The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

For Thistle fans who are not already members of the Foundation, or whose memberships might (understandably) have lapsed, I hope we can persuade you to join or rejoin. It's really easy to do and you can sign up for either a recurring Direct Debit or a recurring card payment on our website at this link

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/ 

Building momentum in numbers is going to be really important in the coming weeks and months and I hope we can count on your support.

If you have any questions about your membership or membership status, please email [email protected].

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Out of interest have representatives of 3BC acknowledged the new chair yet of The Foundation  and indicated a willingness to re-engage in talks?

We're hopeful we can bring you more on this fairly soon. I don't want to prejudge anything but lines of communication are open, which I consider to be significant progress on where we might have been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be remiss of me not to remind folk that it's really easy to sign up to The Jags Foundation. Just click this link and fill out your details: https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

Remember you can do this by Direct Debit or regular card payment, on either a regular membership (£10 per month) or a concessionary one (£5 per month).

If you'd like to, you can also make an additional monthly contribution to the Foundation while signing up.

More than 100 fans have joined, or rejoined, the Foundation since a group of us published The Open Letter on 13 April.

It's a numbers game right now, so every additional member counts. Join today, tell your friends and family to join today, and spread the word.

If you feel unable to make a regular contribution at the current moment, please still sign-up as a Friend of the Foundation. This is also open to those under the age of 16. You can do this here: https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up-2/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

We're hopeful we can bring you more on this fairly soon. I don't want to prejudge anything but lines of communication are open, which I consider to be significant progress on where we might have been.

Good news WJ 

2 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

“It’s a numbers game right now..” I understand the need to increase members and more members gives TJF more authenticity, but does this phrase mean that 3BCs/the PTFC are saying TJF needs to have a higher membership (perhaps a specific number?) before it can be considered a vehicle for the Colin Weir shares?

To be clear I mean purely from the new Foundation Board’s perspective. Maximising memberships makes clear to all involved that we are the support’s preferred fan ownership vehicle. Nothing more or less than that.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

“It’s a numbers game right now..” I understand the need to increase members and more members gives TJF more authenticity, but does this phrase mean that 3BCs/the PTFC are saying TJF needs to have a higher membership (perhaps a specific number?) before it can be considered a vehicle for the Colin Weir shares?

I guess it could be Countdown if it’s a numbers game. 

A wee update on Foundation membership:

Today we reached 530 members, and there have been new and returning members joining every single day in the last fortnight.

Membership is up more than 7% since the new board took office a fortnight ago.

Well over 100 people have joined or rejoined since The Open Letter went out on 13 April.

We want to hit our next milestone, 550 members as soon as possible and really push on.

If you’re not a member, take the plunge and sign up.

If you are a member, tell your friends and family to join.

Follow us on Twitter @Jags_Foundation

Follow us on Facebook (The Jags Foundation)

Follow us on our brand new Instagram (@thejagsfoundation)

Follow us on our new LinkedIn (The Jags Foundation)

If you’re a member, post on your socials why you support The Jags Foundation. Let’s spread the word!

50 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Would it be possible to provide regular updates regarding what is happening between TJF and 3BCs/PTFC board, perhaps every 2/3 weeks. These need not be long and might even amount to just a few sentences. But, it would be helpful for those supporters not directly involved, to know what is happening. I am not on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.

To add to that, saying “no update” is preferable to not saying anything.  It’s the difference between nothing happening and someone falling asleep at the wheel.

Also, does TJF have a formal charter or mission statement?  Questions about what to do with membership money are more easily answered when you can tie things back to a document.

I know the TJF page has an “our aims” section but maybe codifying that is a good idea?

As you’ll have seen from the Chair’s message last week, dialogue is open with 3BC (they’re willing to meet with representatives of TJF) and the Foundation has set up a negotiations sub-team (consisting of Sandy, Andrew, Heather and Gary) for precisely that purpose.

There isn’t yet anything substantive to report but that’s because a face-to-face meeting hasn’t (yet) taken place.

We will provide as full and as frequent updates as confidentiality allows. We understand entirely the clamour for information, but as with any professional business transaction, it wouldn’t be right to provide a running commentary. Mutual trust between 3BC and TJF will be vital if this is going to work.

I hope that reassures. We will be in a better position to update you on this some point within the next fortnight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Thanks for this.
A couple of points:

a) You say TJF and 3BCs/PTFC board haven’t met yet, but that specific people have been chosen from TJF for that first meeting. Speaking personally, I find it slightly disappointing a meeting hasn’t happened yet. But, we are where we are. Has  a date been set for that? Have dates been set for subsequent meetings? 

b) You mentioned the subject of ‘confidentiality.’ I can see that this will be of importance to those on 3BCs/PTFC board, but TJF has a membership of a lot of people and there needs to be a balance between what might not necessarily be useful or important  for Thistle supporters to know and what they need to be told, as the leadership has to be answerable to its members. How do you/TJF see that ‘balance’ being struck?

Like I said before, I'm not going to give an off-the-cuff running commentary on this, but please bear in mind that:

(a) we took office barely two weeks ago

(b) that period has included a bank holiday weekend during which several people were on holiday (for example, I have been managing membership subscriptions and enquiries while literally on holiday in Egypt)

(c) a reasonable period of time had to be allowed for the new TJF Board actually to meet one another and to agree our approach (we have our second TJF Board meeting next week)

Basically, patience, kemosabe!

1 minute ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

And, the matter of ‘confidentiality’?

As I've already said, we will update members as fully and as frequently as confidentiality allows.

It would not be appropriate to play out a blow-by-blow account of negotiations in the public domain.

When there is something substantive to report we will report it.

Patience, kemosabe!

37 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Thanks for this.
A couple of points:

a) You say TJF and 3BCs/PTFC board haven’t met yet, but that specific people have been chosen from TJF for that first meeting. Speaking personally, I find it slightly disappointing a meeting hasn’t happened yet. But, we are where we are. Has  a date been set for that? Have dates been set for subsequent meetings? 

b) You mentioned the subject of ‘confidentiality.’ I can see that this will be of importance to those on 3BCs/PTFC board, but TJF has a membership of a lot of people and there needs to be a balance between what might not necessarily be useful or important  for Thistle supporters to know and what they need to be told, as the leadership has to be answerable to its members. How do you/TJF see that ‘balance’ being struck?

TJF now have a board elected by the membership. They have been in place for a couple of weeks. Remember, they are volunteers and working on this in their spare time. Already they have set up a negotiating committee. The negotiations will be delicate. We need to give them time to establish trust and move forwards. TBC will probably be spooked by a running commentary being published. We must have faith in those elected and allow them space do their jobs.

I, personally, have confidence now that TJF will keep us informed of the facts when appropriate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I never asked for a ‘blow -by -blow account of negotiations’ and I don’t believe I am being impatient by asking legitimate questions about what is happening, when it’s happening and ‘confidentiality’ on this issue.

I'm not saying that your questions aren't legitimate; I'm just trying to explain why I'm not in a position to answer them immediately and here on this forum.

Most supporters are surely hoping for much more transparency around this matter which up to now, has been fairly opaque.

And you'll get that, when there is something to report!

The supporters  need to surely know what is being agreed in their name and the  implications of this.

Of course they do. But our negotiations sub-team has not yet met with 3BC. So there is nothing "agreed" to report!

I believe any agreement likely to be made by the TJF leadership with 3BCs/PTFC board needs to be laid in front of supporters for their approval, before it can be finally ‘agreed.’ Can you at least reassure on that?

Of course it would. It's completely inconceivable that the Foundation would take ownership of the Club without first putting the matter to its members.

From the outside, it seems to me that there's a different between confidentiality and trying to run a negotiation of this nature in a responsible and professional manner. 

It can be frustrating from the sidelines,  and it's not helped by a history of poor communication, but it seems to be too early to judge the new JTF board either way.

Indeed. I don't disagree at all.  The Foundation can only speak for itself.  Greame has said that they hope to meet with TBC soon, and we must hope that there is something positive to come from that.

I'm not necessarily expecting an in depth update from that meeting, even if progress is made though. I think that we either trust the new TJF board to get on with it and to communicate when there is something useful to communicate, or we don't.

It's also important to be clear that TJF can't operate in vacuum. TBC need to be willing to engage. I don't know enough of the detail to comment, but the TBC public statements so far have been pretty poor, and reflect badly on those making them.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One thing that I do know for certain, however: a number of the TJF board members are respectable and experienced professionals. It's difficult to understand what TBC are looking for if they aren't viewed as being capable of acting as the custodians of the shareholding.

I think as Graeme and others say, delays in share transfer are outwith their control. I take the apparent TJF silence , after a wheen of communication during the election campaign, as a sign of them working hard to see if they can get the cats to release the mice. 

13 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Well, we all know who the ‘cats’ are but did you have any particular ‘mice’ in mind?!!

The kind of mice that share.

Btw I was a huge fan of Tom & Jerry when young 

Edited by sandy