The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

28 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I do not normally use such language, but (with reference to the official website report on the buses to Aberdeen) this spin about the goody 2 shoes PTFC Trust winning favours for the supporters is positively nauseating!

Maybe they'll claim some more beneficiaries through this!

4 hours ago, fifexile said:

George Square in 1919. The only time that the government sent tanks onto the streets of Britain to intimidate the population.  For those interested I recommend Maggie Craig's book 'When the Clyde Ran Red' a fascinating retelling of Red Clydeside 

An incident that has unfortunately became more myth than fact for many.

https://gordon-barclay.net/blog/tanks-on-the-streets-glasgow-and-the-tank-1918-1919/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

What will be the response of TJF, to the shares being gifted to the Thistle Trust. Tonight, we will hopefully begin to find out.

Please stop calling them “The Thistle Trust”. They are a perfectly respectable charity which helps young people in the arts and has no connection to Patrick Thistle. The proposed recipient of the shares is The PTFC Trust. A completely different organisation.

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I do not normally use such language, but (with reference to the official website report on the buses to Aberdeen) this spin about the goody 2 shoes PTFC Trust winning favours for the supporters is positively nauseating!

Tomorrow the PTFC Trust are sending envoys to solve the Palestinian conflict. On Monday their attention turns to Ukraine. 

Let’s all be grateful for the famous five, I know Enid Blyton was. 

Interesting EGM last night, good to hear from St Mirren & Hearts reps on how fan ownership can work. The PTFC Trust ‘solution’ is miles away from best practice. 

But the real test for TJF is what we do next. As I understand it, they will be discussing that at their next Board meeting. We should use the opportunity now to give feedback. There is a window of opportunity before the Weir shares are transferred to PTFC Trust; after which, any action becomes much harder. 

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sandy said:

Tomorrow the PTFC Trust are sending envoys to solve the Palestinian conflict. On Monday their attention turns to Ukraine. 

Let’s all be grateful for the famous five, I know Enid Blyton was. 

Generally in agreement with your post, but think that you are seriously under-selling the abilities of the PTFC Trustees by limiting them to such trivial and straightforward tasks. Remember that these are the guys with the insight to exactly interpret the unrevealed intentions of the late Colin Weir when so may others had laboured long and hard, but failed in the quest.

I would suggest that first on their agenda should be the energy and climate crises and after a brief water break they can go on to world hunger.

Just think how much more the Famous Five could achieve if Timmy the Dog was on board with them as well. However, I have had a brief exchange over dogsnet and he is not convinced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Yes, I do know who Mhairi Black is. She’s outspoken, says what she thinks, speaks ‘truth’ to power eg maiden speech in the House of Commons (which I saw) and seems genuine as opposed to a lot of MPs that simply toe the party line, avoiding answering questions by changing the subject etc Regardless of her political affiliation, we should welcome that in ANY politician.

But…hers is an opinion, along with all the other opinions of Thistle supporters. It’s nice to see she shares our opinion, if we agree with her, but she’s got no influence or power over the people at Thistle who’ve made the decision to award the Trust the shareholding.

It would be great if she joined a protest, as some MPs do on picket lines (sometimes!) but, apart from giving her view as an MP and well-known ‘media celebrity’ she can do no more. 

We (supporters incl. Mhairi) , TJF, any other like-minded groups/people need now, as a matter of urgency surely, to be organising to oppose the PTFC in visible/audible/ practical and effective ways. There’s been so much discussion and talking about it, with just about everyone (who wants to..incl. me) giving their views. There are those who don’t agree/ don’t care about PTFC being fan-owned. Some are on this site and have made that clear enough by either saying so or not supporting that notion in any comments or ‘likes’. But, surely the time has come for ALL to come together,  and DO SOMETHING. Mhair Black is not going to lead that, nor should she. She can be a good public advocate of it. The questions now are a) What is our response to be b) Who if anyone, will lead it?

Agree. I'm really not expecting M/s Black to table a private members bill to outlaw the PTFC Trust. Besides it would never get thru a 2nd reading in the House of Lords, who are notoriously against fan ownership. I am tho' fully expecting Mhairi to mention our plight along the lines "Will the House join me in wishing well of the The Jags Foundation and applaud the fine quality of the McParland & Doolan Pins?".

:)

29 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree. I'm really not expecting M/s Black to table a private members bill to outlaw the PTFC Trust. Besides it would never get thru a 2nd reading in the House of Lords, who are notoriously against fan ownership. I am tho' fully expecting Mhairi to mention our plight along the lines "Will the House join me in wishing well of the The Jags Foundation and applaud the fine quality of the McParland & Doolan Pins?".

Her motion will have an appendix to the effect that she wants a Chic Charnley pin next or she’ll jump ship to the Tories. 

On 8/31/2022 at 9:59 AM, Jaggydave said:

The PTFC Trust response is laughable.

'on behalf of around 300 of their members who they also believe to be beneficiaries of the PTFC Trust' - are they not believing the season ticket holders are season ticket holders? 

Disappointed that 'one fan organisation should choose to send a lawyers letter to another'. One fan organisation that has been open, transparent, held elections, have fans paying to be members compared to another that has been silent for years, have beneficiaries by default, no democratic way of electing Trustees and no response to the real questions....

Surprised - not really.

Unless Im missing something - I dont see a reference to the Minutes requested and when they will be published ? 

It states nothing else of consequence was discussed - which is fine - however the request was for the actual minutes - not an interpretation of them  

20 hours ago, fifexile said:

George Square in 1919. The only time that the government sent tanks onto the streets of Britain to intimidate the population.  For those interested I recommend Maggie Craig's book 'When the Clyde Ran Red' a fascinating retelling of Red Clydeside 

Actually - its an urban myth - repeated for so long that it has become fact - there were never at any point Tanks in George Square during the "Riot" - they arrived 4 days later - were garrisoned in Market Street Yard and never left there - the pictures used of Tanks on the Streets were from Fundraisers and from other Cities - it was one of the earliest records of "Fake News " and was part of the Romantic Myth of the red Clydesiders - who were Died in the Wool Communists        

• Like 1

5 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

To those who it may concern: (See above if you’re bewildered why I am mentioning this)

The Jags Foundation is a supporters’ group connected to PTFC

(The) Jags Foundation is a charity based in Croydon, London.

’Apple’ is a company created by The Beatles., connected with music.

’Apple’ is a different company that produces phones, tablets, laptops etc.

’The Thistle Trust’  (formal name The PTFC Trust) is an organisation connected to a football club.

‘The Thistle Trust’ is a charity (apparently!) in London.

MOST people understand the differences between ALL these because these names are USUALLY used in DIFFERENT CONTEXTS. That’s  how English works.

There are after all, words that spell and sound  the same, but have different meaning:

school-where children are taught   

school-a group of whales

But, be CAREFUL how you use these kinds of words…..Use them carefully …IN CONTEXT

(and remember: there may be others just waiting to jump on you…IF you get it wrong!)

I had radioactive sugar pumped into my vein this morning. I guess that makes me the hot yin around here :lol:

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Unless Im missing something - I dont see a reference to the Minutes requested and when they will be published ? 

It states nothing else of consequence was discussed - which is fine - however the request was for the actual minutes - not an interpretation of them  

My impression was that they didn't bother to take minutes.  They don't implicitly state that though, so it does kind of leave you guessing.  

14 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

My impression was that they didn't bother to take minutes.  They don't implicitly state that though, so it does kind of leave you guessing.  

Secret meetings with 3BC are probably not minuted for that very reason. If they had been, it would have confirmed who attended to help influence the successful outcome for the PTFC Trust.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

"Died in the Wool Communists"  Were they left wing shepherds, or perhaps a Marxist knitting circle?

Alpacas who read The Guardian 

“We’re Alpacas from the Andes, we’ve got hooves instead of Handies…”

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Secret meetings with 3BC are probably not minuted for that very reason. If they had been, it would have confirmed who attended to help influence the successful outcome for the PTFC Trust.

I believe that a trustee confirmed at one of the Aitken Suite one to ones that there were minutes, but that they would not be disclosed because they were "confidential".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice video released today by TJF.  Yes, it's a bit of a fluff piece, but despite everything that's going on, the football club is supposed to be a source of joy and entertainment.

It's good to take a moment to separate the disheartening state of affairs from the reason why we're all here.  So thanks for putting a smile on my face today. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Amusingly, if Mhairi Black is so minded to introduce such a private member's bill, I am duty bound (in my day job) to recuse myself from assisting her or her colleagues with it, on account of a conflict of interest.

• Haha 3