Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

The pronunciation of Shaughnessy's surname may cause some difficulty if he scores for Thistle and we have to do a shout out. 

There seem to be numerous variations on the first syllable. I would pronounce "Shaugh" in the same way as "Shaw" as in Geordie, but the media seem to prefer "Shoch" to rhyme with "loch". "Shock" to rhyme with "sock" might also be in the equation. Other pronunciations are available. Or we could just call him "Joe".

34 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

The pronunciation of Shaughnessy's surname may cause some difficulty if he scores for Thistle and we have to do a shout out. 

There seem to be numerous variations on the first syllable. I would pronounce "Shaugh" in the same way as "Shaw" as in Geordie, but the media seem to prefer "Shoch" to rhyme with "loch". "Shock" to rhyme with "sock" might also be in the equation. Other pronunciations are available. Or we could just call him "Joe".

A defender scoring for Thistle …. I don’t think that will be a problem.

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

If Celtic fans could get away with calling Johannes Edvaldsson “Shuggy” then us calling Shaughnessey the same nickname wouldn’t be such a stretch.   
But If he didn’t make regular appearances we could call him Nessie. 

• Like 1