The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

Circumstances have sadly conspired to prevent me getting to Glasgow for the TJF BBQ.

A question I would like to ask is what is the Plan B if 3BC continue to have a different take on fan ownership? When do things take us into the realms of Save the Jags 2? Are we prepared to be strong and (if need be) militant? 

@jaf

@Woodstock Jag

Edited by sandy

Massive thanks to all who attended the barbecue today. Very good turnout, very nice relaxed atmosphere and great to see fans of all ages from a few months old to fans in their 80’s. Lots of families too which is excellent.

Well done to Graham Matters for the magic, the venue for the food, Ian Mac for organizing but mostly to all who attended. Was great to speak to so many on fan ownership, Thistle, football and life in general.

Many thanks  again

Stuart

• Thanks 1

It's probably unrealistic to expect the TJF board to answer this question.  To do so would likely be seen as overly threatening,  and is no way to manage a discussion/ negotiation (or whatever this is) of this nature.

In any event, it's not a question that I expect the TJF board could answer anyway. What you are talking about is a nuclear "what if" situation. That sort of thing would probably be down to the membership/ wider fan base.

I just want to add my thanks to all our board members who made today a success and to all the fans who turned up to support the event. My only regret is that I couldn’t join personally.

We’ve been working up to this event ever since we got elected and we’re delighted to be able to provide opportunities for Thistle fans to come together and have fun, over and above the football on a Saturday afternoon. Ian’s work especially on this has been fantastic.

I hope this, and the other things that we are doing, make clear that our intentions are about building something that lasts: that is indispensable to the success of the Thistle community on and off the park.

We did not come into this process expecting it to be easy, and have been acutely aware of the potential challenges we could face. You know this because we have, among our number, many of those who were vocal (both privately and in public) about earlier stages of this process.

We’re sticking about and fully intend to see this through. The more fans that back us the stronger our case.

Anyone who thinks this group of Thistle fans is going to chuck it if the process doesn’t go the way we’d like it to is very mistaken. We love our club far too much to let that happen and we will do absolutely everything within our power to deliver a fan ownership model that can work.

If you’re still swithering, take a punt on us. Don’t leave yourself wondering “what if”.

NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/notice-of-extraordinary-general-meeting/

We are holding an EGM on Thursday 1st September 2022 at 7pm.

The purpose of this meeting is to allow members to decide whether to adopt a new set of Articles of Association, endorsed by The Jags Foundation Board.

Simply put, we think these better reflect the nature and status of the organisation, now that it has a substantial membership, and they better deal with putting in place clear arrangements:

(a) to hold TJF Board members accountable to the members; and

(b) to enable the TJF Board to take important, timely and effective decisions on the members' behalf.

If the members approve, these Articles will replace the model Articles of Association, an "off-the-shelf" set of rules adopted when the Foundation was initially set-up.

All members should have received an email (contact [email protected] if you didn't). The documents are also available on our website.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Derby Jag said:

Will it be possible to provide a summary of changes in relation to this? 

Hi Derby - I've had a very quick skim myself, and it looks as though this is a whole new set of Articles. So it's a bit like asking to summarise the differences between a carrot and a chair!  They're both things, but they're not the same.

I see from the emailed notification of the meeting that I got that TJF have helpfully included a note on the website about why this is being done.  In short, I think that the old Articles were an off the peg job, designed for use by a different kind of organisation.  So this is TJF's endeavour to fix that.

It's a pretty dry set of procedures and mission statements, but it's an important technical document that will govern how TJF operates and what it's purposes are. Those that are interested in such things should definitely take time to read it.

Articles can be changed in the future- it's not set in stone,  but if the new TJF board want to step forward into the future with confidence and good governance,  it's important to get the structure right. (I don't mean to criticise the old board - every organisation has to prioritise things - but it feels positive that TJF are looking to move forward with the next step of its evolution. )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

FAN OWNERSHIP UPDATE

Important Statement from the The Jags Foundation this evening.

Please read: https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/fan-ownership-a-statement-from-the-jags-foundation/

Join the Foundation: https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

Have your say at our EGM.

Entirely predictable to be honest 

fans should now demand that Jacqui Low clearly  states her position

no doubt a fans fig leaf will be installed 

shambles 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

FAN OWNERSHIP UPDATE

Please read: https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/fan-ownership-a-statement-from-the-jags-foundation/

Very disappointing but through no fault of TJF.

I now look forward to Jacqui Low's response to a statement by Jacqui Low on the club website.

I just can't figure out what the TBC end game is as it was clearly stated earlier this year they had no desire to hold on to the shares.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Entirely predictable to be honest 

fans should now demand that Jacqui Low clearly  states her position

no doubt a fans fig leaf will be installed 

shambles 

I thought you were a fan of Ms Low, @javeajag? Not that anyone is trying to make it personal you understand. 

But you are a supporter of the current Club Board and the 3BC 

Edited by sandy
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

FAN OWNERSHIP UPDATE

Thanks @Woodstock Jag

Maybe my question I posed a few days ago becomes more relevant now. I look forward to joining the EGM. 

13 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I now look forward to Jacqui Low's response to a statement by Jacqui Low on the club website.

I just can't figure out what the TBC end game is as it was clearly stated earlier this year they had no desire to hold on to the shares.

I will Second that Martin.

Edited by falklandal1
mispell

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

What are you on about you absolute muppet…. That will explain why I’m a member of TJF and have supported fan ownership …ho and lie down 

I thought the Muppets was a great show.

But I won’t lie down to you matey. I know you support the Club Board and 3BC.

Anyway, time for action me thinks

Edited by sandy

21 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Yes lots of questions to be answered for sure.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

As I thought childish , petulant and an empty vessel 

That’s a good autobiography title you have there!

Anyway, it’s really time for action not words. See you on the barricades brother 

Edited by sandy