The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

9 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Oh Gerry, oh Gerry.

Thats me done for this season, no more games. If you lock your elected fans organisation out, then hell mend you. 

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

They've spoken!

The Finance Director, The Creative Consultant, The Optometrist, The Chartered Surveyor, The Contract Furnisher. 

And as the elders of our time choose to remain blind, let us rejoice and let us sing, and dance and ring in the new.

Hail Atlantis!

Very good.

I'm not feeling Mellow Red & Yellow this evening.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I assume the club will also be removing the advertising board TJF have paid for, have the club indicated if they will return the fee paid for this or do they like TJF's money just not their members?

5 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I'm not quoting all of this for the sake of brevity but this is largely completely unfair on TJF individuals. This has always been 3BC ball and they were always going to dictate. It's not about hard nosed business people or otherwise. TJF have released a very reasonable document with a lot of very reasonable questions. The crucial questions which I would hope could be put to some of the individuals tomorrow evening are:

1. Who has the right to appoint/remove Trustees of the PTFC Trust?

Clearly there has been some movement in this regard from the previously publicly available information. Previously, there were 3 "Supporters Trustees" and 3 "Director Trustees". We now have (as far as we're aware) 5 trustees of whom none are directors of PTFC Ltd (assuming there are not any as yet unregistered appointments). This to me is the most crucial question and gets to the heart of who controls the Trust.

2. How were the current Trustees appointed to the PTFC Trust?

We know that none of the 5 Trustees who signed yesterday's (revised) statement were Trustees as at the last Deed of Variation which is available, dated in December 2019. For clarity, the six Trustees at that point were: Alan Caldwell, Andrew Byron, Gerry Britton (The Director Trustees), Euan Couperwhite, Robert Taylor and Gordon Shaw (The Supporters Trustees). When and how were the changes to the Trustees of the PTFC Trust made? What are the terms for resignation as a Trustee? Previously, there was a requirement for 3 months writing (or termination on ceasing to be a Director in the case of Director Trustees).

3. Are there any restrictions placed on the PTFC Trust's ability to exercise the voting rights attached to the 74.28% of shares that they hold (or will hold) by the Trust Deed or "Memorandum of Understanding?"

Ties in closely to question 1 and is probably at least as pertinent if not more so. On this one I'd be interested in a legal opinion on the ability to restrict ownership of shares in such a way. Not sure if we have any corporate lawyers available?

It may be that there are reasonable answers to these questions. Initial Trustees who were happy to not 'rock the boat' would be to an extent understandable if 3BC wanted to ensure that the model gets up and running without too much initial disruption. I'm trying to retain an open mind to the whole thing. However, without detailed answers to questions 1 and 3 above we cannot possibly be expected to blindly "Trust the Trust." I can envisage a situation where the Trust Deed now effectively sets up e.g. 2 Trustees to resign every 3 years. That effectively buys the Board 6 years before the Trust would not be controlled by the "Original" Trustees. That's about the most optimistic situation I can envisage along with no restrictions on voting rights.

Since this is the first time I've posted on this for a while I'd also like to put on record my thanks to everyone who was involved in TJF at any stage and I truly hope that their commitment to the club manages to endure through this whole episode.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I'm a TJF member so if I attend the game then TJF have a presence. So am I no longer allowed to attend? I'm not a season ticket holder so are the club happy to forfeit the money I would have paid for entry?

Mr Britton really needs to produce a statement on what he consent he is withdrawing and its going to require a seriously better PR person to write it than JLow. I had up until now hoped that this mess was only of JLow's making but with recent actions Britton and Rough have firmly tied their colours to her mast.

It would appear David Beattie was right about JLow. Would it be possible for TJF to contact Mr Beattie to see if he could assist?

10 minutes ago, laukat said:

I'm a TJF member so if I attend the game then TJF have a presence. So am I no longer allowed to attend? I'm not a season ticket holder so are the club happy to forfeit the money I would have paid for entry?

Mr Britton really needs to produce a statement on what he consent he is withdrawing and its going to require a seriously better PR person to write it than JLow. I had up until now hoped that this mess was only of JLow's making but with recent actions Britton and Rough have firmly tied their colours to her mast.

It would appear David Beattie was right about JLow. Would it be possible for TJF to contact Mr Beattie to see if he could assist?

Our board will (as always) be in the ground as fans, happy to chat to anyone. We’re not allowed though to set up a table banners or have an official presence on club property