The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

I might be shooting in the dark but does any potential owner of the shares have to pass a fit and proper test by the SPFL? I don't doubt that the Trust would pass the test (Jacquie has friends in high places) but surely objections from a wide fan base would at least get a decent amount of publicity and force the SPFL to review the track  record of the Trust? (Criteria for membership, lack of elections,  unaccountably etc.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

By trying to be fully transparent with what we’ve done, shown our vision and engaged with fans at events, matches, supporters buses and on line all we can do is ask them to give it consideration. 
We are seeing an incredible uptake on membership both since we came on board and in last 36 hours. For this we are thankful and humbled 

Don’t you think though that not having your EGM until 1st Sep is too late. If the new vehicle for the shares is being revealed on 19th Aug ? 

Allowing members to have a good think about the announcement, examining facts about the choice, and forming opinions about what should happen next are important, and therefore the timing seems to me to be spot on.

Edited by eljaggo

8 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Don’t you think though that not having your EGM until 1st Sep is too late. If the new vehicle for the shares is being revealed on 19th Aug ? 

There are statutory timescales set out for notice periods. Curtailing that would probably run counter to the whole "good governance" piece that the Foundation appears to want to adhere to.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

We specifically held off on the holding of the EGM because we wanted to provide Three Black Cats with the opportunity to provide feedback on the draft Articles of Association. We gave them a generous window within which to comment, after they said there were "practical challenges" to third party rights that they would want to consider before agreeing to.

They offered no further substantive comment.

It is also important that our members have the proper notice to digest, make sense of and can properly respond to the documents. As Supporters Direct and others have always pointed out, the best examples of members organisations are ones that are properly transparent and engaged with their members.

We are content to rest on demonstrating those values in practice with regard to our governance.

• Like 2

It’s taken over 2 years for 3BC to get to this point. They are not exactly decisive. 

Early Sept is early enough for me. The smoke & mirrors that 3BC delight in using might just have cleared sufficiently for us to have something real to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I wondered whether there was a statutory time from announcing the EGM to holding it.  I just feel it may be too late for any action.

The vehicle ( sic ) for the shares transfer is only being announced on the 17th. Presumably any transfer would take some time thereafter to legally occur, so time a plenty. That's a guess and maybe I'm off the mark. I do find it amazing that no one knows the people involved.....someone must be in the know....

1 hour ago, sandy said:

I don’t know any of the unelected PTFC Trust Fans Directors. Maybe someone else does? They don’t seem to communicate much. 

They could well be the shares vehicle for 3BC and by default the voice for established ST holders.

Can’t be the voice of the existing season ticket holders who qualify if they don’t communicate with them. They could though be the vehicle.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It might be useful to know the total number of 'established ST holders' & how many of these are TJF members. Is this remotely possible?

You would need to be able to cross-reference two lists, each of which is held by different GDPR controllers. 

When people sign-up as a Foundation member, we ask them if they are a season ticket holder, but we have no way of checking that and it will (at best) be accurate at the point the information is collected.

For what it's worth, though, about 60% of our members identify as season-ticket holders. Many of those will have disclosed that last season, but others will have done so this season. This would obviously undercount those who weren't but now are, and vice versa.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It might be useful to know the total number of 'established ST holders' & how many of these are TJF members. Is this remotely possible?

The more pertinent question would be season ticket holders that qualify for The PTFC trust (2 years continuous prior to this season’s) who are also Foundation members 

22 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The more pertinent question would be season ticket holders that qualify for The PTFC trust (2 years continuous prior to this season’s) who are also Foundation members 

I took 'established' to mean exactly that

44 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

You would need to be able to cross-reference two lists, each of which is held by different GDPR controllers. 

When people sign-up as a Foundation member, we ask them if they are a season ticket holder, but we have no way of checking that and it will (at best) be accurate at the point the information is collected.

For what it's worth, though, about 60% of our members identify as season-ticket holders. Many of those will have disclosed that last season, but others will have done so this season. This would obviously undercount those who weren't but now are, and vice versa.

When I signed up a few days ago, the form would not let me say that I was not a season ticket holder.  Might be worth fixing that.

45 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

When I signed up a few days ago, the form would not let me say that I was not a season ticket holder.  Might be worth fixing that.

I’m looking at it now and there’s a drop down menu to answer Yes or No. Others who’ve joined in the last day or so include those who answered no… if this info is incorrect for you drop us an email ([email protected])

Edited by Woodstock Jag

A reminder of the current Thistle board including Andrew Byron, Alan Caldwell and John Penman from the fans trust

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/board/

and the trust board

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/ptfc-trust/

and Jaqui Low business

https://www.indigopr.com/

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo

The prevailing view on here is that the recipients of the shares will be the PTFC Trust and that, it's fair to say, doesn't look like being a very popular decision if it comes to pass.  Curious to know what the reaction might be if, say,  a group of Jags-supporting business people had got together and put themselves forward and been chosen - perhaps with the intention of putting money into the club.  Could Woodstock Jag offer a view as to whether Colin Weir's vision of a fan-owned club would be satisfied under these circumstances?  Is there a definition of "fan ownership"?

A purely hypothetical question. I have no inside knowledge as to who the chosen recipients are.

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

The prevailing view on here is that the recipients of the shares will be the PTFC Trust and that, it's fair to say, doesn't look like being a very popular decision if it comes to pass.  Curious to know what the reaction might be if, say,  a group of Jags-supporting business people had got together and put themselves forward and been chosen - perhaps with the intention of putting money into the club.  Could Woodstock Jag offer a view as to whether Colin Weir's vision of a fan-owned club would be satisfied under these circumstances?  Is there a definition of "fan ownership"?

A purely hypothetical question. I have no inside knowledge as to who the chosen recipients are.

It’s pretty hypothetical as we don’t know who or how yet.

Is it a small group of Thistle fans that would have control on their own, or a small group of fans who would engage and bring onboard the fan base (including TJF) and have their views listened to and be accountable to?

Ive no idea what’s being proposed but of course TJF is open for discussion and would enter (if consulted) without prejudice or preconceptions. 
Is it fan ownership (Motherwell model) or owned by fans (Like when Beattie was in charge). 

52 minutes ago, Wiltshire Jag said:
3BC - anyone any idea why Low resigned from the 3BC board on 27 April 2020, and then was reappointed 29 April 2020?  Seems fishy. This is on the Companies House records.

In fairness, and in the interest of quashing conspiracy theories, this was widely reported at the time as an administrative oversight.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18420491.jacqui-lows-resignation-three-black-cats-due-technical-error/