Trivia

a f kincaid

On 5/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, Auld Jag said:

You are right, not what i was thinking.  Steve Coogan also has a connection.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:03 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ah-ha?

Something to do with ABBA?

If so my guess would be that ABBA won the Eurovision in 74 but had finished second in 73. Can't think of any other eurovision winners that did that.

If so in the European cup only Bayern Munich have done something similar by fiinishing second to Chelsea in 2012 but then going on to win in 2013 against Borussia Dortmund

6 minutes ago, laukat said:

Something to do with ABBA?

If so my guess would be that ABBA won the Eurovision in 74 but had finished second in 73. Can't think of any other eurovision winners that did that.

If so in the European cup only Bayern Munich have done something similar by fiinishing second to Chelsea in 2012 but then going on to win in 2013 against Borussia Dortmund

Mamma Mia. Correct with regard ABBA.  Still sending a SOS for football connection just over 40 years later ?

1 minute ago, Auld Jag said:

Mamma Mia. Correct with regard ABBA.  Still sending a SOS for football connection just over 40 years later ?

Ozan Kabak?

First fella with a palindromic surname to play in the FA Cup a few years back?  

On loan at Norwich (Alan Partridge- Steve Coogan connection) Ah-ha, SOS, palindrome clues & of course ABBA. 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ozan Kabak?

On loan at Norwich (Alan Partridge- Steve Coogan connection) Ah-ha, SOS, palindrome clues & of course ABBA. 

A great answer, but not the one i was thinking . Your answer is more involved than mine. The only reason i mentioned Steve Coogan was the ABBA connection.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Ozan Kabak?

There's a whole lot of material there for neuropsychological researchers trying to figure out how some people's minds work!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Don't want to put anybody on the 'SPOT', but really thought this would have been solved by now.

Is this about the 'ABBA' penalty system ?

Penalties were generally taken in the form of team A then team B, than team A, then Team B.

In 17/18 they introduced in some tournaments the idea of team A takes 1, then teams B takes 2, then Team A takes 1 when it got to sudden death 

Edited by laukat
forgot a bit

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

Is this about the 'ABBA' penalty system ?

Penalties were generally taken in the form of team A then team B, than team A, then Team B.

In 17/18 they introduced in some tournaments the idea of team A takes 1, then teams B takes 2, then Team A takes 1 when it got to sudden death 

Spot on. :happy2::clapping:.

Some great answers, but none better than the one from @lady-isobel-barnett.

• Like 1