New Season, new kit

fifexile

Amongst all the other speculation going on about new signings, who owns the club, how will the new pitch stand up with only Thistle playing on it, I'll throw in another one, what combination of  rednyella are we wearing next season?

I'll put an early shout out for a throwback to the 1950's and 60's and suggest broad red and yellow horizontal stripes on the shirt and white shorts.

Pure speculation on my part I have no insider knowledge. 

6 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Amongst all the other speculation going on about new signings, who owns the club, how will the new pitch stand up with only Thistle playing on it, I'll throw in another one, what combination of  rednyella are we wearing next season?

I'll put an early shout out for a throwback to the 1950's and 60's and suggest broad red and yellow horizontal stripes on the shirt and white shorts.

That alone would make me renew my season ticket! Wonderful idea...

48 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Spectacular  suggestion.

I was chatting to a friend a few weeks ago and talking about next year's kit I raised the hope that PTFC and O'Neils would come up with a modern version of our early 1960s kit. I told him if this happened it would be a sell out.

Why dont you email the club with your idea. I am not sure those currently running the club have any idea how 'iconic' we consider this kit to be or its sales potential.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Spectacular  suggestion.

I was chatting to a friend a few weeks ago and talking about next year's kit I raised the hope that PTFC and O'Neils would come up with a modern version of our early 1960s kit. I told him if this happened it would be a sell out.

Why dont you email the club with your idea. I am not sure those currently running the club have any idea how 'iconic' we consider this kit to be or its sales potential.

Thanks exiledjag TBH I'd assume the kits are already designed to allow for production lead ins. I hope when we own the club our new board will consult with the fans 

ETA a navy shirt white shorts as the official away kit please!

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

Don’t mind the 50’s and 60’s tops  but not with white shorts please. We had them in a similar kit in the late 90’s.  Honking

Each to their own. I remember that kit (iirc Arrow was the manufacturer). I remember it as one of the big, baggy styles of that time. The 60's kit aways appeared to be a darker shade of both the red and yellow although that might be due to the photos I've seen,   Anyone else remember better than me?

1 minute ago, fifexile said:

Each to their own. I remember that kit (iirc Arrow was the manufacturer). I remember it as one of the big, baggy styles of that time. The 60's kit aways appeared to be a darker shade of both the red and yellow although that might be due to the photos I've seen,   Anyone else remember better than me?

I've a 60s replica top that's every bit as bright as any red & yellow Jag's top. But I think there may have also been a darker shade top kicking about back then or just before as well. Not that dissimilar to Lord Rosebery's racing colours if you know what I mean  

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

I have a horrible recollection of a kind of lemon and pink top instead of red and yellow, and I remember hating it even more because we were so crap at the time.

Will try to find a couple pictures of it. It still gives me nightmares!

1 hour ago, 1876 said:

Need to get a decent club shop back at firhill 

Unfortunately, the wee outlet on Firhill Rd (the stadium) is an easy target for ridicule among many visiting fans as being the only Jags stuff shop. A "hole-in-the-wall" operation.

Without some major redevelopment at the stadium it's hard to see how this could change. Maybe some improved signage to the offices?

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I have a horrible recollection of a kind of lemon and pink top instead of red and yellow, and I remember hating it even more because we were so crap at the time.

Will try to find a couple pictures of it. It still gives me nightmares!

This one?

Screenshot_20220524-192918_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, 1876 said:

I’m sure it must be costing us a fortune on the retail side , no real push to sell strips etc on Match Days .

Ridiculous size of Club Shop with limited stock 

No idea how to run a commercial outlet and it’s obviously been passed on to Greaves Sports who quite rightly will be taking their cut and diminishing profits to PTFC

3 hours ago, 1876 said:

Did we ever have a decwnt shop at Firhill? Problem is finding somewhere to put it. Can't think of any space in the main stand that would do the job. Might be room in the JHS but access is an issue.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think this is the one I hated. From a distance I suppose it looked okay, but the closer you got, the more it became pink and lemon!

Jersey1.jpg

Jersey 2.jpg

That's the Arrow kit I remember. Colours are definitely too pale but darker red and yellow with a black round collar and cuffs, white shorts and 60's  style red socks with yellow turnovers and a black hoop. Maybe I'm getting too nostalgic! Those old kits looked so much better without all the logos and advertising plastered everywhere!

• Like 1

Response from the club re next seasons kits:

Hi Iain

Thank you for your message.

We expect to launch the new kit towards the end of June.

Obviously we hope to make the launch as interesting as we can for fans therefore I am unable to provide you with any further information at this time.

Keep an eye on our website/social media.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1