The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

17 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Can’t you see the way the wind’s blowing? it’s been blowing in this direction for some considerable time. The current management at PTFC are not interested in supporters being represented, or saying things they don’t want to hear-only the cash they can bring to the club, through many different methods. They likely want a docile, loyal, subservient  group (under the guise of supporters) who will be compliant, and do whatever is wanted by those who wield the real power. The correct description for what has just happened is a ‘stitch-up’ and it’s the fans who have been ambushed and subdued!

I have to say though, that whoever the ‘other’ group is who are getting the shares, I wonder how any of them could ever look any of the TJF leadership in the eye in the future. For they have NOT been open and straight about their actions, that’s clear. And, in fact it would appear to have been part of the deception which has now been revealed. I think they call it ‘the denouement’. Ie you only find out what has been done TO you when it’s too late to do anything about it! (Shafted?)  They may be Thistle fans, but I wouldn’t want to have anything to do with them at matches, if I knew who they were. What’s that old Scots word? -‘sleekit’!

Sadly you read it largely correct @denismcquadeno.eleven

My final word on the matter tonight.

Various iterations of fan organisations have tried to engage meaningfully with the Club Board over the years. And in good faith. For my part, I was briefly Chair of the Jags Trust 9 or 10 years ago. We tried to believe the Club Directors at the time and got stung over a share promise that was never delivered. 

Since then the Jags Trust has waned. Chairs have come and gone, some have remained. In my opinion TJF offered a beacon of hope in terms of engagement around Colin Weirs shares. I am a TJF member and remain a TJF member. It is the only fans body that is credible. 

But we have been shafted by today’s developments. That makes me angry, as we have been taken for mugs again. 

If, as is likely, the Club announce that some variant of the unelected ‘PTFC Trust’ will receive Colin Weirs shares, then personally I think that’s a travesty. The shares should not be going to an unelected ‘fan group’ of uncertain pedigree.

I will continue to support TJF. But hope of a meaningful outcome is fading fast. I feel deeply sad that our Club has come to this point whilst ignoring the fans. 

Edited by sandy
typo

For some reason 3BC's disappointing but unsurprising statement has led me back to 1984 by George Orwell, which I last read when I was at school (before 1984!).

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing......We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.

Presumably the PTFC Trust (or possibly some sub-variant of this) will now have to emerge from the shadows. I am not an expert in these matters, but a key may lie with people like me (and no doubt some other forum posters), ie those who have held season tickets for at least 3 years, in whose interests I understand this Trust is supposed to be acting, though as far as I can see it has been inactive and uncommunicative (with no electability or accountability) for well over 2 years.

• Like 3

We have prepared a document, which more fully sets out how the discussions with Three Black Cats played out between our election in late May and the rejection meeting last night.

It's a long read, but it's a necessary read. And it's part of our promise to you for transparency and accountability.

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/fan-ownership-or-sham-ownership-you-decide/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

We have prepared a document, which more fully sets out how the discussions with Three Black Cats played out between our election in late May and the rejection meeting last night.

It's a long read, but it's a necessary read. And it's part of our promise to you for transparency and accountability.

Appreciate putting this together. Still trying to come to terms with all the revelations in there but can only express sympathy with all the board members, particularly Sandy and Andrew, for clearly being taken for a ride these past months. The "final meeting" section not only upset me from a professional perspective but from a human being one.

I look forward to reading more discussion on here through the day  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Derby Jag said:

Appreciate putting this together. Still trying to come to terms with all the revelations in there but can only express sympathy with all the board members, particularly Sandy and Andrew, for clearly being taken for a ride these past months. The "final meeting" section not only upset me from a professional perspective but from a human being one.

I look forward to reading more discussion on here through the day  

Sandy in particular has been phenomenal in this process. He has led us with an abundance of patience, pragmatism and persuasion. Bluntly many of us in another setting would have lost our rag with them long before it ever got to this.

So Low wants to remain in control without "outside interference", wants folk on the board who will dance to her tune, doesn't want scrutiny or accountability even if it meant better fan engagement and valuable monies being raised to strengthen the club?  So pay your ST money, Jagszone subs, CC etc etc but shut up and know your place...    Who would have guessed, eh? 

I feel very much for those who have put in so much time, effort and professionalism into something that Low was never interested in. The dis-interest in the "final meeting" was appalling and disrespectful. Her ego is more important than the well being of the club.  

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Thanks @Woodstock Jag. Most of us are firmly behind TJF and real fan ownership.

And if it is ‘PTFC Trust’ who get the shares, they can never represent me as I have not had a Season Ticket for 3 years in a row.

This whole think stinks.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

What's with this obsession by Low to control a small club that makes no money?  

Both boards of TJF have worked hard and been gaslighted by Jaqui Low.  Peter Shand apoears unprofessional and downright disrespectful and the 3 fan representatives on our current board seem to have become one of "them".  Even if their heart is in the right place they are not coming across well.

I was lukewarm to fan ownership.  Joined TJF to give it a go.  Now I've escalated to organising a mob and charging the barricades of the Firhill offices. (all metaphorical i may add).

• Like 1

Reading that well presented and eloquently put document by TJF it is apparent, many have suspected this all along, that Lowe, Shand et Al on the board at Firhill had absolutely no intention of letting fans near the club.

We are only there to part with our hard earned cash and shut up and do as they tell us. 

Of course  I have no evidence of and would never accuse of any impropriety going on, but you do question the motives of the present board as to why they have been utmostly belligerent in all of this..

What have they to gain from holding onto a ,quite frankly, impoverished football club. Aside being on a power trip.

I fear that with mounting fan discontent,  financial pressures on individual incomes increasing, and a long road ahead before we see the sunny uplands, that tge club will fall into severe financial difficulties and be faced with a Save the Jags fund 2.

I despair for the future of the club I have loved since 1969. I may be an old curmudgeon, but I will love Thistle until the day either one of us dies.

May I take this opportunity to praise the efforts of all TJF board for their professionalism, hard work, endurance, pragmatism and fortitude in dealing with such a steadfastly stubborn and arrogant stance from the Partick Thistle board.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

I sure there were Shands on the board years ago,if this is correct is this Peter Shands part if the same family or am I mistaken

Peter Shand was chairman when he brought John Lambie to Thistle in his first spell. And I am sure the family owned the Ashfield dog track.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2