The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

18 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I am not judging the new leadership of TJF, because to date I have nothing on which to judge them. However, the last communication from 3BCs/PTFC board (May ‘22) said they wanted to see the transfer of shares to supporters “before the start of the new season.” Unless, they are now saying something different or eventually do, that is the time-frame. And, as you yourself say, “ a history of poor communication” and I would add, an announcement and pronouncement on 09/04/22 from 3BCs/PTFC that was shocking to many Thistle fans (incl. me) has never been properly explained. As I said above I (personally) am looking for better communication in every way and greater transparency within this whole process from all sides. I believe that to be a reasonable expectation, and one that is crucial to a possible better outcome.

The new board has been in place 18 days today, that timescale has had an extended bank holiday and 3 weekends in that time, of which we’ve been meeting up over weekends, late at night and we are all communicating daily as a full board or as sub-groups. 
We have various wheels turning at the moment between the full board and sub-groups, from growing membership, sorting legally required documentation, opportunities to increase funding, increasing social media content, looking at fan engagement, plus of course the negotiation side. 
Updates are coming on various elements of the Foundation,  but I can assure you the 8 board members i am working with are putting a huge amount of effort and personal time into ensuring what is done is done  correctly and diligently. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

You are assuming I am criticising the TJF board, but as they say ‘it takes two to tango.’ Rather, I remain sceptical about 3BCs and the PTFC board! There have been no conciliatory words aired publicly from them so far, and indeed, when they made their statement on 09/04/22 it seemed pretty final. Maybe they’ve mellowed since then and are prepared to at least hear what the new TJF board has to say. They’ve not made any statement on those lines which makes me wonder why, if they ARE prepared to change their original stance, wouldn’t it go down better with supporters if they did say something like this. After all, they could revert back to the 09/04/22 position easily later if they wanted. We have been told lines of communication are opening and things are more positive. Yet, the reasoning for this appears so confidential nothing concrete can be uttered publicly on how this belief is now held.  If no dates have been arranged for a first meeting, or subsequent meetings -which is a point I raised above and wasn’t answered-then that equally says something about 3BCs/PTFC board. The new season is not far away and the players are returning for pre-season training. Hopefully, we won’t be told by the PTFC board, “We must concentrate on the new season now” or something of the sort. I understand the need to ‘tread carefully’, not to upset them prematurely etc, etc, (though they didn’t bother about upsetting TJF, supporters and it’s then leadership) but the bottom line is ‘Are the shares going to eventually be given to TJF’ on behalf of ALL Thistle supporters?’ There may be ‘many roads to reach Rome’ (as the saying goes) but that is the ultimate ‘destination’. All the other things you mention matter, at the moment, but if 3BCs/PTFC don’t change their original line, everything else falls. 

I'm not  sure why you are posting this. I'm pretty sure that nobody on here can influence 3BC/PTFC board decisions. Ask Jacqui Low.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The new board has been in place 18 days today, that timescale has had an extended bank holiday and 3 weekends in that time, of which we’ve been meeting up over weekends, late at night and we are all communicating daily as a full board or as sub-groups. 
We have various wheels turning at the moment between the full board and sub-groups, from growing membership, sorting legally required documentation, opportunities to increase funding, increasing social media content, looking at fan engagement, plus of course the negotiation side. 
Updates are coming on various elements of the Foundation,  but I can assure you the 8 board members i am working with are putting a huge amount of effort and personal time into ensuring what is done is done  correctly and diligently. 

18 days in, this seems like the perfect update to me.  Thanks for this.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Woodstock Jag said:

(b) that period has included a bank holiday weekend during which several people were on holiday (for example, I have been managing membership subscriptions and enquiries while literally on holiday in Egypt)

Do you intend to investigate the SPFL Pyramid while you are there?

51 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Just a question re the donations. Is the Foundation able to register as a charity and claim back the tax on donations.  I can't remember filling our a form for it when I signed up 

The short answer is that we aren’t a charity and aren’t registered as a charity. We are simply a private company limited by guarantee.

The slightly longer answer is that this was looked at by the old board and I understand they concluded that we would struggle to meet the eligibility conditions to obtain charitable status.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

So, no face-to-face meetings arranged between TJF board and 3BCs/PTFC board as yet, and we should assume there are none, until told otherwise?

As per Sandy's update from last night, as soon as there is anything substantive to report from the dialogue with Three Black Cats, we will seek to update members as fully as we can.

It would be unwise to infer anything from that about matters of process.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

• 2 weeks later...

Update from the Foundation Chair:

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/update-on-discussions-with-three-black-cats/

Good evening fellow Jags fans.

I wanted to take this opportunity to provide an update on some recent activity from the Foundation Board.

We can confirm that on 20 June representatives of the TJF Board met with the Directors of Three Black Cats. The meeting was considered to be constructive by the TJF board members present and we are grateful to 3BC for the face-to-face meeting.

As a result of the meeting, TJF agreed to submit a follow-up document which has now been actioned. We are committed to providing members an update on progress on 16 July. There can be no further comment until then.

Best

Sandy Fyfe, Chair and Negotiations Sub-group Lead

• Like 3