The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

8 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/sign-up/

Under 16s can't sign up as full members but can be Friends of the Foundation. There is a £1 per month category for the 1st year as well.

For what it’s worth we are working on this. There are complications under company law for U16s to be full voting members but we want to find a way to overcome that as younger fans really are going to be the lifeblood of the Club going forward.

Latest TJF email indicates that they are working constructively with the PTFC Trust and Jags Trust to come up with a more appropriate structure for fan ownership of the Club. Reading between the lines, it sounds as though progress is being made. The email says that they hope to provide details by mid-February.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 11:03 PM, partickthedog said:

Not sure how to link this, so here is the report:

Finally, our Fan of the Year for 2022 is Partick Thistle FC fan Sandy Fyfe. Sandy is the chair of the Jags Foundation and has played a key part in the journey of the club towards Community Ownership. Through difficult and turbulent times Sandy led the Jags Foundation in a campaign that will see genuine fan ownership realised and has united many stakeholders in the club in working together for a shared future. His role has been recognised by not just Partick Thistle fans but also by fans of other clubs as he stood firm to ensure that fans were properly considered. As one contributor said, “He deserves the Award as he played a blinder for the fans”.

Thanks @partickthedog

Sandy Fyfe and the whole of the TJF Board deserve our thanks for building fan membership and not chucking in the towel when the shares went elsewhere. 

The low point from me was when Gerry Britton tried to ban TJF from Firhill. But they kept going and eventually the pressure led to the Club Board deserting the ship.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

TJF response to the Club update on finances at @PartickThistle.

- More transparency on finances is welcome
- The Club clearly was not handed over on a "sustainable break-even basis"
- Football Clubs need a "margin of safety" on cashflow 

Read link below

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/statement-concerning-the-clubs-finances/

Edited by Norgethistle

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I said when I signed up that I would double my monthly donation once Ian McCall had gone. As this has now happened, I was looking to see how I could do this, but can't see any option. Can someone please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks.

We sent an email around about 3 weeks ago which explained how you can do this, but basically it depends on what you have at the moment.

If you’re a £1 or £5 member and you want to up to £10, the best thing to do is email me ([email protected]) as I can then change your membership class to reflect your contributions.

If you want to make a supplementary recurring donation (whether one off or recurring) separately to that, it’s best to use the donation link on the website (www.thejagsfoundation.co.uk/donate)

If you already have a supplementary recurring donation, but want to change that amount, please contact us. That way we can make sure the new amount comes out in one payment rather than several different ones (that means lower transaction costs for us and easier for you to track!).

And if you have any other questions, contact us!

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

We sent an email around about 3 weeks ago which explained how you can do this, but basically it depends on what you have at the moment.

If you’re a £1 or £5 member and you want to up to £10, the best thing to do is email me ([email protected]) as I can then change your membership class to reflect your contributions.

If you want to make a supplementary recurring donation (whether one off or recurring) separately to that, it’s best to use the donation link on the website (www.thejagsfoundation.co.uk/donate)

If you already have a supplementary recurring donation, but want to change that amount, please contact us. That way we can make sure the new amount comes out in one payment rather than several different ones (that means lower transaction costs for us and easier for you to track!).

And if you have any other questions, contact us!

Thanks. A supplementary recurring donation is what I need.

I do recall that email, but at the time I didn't know I was going to need it so soon !

• Like 1

The Future of Fan Ownership At Partick Thistle - A Roadmap

We are absolutely delighted today to be able to announce that agreement has been reached to a fan ownership model, between the PTFC Trust, The Jags Foundation and The Jags Trust.

You can read the joint statement about what has been proposed, and the expected next steps at the link below ⤵️
https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/the-future-of-fan-ownership-at-partick-thistle-a-roadmap/

My own take on this

Under this model, the PTFC Trust will become a passive ownership vehicle, under the custodianship of two corporate trustees: The Jags Foundation and The Jags Trust, which will provide the democratic vehicles for fan engagement and influence.

The existing trustees will continue in a temporary capacity, but step aside when the model has bedded in and they are content it is operating as intended and in the interests of the Football Club.

As part of this new corporate trustee arrangement, TJF and TJT members, as well as all season ticket-holders, will become beneficiaries of the PTFC Trust. This will give each group of fans important rights on major decisions about the Club (notably including on any future proposal to sell the stadium).

A beneficiaries vote will also be used in the (hopefully extremely rare) event that the two corporate trustees are unable to agree on a major decision in exercising the PTFC Trust's rights as the majority shareholder. However we would expect more of the fan voting and decision input to be done through TJF and TJT by way of “a special membership class” so as to ensure season ticket holders have a voice.

The three groups have also published an indicative timeline, which sets out when we hope key stages of the implementation to take place. For TJF's part, the implementation of this new model will involve further changes to our Articles of Association.

Therefore there will be the opportunity for our members to vote on the necessary steps for this proposal to proceed. Legal advice needs to be sought and coordinated so that all three bodies are aligned and implementing the same thing. We don’t anticipate any problems here but when you have a company, a mutual, and a trust, it’s important to make sure that their corporate governance is properly aligned.

Changes will need to be made to TJF's Articles of Association, and to The Jags Trust's constitution, to facilitate fan votes and data sharing with the Club (so that season ticket holders get to participate). This has therefore been timed for season-ticket renewal. That provides a nice clear point for people to opt to share their details with direct consent (big tick for GDPR!)

The thing that hasn't been fully worked-out yet is a review of the relationship between the majority shareholder and the Football Club board itself. You will see on the timeline, below, a reference to a review of the Memorandum of Understanding. This will provide the opportunity to improve that side of the ownership model, in anticipation of the corporate trustees being appointed.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The Future of Fan Ownership At Partick Thistle - A Roadmap

We are absolutely delighted today to be able to announce that agreement has been reached to a fan ownership model, between the PTFC Trust, The Jags Foundation and The Jags Trust.

You can read the joint statement about what has been proposed, and the expected next steps at the link below ⤵️
https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/the-future-of-fan-ownership-at-partick-thistle-a-roadmap/

My own take on this

Under this model, the PTFC Trust will become a passive ownership vehicle, under the custodianship of two corporate trustees: The Jags Foundation and The Jags Trust, which will provide the democratic vehicles for fan engagement and influence.

The existing trustees will continue in a temporary capacity, but step aside when the model has bedded in and they are content it is operating as intended and in the interests of the Football Club.

As part of this new corporate trustee arrangement, TJF and TJT members, as well as all season ticket-holders, will become beneficiaries of the PTFC Trust. This will give each group of fans important rights on major decisions about the Club (notably including on any future proposal to sell the stadium).

A beneficiaries vote will also be used in the (hopefully extremely rare) event that the two corporate trustees are unable to agree on a major decision in exercising the PTFC Trust's rights as the majority shareholder. However we would expect more of the fan voting and decision input to be done through TJF and TJT by way of “a special membership class” so as to ensure season ticket holders have a voice.

The three groups have also published an indicative timeline, which sets out when we hope key stages of the implementation to take place. For TJF's part, the implementation of this new model will involve further changes to our Articles of Association.

Therefore there will be the opportunity for our members to vote on the necessary steps for this proposal to proceed. Legal advice needs to be sought and coordinated so that all three bodies are aligned and implementing the same thing. We don’t anticipate any problems here but when you have a company, a mutual, and a trust, it’s important to make sure that their corporate governance is properly aligned.

Changes will need to be made to TJF's Articles of Association, and to The Jags Trust's constitution, to facilitate fan votes and data sharing with the Club (so that season ticket holders get to participate). This has therefore been timed for season-ticket renewal. That provides a nice clear point for people to opt to share their details with direct consent (big tick for GDPR!)

The thing that hasn't been fully worked-out yet is a review of the relationship between the majority shareholder and the Football Club board itself. You will see on the timeline, below, a reference to a review of the Memorandum of Understanding. This will provide the opportunity to improve that side of the ownership model, in anticipation of the corporate trustees being appointed.

How to make the simple complicated ….only we could turn fan ownership into a bureaucratic bonanza….but we are where we are…..

who are the jags trust? Who do they represent? How do you become a member ? …..I admit they gave passed me by 

Agreement seems to me like a (complicated) step in the right direction, showing welcome improvements in fan control.  If I am reading the document correctly, I am a bit alarmed though at the apparent continued ability of PTFC Trust to control progress as they see fit.  Maybe I misread it, or maybe there have been unwritten safeguards agreed between the parties.

Couldn't agree more!

"Passive ownership vehicle", "democratic vehicles", special membership class" "John Lambie Stand Fans" !!!!  

How will season ticket holders who are not members of the TJF or TJT (and perhaps withheld their permission for their details to be passed on the the Trust) become beneficiaries of the PTFC Trust?

Does the penultimate paragraph imply that anyone renewing or buying a season ticket for the first time will have their details shared by the club and the Trust and the Foundation by default?

2 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Does the penultimate paragraph imply that anyone renewing or buying a season ticket for the first time will have their details shared by the club and the Trust and the Foundation by default?

No. There will be an opt in option at season ticket renewal time.

14 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

ultimately law is slow, complicated and boring.  it takes time to get all the dots completed but by the summer Thistle will be a fan owned club with The Jags Trust and The Jags Foundation.  Hopefully 1 day there will be 1 fans body.

The final event in the timeline is that "at some future point" the existing trustees step away.  There is no finite time mentioned, and this process could drag out.

Personally, I'd be happier if there was a  periodic or (say) annual review, with an arbitration process available  in the event of disagreement between the parties.  Can this be considered?

• Like 1