The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s pretty hypothetical as we don’t know who or how yet.

Is it a small group of Thistle fans that would have control on their own, or a small group of fans who would engage and bring onboard the fan base (including TJF) and have their views listened to and be accountable to?

Ive no idea what’s being proposed but of course TJF is open for discussion and would enter (if consulted) without prejudice or preconceptions. 
Is it fan ownership (Motherwell model) or owned by fans (Like when Beattie was in charge). 

Talking hypothetical then lets say lightening strikes twice and I win euro millions tonight and offered 3BC’s a full buy out even over the top of valuations etc would I be declined by them do you think?  I’m a fan so would be fan ownership technically.  I only forward this theory as I have a feeling this may be the road they are going down ie a yet unknown ‘fan(s) taking the reins and Jags trust could just be our assumption as preferred bidder.

ps i am now obliged to buy a euro millions ticket tonight.

24 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Talking hypothetical then lets say lightening strikes twice and I win euro millions tonight and offered 3BC’s a full buy out even over the top of valuations etc would I be declined by them do you think?  I’m a fan so would be fan ownership technically.  I only forward this theory as I have a feeling this may be the road they are going down ie a yet unknown ‘fan(s) taking the reins and Jags trust could just be our assumption as preferred bidder.

Can you ask me one on quantum physics as I may have a better guess 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, elevenone said:

Aw nuts, I’ve just missed the cut-off time to buy a ticket tonight. 

I shall treat the last 2 post with the contempt they deserve (joking guys).

I have seen in a couple of other threads people saying it will be Friday when we hear about the preferred recipient of the shares but from the announcement it stated it would be prior to the ICT game so I would hope we hear either on Monday or Tuesday. Given TBC stated last season they did not want this issue to distract from the football it would seem strange to announce it on the day of a televised game which now has a little more pressure on it.

21 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I shall treat the last 2 post with the contempt they deserve (joking guys).

I have seen in a couple of other threads people saying it will be Friday when we hear about the preferred recipient of the shares but from the announcement it stated it would be prior to the ICT game so I would hope we hear either on Monday or Tuesday. Given TBC stated last season they did not want this issue to distract from the football it would seem strange to announce it on the day of a televised game which now has a little more pressure on it.

Unless it's whispered at half-time.

6 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Well 55% of the shares in the club is a step up from a signed ball as mystery prize in the 50/50 draw!

I think you are onto something there FT. That IS the 3BC strategy to find a home for the shares.

One lucky fan will win all the shares provided they can set-up a democratic fans organisation by re-inventing the TJF wheel. The draw will be fixed to ensure it’s a ‘member’ of the PTFC Trust who wins, thus securing their presence in the Boardroom ad infinitum. 

Get the popcorn in, it’s going to be a fun week 

Edited by sandy
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

I think you are onto something there FT. That IS the 3BC strategy to find a home for the shares.

One lucky fan will win all the shares provided they can set-up a democratic fans organisation by re-inventing the TJF wheel. The draw will be fixed to ensure it’s a ‘member’ of the PTFC Trust who wins, thus securing their presence in the Boardroom ad infinitum. 

Get the popcorn in, it’s going to be a fun week 

Well they will be on to plums if they buy their ticket from Ian Bateman!

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Worth a read this morning as we eagerly anticipate the unveiling of the "fan-centric" preferred recipient some point this week.

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/why-was-tjfs-proposal-rejected/

Very clear statement, thanks WJ. 

It’s obvious 3BC are playing silly bu*gers. Which is I suppose their right to do, except they are gambling with the future of our Club.

I am still appalled at how the professional approach of TJF has been deemed not up to requirements. The reasons for rejection don’t stack up. It’s obvious that 3BC had another solution in mind all along.

I am angry and sad. Angry it has come to this, sad to see our Club descend into farce. What on earth would Colin Weir have made of this?

• Like 1

Mrs fifexile has a very special birthday on Thursday this week (she turns 60:secret:).  A membership to TJF seemed a very good choice as a birthday present. Delighted that her membership number is 865! 

Great to see the numbers still climbing. Wonder when it will break 1000?

Edited by fifexile
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Mrs fifexile has a very special birthday on Thursday this week (she turns 60:secret:).  A membership to TJF seemed a very good choice as a birthday present. Delighted that her membership number is 865! 

Great to see the numbers still climbing. Wonder when it will break 1000?

In the interests of full transparency, as most folk will have worked out, the membership numbers are slightly higher than the actual number of members. This is because of lapsed members, how rejoiners rejoin and how some with payment method issues resolve them.

That said, we now have more than 740 members. Well over 100 joining this past week alone.

25 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

In the interests of full transparency, as most folk will have worked out, the membership numbers are slightly higher than the actual number of members. This is because of lapsed members, how rejoiners rejoin and how some with payment method issues resolve them.

That said, we now have more than 740 members. Well over 100 joining this past week alone.

Thanks for the explanation WS.