Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

47 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I shall leave that to your imagination my good lady!

Sorry, still none the wiser, and I've an ok imagination. I've asked on here quite a few times what a "fanboy" is and never once has anybody given me an answer.   Still never heard the word being used in conversation only on forums.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

The problem with that is there has been an almost penny pinching attitude for many a year at Firhill which has resulted in many seasons signings being left to the last day.

This would mean having little to discuss all summer till the last day of the season.  Granted the trend has been bucked a little this season with the signings of Dowds, Milne and Muirhead.  But we still are well short of players, not least in the attacking/forward areas

Good post @Third Lanark. I’m surprised to read that McCall thinks our midfield was good this season. It’s one of the worst midfields I’ve seen at Firhill. As some might say, powderpuff. 

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

My brain isn't so frazzled as to see that PTFC's management team aren't up to moving us forward on the playing field. Unlike yourself maybe?

But they have moved us forward. Objectively speaking, we are further forward than when they took over. Yes it was a step backwards before 2 steps forward but I can live with that.

Whether they can take us further forward remains to be seen, but we are on an upward trend at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

But they have moved us forward. Objectively speaking, we are further forward than when they took over. Yes it was a step backwards before 2 steps forward but I can live with that.

Whether they can take us further forward remains to be seen, but we are on an upward trend at the moment.

Since January we have been on a downward spiral. We haven't had a good 90 mins. From where we were at the point it has been an awful decline. I certainly don't think they are moving us forward. Initially 2 steps forward then 3 steps back. A manager who didn't have an earthly on how to fix it. We only made the play offs due to Raith Rovers' collapse. Our form from January was of relegation proportions. And witness the dreadful sequence of results against teams fighting relegation. Morton( x2) Dunfermline by 4-1, Hamilton by 4-0 and last game at Ayr 3-1, going on 5 or 6. Pitiful stuff. That is not moving forward, but going backwards.

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

What is a "fanboy"?

It used to refer to male fans of nerdier subjects like comic books or Dr. Who.  It’s evolved a bit and now is used to denote any male having a borderline romantic obsession with a topic or person.

Used in a sentence:  “The Marvel fanboys from ComicCon got into a fight with the Ian McCall fanboys.  No one was harmed, although several calculators were broken and Gerry can’t find his asthma medication.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

It used to refer to male fans of nerdier subjects like comic books or Dr. Who.  It’s evolved a bit and now is used to denote any male having a borderline romantic obsession with a topic or person.

Used in a sentence:  “The Marvel fanboys from ComicCon got into a fight with the Ian McCall fanboys.  No one was harmed, although several calculators were broken and Gerry can’t find his asthma medication.”

:D

Thanks for that, Chi. Finally got there after two or three years of the asking.

So as I now read it when some folk accuse someone of being a Thistle fanboy/fangirl and they think they're making a disparaging remark, they may in fact not be. Maybe kinda like being called a "happy clapper" by people who boo Jags players during a game.  

Your next task, should you accept the mission, is to let me know what's the antithesis of "fanboy".  :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So as I now read it when some folk accuse someone of being a Thistle fanboy/fangirl and they think they're making a disparaging remark, they may in fact not be. Maybe kinda like being called a "happy clapper" by people who boo Jags players during a game.  

Your next task, should you accept the mission, is to let me know what's the antithesis of "fanboy".  :)

Garscube Road End 2 !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I am pretty sure the word describing the antithesis has been around longer than “fanboy”….

That word is “hater” and I believe it’s still gender-neutral.

Although I’m now singing a version of Avril Lavigne’s first hit: “He was a hater boy, I said see you later boy…” and I do NOT like how it’s sticking in my head.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

I am pretty sure the word describing the antithesis has been around longer than “fanboy”….

That word is “hater” and I believe it’s still gender-neutral.

Although I’m now singing a version of Avril Lavigne’s first hit: “He was a hater boy, I said see you later boy…” and I do NOT like how it’s sticking in my head.

She certainly hated skating. Not sure if she liked other types of fish 

2 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I am a big fan of the Patrick Troughton and John Pertwee reincarnations of ‘Dr Who.’ I am a senior citizen. Does that make me a ‘fan boy’ or  what???!!

I might be a fan boy too, cos I remember watching Jon Pertwee live on cooncil telly. I was just a wee bit young to remember Troughton ;)

I never knew the 

4 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

No, I do remember the first Dr Who. Saw the very first episode, which was slightly delayed because of John F Kennedy’s assassination

I never knew that. I too saw the first episode but as far as I mind it went out as scheduled on yon Saturday night.  

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I never knew the 

I never knew that. I too saw the first episode but as far as I mind it went out as scheduled on yon Saturday night.  

It did but was repeated the following Saturday. (According to wikipediea! I remember the episode but am too young to remember that detail).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Apparently we are being linked with Scott Brown who plays for Peterhead and Chris Burke of Killie 

I hate to admit it, because I don’t want him at all but Burke still cuts it at this level so I’m not overly surprised. Don’t know who Scott Brown is, if it’s who I’m thinking of he started off at St Johnston?