Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

25 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

This news means Broadfoot can go to shell…

I don’t think we should take loan signings. All we do is develop someone else’s player. Let’s make better use of the players who employed by Thistle, in the Academy etc. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sandy said:

I don’t think we should take loan signings. All we do is develop someone else’s player. Let’s make better use of the players who employed by Thistle, in the Academy etc. 

Totally agree with you , no point in the Academy if we’re not going to utilise is properly.

Not sure if McCall and his coaches are good enough to develop young talent?

We’ve got to develop our Club , have some sort of foresight or template for the future.

Is Ian McCall the right man for the job ? , debatable after the last 2 and 1/2 years .

It doesn’t look as if the foundations are even there after that length of time and still spouting nonsense about us having the strongest midfield in the League.

9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Totally agree with you , no point in the Academy if we’re not going to utilise is properly.

We’ve got to develop our Club , have some sort of foresight or template for the future.

Is Ian McCall the right man for the job ? , debatable after the last 2 and 1/2 years .

It doesn’t look as if the foundations are even there after that length of time and still spouting nonsense about us having the strongest midfield in the League.

Debatable? You were wanting him out last month?

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Debatable? You were wanting him out last month?

Still the case , the others can debate it

I’m sure you could start the debate , probably start with all the young talent we’ve brought through over the last 2 and 1/2 years .

9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Still the case , the others can debate it

I’m sure you could start the debate , probably start with all the young talent we’ve brought through over the last 2 and 1/2 years .

Cameron Cooper seems to have been doing okay. Zak Rudden as well when he was here.  I don’t think McCall has developed the youth enough personally and it’s a weak point of his though a large part of that has to be down to fire fighting also- Covid, crap pitch, league one demotion etc

I see Davis Keillor Dunn has been released, he was Oldham's top scorer this season I think but they were relegated from League 2. He sounds like the type of midfielder that could do us a turn and I'm sure we have been linked with him before, I assume a few teams will be after him right enough.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Every team in the championship takes  3-4 players on loan (as do the majority in the prem). It reflects the clubs' finances &, if we didn't, we would be severely disadvantaged. That's the sad fact.

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Every team in the championship takes  3-4 players on loan (as do the majority in the prem). It reflects the clubs' finances &, if we didn't, we would be severely disadvantaged. That's the sad fact.

We also send some of the older academy players out on loan as part of their development. Think it was 3 or 4 last season. I would rather they stayed and played in a reserve /B  league but that was scrapped because clubs couldn't afford the extra wage bill and other running costs. Nowadays unless you are one of the ugly sisters or hearts, running a B team is cost prohibitive.

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

What are you talking about? Seriously! I Think the best example of the fact McCall Is doing a decent job is having a look at Falkirk and Dunfermline..

Im sick of hearing it’s McCalls fault the club are in the state they are in! For all his faults Tactically this season we still finished In a play off position, which is progress.

I’d love someone to tell me the last manager that made us a few quid from transfer fees also? £160K for Harkins to Dundee. £75K Twaddle to Falkirk. Both McCall signings. Apart from 2 Academy players we never get decent money for players.

McCall has 2 seasons to get us up in my opinion, he’s not as bad as Most say!!

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

What are you talking about? Seriously! I Think the best example of the fact McCall Is doing a decent job is having a look at Falkirk and Dunfermline..

Im sick of hearing it’s McCalls fault the club are in the state they are in! For all his faults Tactically this season we still finished In a play off position, which is progress.

I’d love someone to tell me the last manager that made us a few quid from transfer fees also? £160K for Harkins to Dundee. £75K Twaddle to Falkirk. Both McCall signings. Apart from 2 Academy players we never get decent money for players.

McCall has 2 seasons to get us up in my opinion, he’s not as bad as Most say!!

Wow, if that’s the best you can come up with going back 13 yrs ago I rest my case .

If by any small chance we had got promoted, we would have came straight back down again with the team we’ve got just now .

IMO we shouldn’t have to be rebuilding year on year , McCalls’s signings just haven’t cut it , Blair Lyons , Conor Murray, Cammy Smith , McIvor etc

We should be developing our own and building for the future, looks like McCall is going back down the Aaron Muirhead and Christie Elliott route yet again , these maybe only short term fixes but they won’t last in the long term for PTFC