Sign in to follow this  
denismcquadeno.eleven

PET ‘HATES’ IN FOOTBALL

Replaying goal commentary, on the radio, what is the point of that. :thinking: Not just football but when somebody is getting interviewed and they say listen, i am listening, if i wasn't, i wouldn't hear you say listen. 

• Like 1

Guys taking a shy running (or walking!) up to 20 yards ahead of where the ball went out of play, and the officials doing nothing about it.

The ref should stop it and award the shy to the opposition team, with a 20-yard advantage from where the infringement was called.

Some of these are probably down to me not understanding tactics, but:

1) The extra 20 yards on throw-ins as mentioned previously

2) Throw-ins that take 30 seconds to find an open man just to run toward you and first-touch the ball back to you in very limited space (when there’s a wide open man in the midfield who could just as well start the attack from there)

3) Hoofball

4) The one player who lingers close to the keeper on a drop-kick, presumably to give him as little room as possible to get the kick off.

5) Diving cheats especially the ones who excel in theatrics and then get up unscathed as if nothing ever happened 

6) “The younger generation”, which seems like where this rant is headed

7) Strikers for whom striking is something they either have trouble doing or does not come as a first instinct

And then add the caveat “only when it’s the other team.  When we do it, it’s fine” to most of the above.

• Like 1

Kick off passed back to guy on centre circle who promptly launches out of play. What’s the point of that ?

24 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Kick off passed back to guy on centre circle who promptly launches out of play. What’s the point of that ?

Think at a time there was a bit of spread betting on the first throw in. But, no, I'm not too sure of the point of that.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

If you play a high press (which we don’t) it allows you to put an early press on deep in their half. That is the point, but in most cases pointless.

Keepers falling on the ground with simple catches and lying for some time. It seems to happen  all the time now.  So much for the 6 second rule that was introduced & now ignored

In no particular order:

• Diving / simulation
  • The diminishing ability to make a decent tackle without a foul being awarded
  • Players flashing imaginary "cards" to get someone booked / sent off

Commentators and pundits dismissing penalty shootouts as a lottery. It really isn’t, taking a penalty is absolutely a skill that can be mastered 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

That seems to have been Thistle's kick-off tactic for decades!

Pundits/commentators saying "Well, there was contact" at every penalty claim incident. If "contact" itself was called a foul each time, then the game would be stopping every 10 or 20 seconds. 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:58 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Pundits/commentators saying "Well, there was contact" at every penalty claim incident. If "contact" itself was called a foul each time, then the game would be stopping every 10 or 20 seconds. 

I

Edited by denismcquadeno.eleven

19 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

The speaking clock. Really annoys me.

You must also hate music by The Strokes

• Half-time entertainment that goes beyond the youth teams taking penalties (e.g. the Phoenix Honda Cheerleaders)
  • Taking ages at throw-ins.
  • Ball getting punted into an empty stand, and then proceeding to try and find it between the rows as opposed to just chucking on a new one. 
  • Unless it is part of a tradition, a random goal-scoring song is usually embarrassing.  

I believe in Germany there's a rule that all hospitality guests must retake their seats before the restart of the second half. Maybees it's where I sit in the JHS but I wish that rule applied here. Guess that says more about me because really it shouldn't bother me one way or the other.

The BBC commentator in England that incessantly talks about a player "just about" doing this and that when in fact  he means they just did it. "Hugo Lloris just about got his fingers to that. Corner to ....". Hugo Lloris DID get his fingers to that ball. That's why it's a corner, you ******* eejit. 

You could be right about hospitality seats LIB.

I watched a Hertha Berlin game in the standard seats and it was fairly relaxed. Nobody seemed to complain when I nipped up to the one of about 20 beer kiosks within the ground