New Season, new kit

fifexile

2 hours ago, fifexile said:

That's the Arrow kit I remember. Colours are definitely too pale but darker red and yellow with a black round collar and cuffs, white shorts and 60's  style red socks with yellow turnovers and a black hoop. Maybe I'm getting too nostalgic! Those old kits looked so much better without all the logos and advertising plastered everywhere!

100% agreement on all of that!

At some point I would like to see a modern version of this strip partick_thistle_1987-1988-a.gif (150×263) (historicalkits.co.uk)

Some strips are popular because they were the first Thistle strip you remember, some because the team that wore it were a good team and some because we achieved something memorable.

However none of that applies to that strip but its still a personal favourite and as Thistle strips go a bit of a cult classic.

4 hours ago, fifexile said:

Response from the club re next seasons kits:

Hi Iain

Thank you for your message.

We expect to launch the new kit towards the end of June.

Obviously we hope to make the launch as interesting as we can for fans therefore I am unable to provide you with any further information at this time.

Keep an eye on our website/social media.

Regards

But was the letter signed by Jacqui Low? Asking for a friend 

Had to Google the French bit, like I did with the answer to last nights trivia question. The problem is I found Ronaldo, Zlatan & Suarez so couldn’t unknow. So went to bed in a panic, got up and some clever sod had guessed right ;) 

Edited by sandy

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Had to Google that, like the answer to last nights trivia question. The problem is I found Ronaldo, Zlatan & Suarez so couldn’t unknow. So went to bed in a panic, got up and some clever sod had guessed right ;) 

Had to be a top scorer big chap so picked the obvious 2 (Kane was in the wings) ... I do hope you are not suggesting any impropriety on my part :sign: - didn't have a scooby about the keeper - before my time y'know.

Just now, gianlucatoni said:

Had to be a top scorer big chap so picked the obvious 2 (Kane was in the wings) ... I do hope you are not suggesting any impropriety on my part :sign: - didn't have a scooby about the keeper - before my time y'know.

Not at all, sir. The impropriety was all mine.  As your younger cousin twice removed I know how hard the burden of age must weigh heavily on your shoulders 

23 minutes ago, sandy said:

Not at all, sir. The impropriety was all mine.  As your younger cousin twice removed I know how hard the burden of age must weigh heavily on your shoulders 

cheeky auld bastirt - time for a cup of ovaltine & bed up at happy valley retirement home - if you're on the luxe package you might even get a new nappy tonight :tongue2:

4 hours ago, laukat said:

At some point I would like to see a modern version of this strip partick_thistle_1987-1988-a.gif (150×263) (historicalkits.co.uk)

Some strips are popular because they were the first Thistle strip you remember, some because the team that wore it were a good team and some because we achieved something memorable.

However none of that applies to that strip but its still a personal favourite and as Thistle strips go a bit of a cult classic.

God I hate that strip. Worst ever

5 hours ago, laukat said:

That strip was bowfin!

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

We’ve had some nice and IMO not so nice away shirts over the years, but which were your favourites. 

1) Going back a bit, to the 1973/74 era, I liked the red shirt with yellow trim (mid 1970s neck ie triangle on neck  plus collar.)

2) Then, (not including Thistle colours) I liked the late 1970s, light blue with yellow trim (which also featured in the film “Gregory’s Girl”!)

3) Coming much closer up to date, I liked the black shirt with ‘smear’ of red/yellow’  just below the right shoulder and on to the upper chest, worn when we were in the Premier Lge. In fact, we wore ALL these in the top tier.

I really like this years away shirt, but there is only one winner. Best Thistle shirt EVER was the silver and blue top. Under floodlights that was just amazing.

partick-thistle-away-football-shirt-2001

8 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I really like this years away shirt, but there is only one winner. Best Thistle shirt EVER was the silver and blue top. Under floodlights that was just amazing.

Yeah, nice shirt. But maybe the performances didn't live up to hopes (Do they ever?! Sure, occasionally!!)

On 5/26/2022 at 10:03 AM, Dick Dastardly said:

It was a cracker