The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

25 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

why are we letting the same poster to constantly derail and dominate multiple threads?

Just because he isn’t putting forward the party line, doesn’t mean he should be censored. As has been pointed out multiple times this is a forum. If you don’t want to read what he writes, just scroll past

• Like 1

• Administrators

Just on a wee housekeeping note can I request, as difficult as it is sometimes to keep up, that we use the correct terminology when referencing the various fans' organisations/trusts. 

Namely (in alphabetical order lest there is thought to be bias): 

Partick Thistle Trust (PTFC Trust)

The Jags Foundation (TJF)

The Jags Trust (JT)

Thanks

1 hour ago, admin said:

Just on a wee housekeeping note can I request, as difficult as it is sometimes to keep up, that we use the correct terminology when referencing the various fans' organisations/trusts. 

Namely (in alphabetical order lest there is thought to be bias): 

Partick Thistle Trust (PTFC Trust)

The Jags Foundation (TJF)

The Jags Trust (JT)

Thanks

I would echo this very strongly!

Just wanted to post to say thank you to TJF for all their hard work and constant communication. Would love to be able to put the same into it myself, but I've neither the time nor the will if truth be told. I'll continue to back as a member and hope that all plays out in a favourable result.

Keep flying the flag for the rest of us! 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How many words determines if a post is long. Maybe we need to restrict the number of characters allowed if it upsets people so much.

Nobody seems particularly upset around here.

Everyone is entitled to post. Everyone is entitled to ignore who they wish. I think given the way the discussion has gone over the last few pages, suggesting the use of the ignore function will hopefully improve the debate on here such as it is.

Denis' views on TJF are well documented. He clearly has issues regarding their approach. He is, in my opinion, repeatedly misrepresenting the comments of one of the Board of TJF. I don't believe that his posts over the last few pages have added anything new, they are just rehashing the same points and the same debates with people. This is a hugely important topic to the future of the club and my concern is that the more the discussion here gets bogged down the more risk that this thread slowly peters out. I don't think TJF is immune from criticism however repeating the same criticism desipte numerous responses from various Directors of TJF is getting us nowhere.

There is a separate thread regarding action against the Board where people who are of the opinion that that is the correct course of action can discuss options in that regard. Meantime as a member of TJF I do not believe that that is the correct approach for TJF at this stage.  Again various members of the Board have explained that this is not the current view of the board of TJF (including at the EGM which WJ has helpfully posted). I'm sure if they received representations from a majority of their members that this was the approach they wished them to take, they would adapt accordingly, they have shown considerable flexibility to date.

This thread can remain useful if it remains a forum for TJF Directors to be available to discuss and answer points openly and honestly, which they have done admirably well thus far. At times I wouldn't blame them for walking away and think that people need to start agreeing to disagree on certain poins rather than pushing them incessantly if we want this to remain a useful discussion.

Edit: I should add that I think Denis has added a lot to the forum and his contributions on many of the other threads have been interesting and informative.

Edited by Hopeless Unbeliever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stuart_adam said:

Just wanted to post to say thank you to TJF for all their hard work and constant communication. Would love to be able to put the same into it myself, but I've neither the time nor the will if truth be told. I'll continue to back as a member and hope that all plays out in a favourable result.

Keep flying the flag for the rest of us! 

Thank you 

The Jags Foundation are sponsoring the PTWFC team's game against Motherwell on Sunday at Petershill Park.

I'd strongly urge those who are able to make at along and to cheer on the home side.

This is part of The Jags Foundation's long-term commitment to the wider Thistle community. We want to help grow the Women's team's supporter base so that the next generation of women and girls want to chase glory in the red and yellow jerseys.

We'll also have the mascot for the game, wee Sophia, who is the granddaughter of two of our members! Fingers crossed for a great day for her and the first three points of the season for Brian Graham's side!