The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

8 minutes ago, fifexile said:

I'd like to hear him and Low questioned by Spiers which is why it will never happen unless they can say 'no comment it's commercially sensitive' at every turn.

I appreciate Spiers trying but one of the things that the death of Rangers flagged up was how unaware sports journalists are of club financial affairs, how out their depth they were on asking the right questions and how easily they were palmed off with answers from club officials.

It wasn't until people like Alex Thomson from channel 4 and other non-Scottish football journalists started analysing and asking questions that the true state of affairs came to the surface.

I would love to see Britton and Low interviewed by a financial journalist on why they couldn't allow TJF to be party to what sounds like relatively standard financial practice. I suspect a good financial journalist would not get palmed off with 'no comment it's commercially sensitive'

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think their statement was slightly different from the due diligence TJF was going to carry out. Didn’t it say they saw the draft audited accounts and Management Accounts ? As you say how in depth their review was is anybody’s guess really. It is strange they were granted access and TJF were denied it. 

These were exactly what we asked for and were denied 

6 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I think their statement was slightly different from the due diligence TJF was going to carry out. Didn’t it say they saw the draft audited accounts and Management Accounts ? As you say how in depth their review was is anybody’s guess really. It is strange they were granted access and TJF were denied it. 

No. Here is what the PTFC Trust statement says.

image.thumb.png.da081b197bd38f53fe1b71c31cf01c49.png

The most recent management accounts and a cashflow statement for the current season were exactly what we asked for.

Peter Shand told us, in June, in no uncertain terms, that we would not get this under any circumstances.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What was the gist of the discussion ?

I think for most of us who know the ins and outs of the story it was a recap, but the Jags Foundation guys came across well and importantly it was refreshing to have a relative outsider (Spiers) giving an unbiased view on the ridiculousness of it all. He was very clear that the whole transfer stinks.

If I had a criticism it would be that Spiers could perhaps have sketched out the full timeline a bit better to make the narrative easier to follow for newcomers. Hard to do though, when it’s such a murky tale.

And of course having representation from PTFC Trust or the club board would have been ideal but they didn’t respond. He wants to get their view too and I’ll certainly be tuning in to that if he manages to track them down, though I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

34 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I think for most of us who know the ins and outs of the story it was a recap, but the Jags Foundation guys came across well and importantly it was refreshing to have a relative outsider (Spiers) giving an unbiased view on the ridiculousness of it all. He was very clear that the whole transfer stinks.

If I had a criticism it would be that Spiers could perhaps have sketched out the full timeline a bit better to make the narrative easier to follow for newcomers. Hard to do though, when it’s such a murky tale.

And of course having representation from PTFC Trust or the club board would have been ideal but they didn’t respond. He wants to get their view too and I’ll certainly be tuning in to that if he manages to track them down, though I don’t hold out a lot of hope.

Thanks. Shame it was on such a niche platform rather than mainstream media. Lets hope that they start to catch up, especially if they start to think there is a story in it.

1 hour ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Didn't hear the podcast but to be fair to Spiers he asked the other day on Twitter (Facebook?) for info re this matter. So he probably wasn't in a position to formulate an accurate timeline as such. Hopefully he now has that info and his interest creates some momentum within the media.