Transfer Targets? Who we getting in and who would you fancy that’s out of contract.

Thistle88

5 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I remember this, but we are a terrible support when a ex player shows back at Firhill on an opposing team. I remember reading something about Harkins when we played Dundee and he got it tight! And I mean dogs abuse !! 

Paton got it big time from the fans aswell, Erskine never made it at United but I always wonder how the fans would have been with him if he did.

Spittal I booed 100% at one point, guy jus looked like he so much potential and absolutely no Sacks ! Hope I don’t get grief for saying no sacks.

Just tell 'em you meant socks.

8 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I remember this, but we are a terrible support when a ex player shows back at Firhill on an opposing team. I remember reading something about Harkins when we played Dundee and he got it tight! And I mean dogs abuse !! 

Paton got it big time from the fans aswell, Erskine never made it at United but I always wonder how the fans would have been with him if he did.

Spittal I booed 100% at one point, guy jus looked like he so much potential and absolutely no Sacks ! Hope I don’t get grief for saying no sacks.

Haha. Anything non woke please!

I doubt Spittal would return to us even if asked.

I recall an article about him when he left in which he said "he needed to re-establish his reputation"! I wouldn't think he would regard a move back to Firhill as a positive step. I suspect his agent is working on a better option for him. For example, Aberdeen will be having a summer clear out and would be surprised if he isn't in  Goodwin's thoughts after his relatively successful spell at Ross County.

27 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I doubt Spittal would return to us even if asked.

I recall an article about him when he left in which he said "he needed to re-establish his reputation"! I wouldn't think he would regard a move back to Firhill as a positive step. I suspect his agent is working on a better option for him. For example, Aberdeen will be having a summer clear out and would be surprised if he isn't in  Goodwin's thoughts after his relatively successful spell at Ross County.

He probably wouldn't but remember he came back on loan when we were in Division 1 which was a surprise

Spittal left Ross County after a successful season including holding down a regular place in the team and making a significant contribution to their top 6 achievement. It was clear fron Malky McKays's remarks that he rated Spittal and I think would have liked him to stay. Why then would Spittal even consider stepping down a division with this background on his recent  record?

Surely  his agent must be working on some deal equal to or better than his Ross County contract?

Stepping down a division will only happen if clubs like Dundee or Queens Park match or better the money he was getting at Ross County. We know we can't do that so he will not be coming to Firhill.

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Spittal left Ross County after a successful season including holding down a regular place in the team and making a significant contribution to their top 6 achievement. It was clear fron Malky McKays's remarks that he rated Spittal and I think would have liked him to stay. Why then would Spittal even consider stepping down a division with this background on his recent  record?

Surely  his agent must be working on some deal equal to or better than his Ross County contract?

Stepping down a division will only happen if clubs like Dundee or Queens Park match or better the money he was getting at Ross County. We know we can't do that so he will not be coming to Firhill.

Talk is Spittal is off to Motherwell 

38 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

My question would have been “Do any of these players play for/or have any of them ever played for….Ayr United?

"You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in the Evening Times."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Just wondering if the Ross Stewart that scored for Sunderland today is the same one that we had a few years back. Is he another that got away ?

Yes - & yes.

He started with us as a youth player. Went on to some Ayrshire clubs, Albion Rovers,  St Mirren, went to Ross County and was transferred from them to Sunderland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Yes - & yes.

He started with us as a youth player. Went on to some Ayrshire clubs, Albion Rovers,  St Mirren, went to Ross County and was transferred from them to Sunderland.

We almost signed him from St Mirren. He met Archie & would have signed if Roy McGregor hadn't offered terms we couldn't match.