Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Great!

Which musicians' portraits should feature as an imprint on a Jags shirt? Personally, I'd go for, in this order, Pink Floyd, Cocteau Twins, Whistling Jack Smith, Cliff Richard, Focus, The Lambie McParlands..... but I'd also settle for whoever it was who played the final gig in the Firhill Social Club (Now, does anybody know who that was??!!)

Banjo McKinstry

2 hours ago, Cork Jag said:

I think they had to scrap that top as the Bob Marley estate complained. Bohs had thought they’d bought the license but wasnt off the right people.

Always wondered how they got caught. Got an image of Jamaicans kicking back, few beers, bit the usual aromatic stuff and while channel hopping coming across Bohs v Sligo on a Tuesday night and losing their mellow moment.

If it was ironed, could James Lyon wear it in Zion?

Best memory of Declan McDaid in a Thistle jersey was him hitting the bye-line and delivering the cross for Christie Elliott to hammer in the winner at St Mirren Park. Were there any other magic moments to add to his Thistle highlights reel?

Vague recollection that he may have scored in a pre-season friendly in Spain (Murcia?). I did not go, but I think a few Jags fans did make the trip to witness this.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:17 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Great!

Which musicians' portraits should feature as an imprint on a Jags shirt? Personally, I'd go for, in this order, Pink Floyd, Cocteau Twins, Whistling Jack Smith, Cliff Richard, Focus, The Lambie McParlands..... but I'd also settle for whoever it was who played the final gig in the Firhill Social Club (Now, does anybody know who that was??!!)

Can only be one, surely, The Jags!

Jags - Back of My Hand (1979) - YouTube

On 7/3/2022 at 2:17 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Which musicians' portraits should feature as an imprint on a Jags shirt? Personally, I'd go for, in this order, Pink Floyd, Cocteau Twins, Whistling Jack Smith, Cliff Richard, Focus, The Lambie McParlands..... 

I'm one of those who would be happy to own and wear just about any Jags shirt regardless of how poor the design. But in all honesty I could never wear or own anything that had a depiction of Cliff Richard on it.

2 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

What about Justin Currie of Glasgow group, Del Amitri? He’s said in the past, he’s a Thistle fan. Great band in its day, with some brilliant albums in the back catalogue! My personal favourite: ‘Twisted’ with top track, ‘Food For Songs’. Love the cover art too, designed with a biro pen! Another Glasgow band (well, from Bellshill) worthy of mention is ‘Teenage Fanclub’. Some terrific albums, one of which has the school-memory-inducing, mouldmaster football on its cover, floating in water! (?)  Titled, ‘Thirteen’, love the track ‘Norman 3’! Album ‘Bandwagonesque’ is also good. Track, ‘The Concept’ is discordant electric guitars with feedback,  at its BEST!

Teenage Fanclub are a great band that I've somehow managed to miss live after all these years.

Grand Prix is a brilliant album and was one of my first.

44 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Now I was lucky enough to have seen Neil Young.

At Glastonbury, a few (Harvest) Moons ago.

What a gig. Top man.

My second best Neil young gig was seeing him with crazy horse in Paris in 2001…..the support act was Oasis ! Who did not come out well in the comparison 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Neil Young famously busked outside Central station with a hat and and a rapidly increasing audience, in the 70s, once ‘word’ spread.  (before appearing at ‘The Apollo’ off Sauchihall Street.) The polis was not amused! Brilliant songwriter and musician and hugely prolific in terms of his album output, he occasionally annoyed fans sometimes in concert, by refusing to play past popular songs. But, he was his own man and went his own idiosyncratic way! Still does! My favourite of his albums is double live album “Weld” with Crazy Horse. The version of “Cortez The Killer” is unequalled anywhere else IMO. Also love his songs on ‘Deja Vu’ by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. All his music has been pulled off Spotify at the moment, because of a point of principle, on his part. Others have followed his lead.

Weld is an amazing album, also love the story that he once played (at the time) his new album in the first part of a concert then after a few songs said, ...  Don't worry the second part will be full of songs you've heard before - then he played the whole of the first set again.  Just brilliant although frustrating if you were only there to hear his greatest hits!!

Edited by sb1876

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ah! Don't let it bring you down. Anyway just a few more days till we get out on the weekend to see a game. And let's hope we're not on the losing end.

Don't cry no tears if we do, we keep ****** up over and over again.

Edited by Barney Rubble