rhodes and apparently Davis from Rangers. Are rumoured targets.

Dont take my word for these just passing what I’ve been told.

If the Elliot rumour is true then you were spot on.  Im a bit underwhelmed at him coming back to be honest 

Is Davis not nearly 38 and a midfielder? It’s not really an indication of building a younger squad and do we need another midfielder?

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If the Elliot rumour is true then you were spot on.  Im a bit underwhelmed at him coming back to be honest 

Is Davis not nearly 38 and a midfielder? It’s not really an indication of building a younger squad and do we need another midfielder?

Elliot was a complete guess from me, just noticed he wasn’t playing for Dundee and would fill the gap Foster has left but I’d expect a first choice right back in also if we are taking him. Think who ever mention Jason Naismith made a great shout anytime I watched him I was always impressed, he got a move down south and got a bad injury a year or 2 back though and I have no idea what he’s like now.

Davis I have no idea if he is even leaving Rangers? Rangers fans I know have said he deserves one more year. I’ve watched a few Rangers games this year and In our midfield I probably would take him. I reckon him and Jordan Rhodes might just be complete rumours though?

Edited by Thistle88
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fenski said:

Davis and Rhodes both hugely unlikely. Both would interest much bigger clubs if available.

Agree completely, but 9 times out of 10 Rumours actually do have something in them. I Reckon Rhodes could go to anyone bar Rangers and Celtic easily. Seems like someone Hearts/Aberdeen would be after.

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Agree completely, but 9 times out of 10 Rumours actually do have something in them. I Reckon Rhodes could go to anyone bar Rangers and Celtic easily. Seems like someone Hearts/Aberdeen would be after.

Remember the Charlie Mulgrew rumours last year?

7 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Remember the Charlie Mulgrew rumours last year?

They were true. I know for a fact they were. Far better money on offer, Dundee United are throwing a few quid about at the moment. Tony Watt ran to Dundee from Motherwell. There’s a reason why. ££££££££

Edited by Thistle88

10 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I presume Tumility was first choice out of all right backs - though rumours are he is going to st Mirren.  I understand we had made contact but I can understand why he would choose premier league football 

Yeah another of the reasons Livi fans are sorry to see him go is his versatility and ability to be up and down the wing.  Though as I said earlier it may be irrelevant now if we are signing Muirhead to fill the right back role

Might it be to play in a back 3 rather than RB? 

Think Muirhead signing more to do with the fact he can play in a few positions. He maybe now prefers centreback to fullback, and I know he's not that keen on defensive mid, but he can step into these positions easy enough. One of our best ever displays in recent decades was the 5-1 game v Dunfermline. Aaron played right back that day with SOD in front as a right flank attacking mid. Also when with us first time round he never had that much game time as a centreback. The position was new to him then. He's now got loads of experience in that position and in a division he knows well. Playing centre mid would probably be either in an emergency or to protect a lead late on, a bit like when Bell came on in a recent game.

Certainly an upgrade on McKenna and the aging Bell. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can I just say that the thought of signing Jordan Rhodes has brought a smile to my face on an otherwise miserable day. I know it will never happen, but no harm in dreaming.

Aero will do a job, but not one to get excited about. Certainly no place in the squad for Mayo now.

Aero is a backup central defender direct replacement for bell in the squad i would think.

Doubt we will see Mayo regardless as they will want him playing at a higher level than us next season

15 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Heard a few names, Easton from Airdrie apparently already signed up, also heard Lawless is also. Elliot apparently is being spoken to.

Rudden apparently wants to stay and cancel his pre-contract.

These 2 I find hard to believe but .. Jordan Rhodes and apparently Davis from Rangers. Are rumoured targets.

Dont take my word for these just passing what I’ve been told.

Not to sure that Easton has signed up.  There’s a few rumours he is away to Forest Green

47 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Rudden doubled his wages at Dundee with no relegation clause so if he’s not staying I would be surprised .. unless they don’t want him

I suspect a lot of what happens will be based on their financial position, they have the parachute payment but also less income so I guess it will depend on the owners appetite to invest further 

I think Rudden's situation will depend on who Dundee appoint as manager. Rudden looks like the sort of player that needs to feel the love from the manager. I don't think he enjoyed being a squad player at Dundee. So unless new manager tell him that he is their starting number 9 then I could see why Rudden would be wanting out of Dens park.

I don't think his spell at Dundee has made other premiership clubs want him. At best St Johnstone or St Mirren might be interested but probably as a  backup rather than starting striker.  

I would happily take him back as long as he signs for at least 2 years.