The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

On 8/11/2022 at 6:18 AM, stolenscone said:

I've had a look at the Trust constitutional documents in the links posted by WJ.  I think it's important that people understand the basic function of the Trust.

It's not, and doesn't pretend to be, any kind of vehicle for supporter representation.  It's a vehicle that holds shares on Trust for a section of the support.

There are a minimum of 6 trustees. The Trust Deed allows the shares to be sold or transferred to an unconnected 3rd party. The only criteria is that doing so is in the best interests of the football club, and that it promotes the club's financial security.  But only those 6 trustees make that decision.  There is no requirement to consult with the supporters.

3 of the trustees are nominated directly by the club. The other 3 are subject to periodic election by that section of the support. Query whether that structure allows proper independence from the club board.

Those elections are supposed to be annual. The Trust was formed in 2015 - initially it called for 3yearly elections, but that was later changed to an annual requirement. So far as I am aware, only one election has ever taken place. 

This bears re-reading given today's news. 

23 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Yes, that’s what Alan Holloway said (think that’s his name) in his very good personal statement, which could be read in full on here,  but in the 22-page document it said that the PTFC board were shocked at the idea that even just two of their number might have to give up their places to two members of TJF.  St Mirren’s board have four fan group members. TJF said they were seeking, initially just two, which they thought was reasonable. This was rejected.  (These didn’t have to be members of the nine-person negotiating team-Alan said he think any of the nine wanted to do it-but other TJF members.) Or it could have been TJF appointees. I think that was the gist of it, but correct me if I’m wrong.

For the avoidance of doubt, Alan Holloway is me. I am a member of and very supportive of TJF, but am not on its Board. The personal statement was by my son Andrew Holloway,  who is on the TJF Board.

I realise now that I should have given him different initials! However, I am quite enjoying being given credit for things I have not actually done.

• Haha 2

I've been around Thistle for over 30 years and I've never heard of any of these unelected "trustees".

Does anyone on here know any of the PTFC Trust people named in their statement  today ?

The signatories are - Euan Couperwhite, Richard Beastall, Ali Campbell, Neil Drain, Fergus MacLennan, Randle Wilson.

17 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

I've been around Thistle for over 30 years and I've never heard of any of these unelected "trustees".

Does anyone on here know any of the PTFC Trust people named in their statement  today ?

The signatories are - Euan Couperwhite, Richard Beastall, Ali Campbell, Neil Drain, Fergus MacLennan, Randle Wilson.

EC seems to be very much in the dock today for his historical social media posts towards female fans. I have asked the 3BC Chair to investigate such allegations and report back on his suitability (or otherwise) to hold a key role within the PTFC Trust.

5 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Euan Couperwhite, Richard Beastall, Ali Campbell, Neil Drain, Fergus MacLennan, Randle Wilson.

some cracking names to be fair.

Does anyone have a clue who any of these goons are? Absolutely reeks of a big JL auld pals act stitch up. 

A complete bunch of stooges I can guarantee and to a man will have no concept of the ill feeling amongst the general Thistle following. 

Got a season ticket this year but will be the last money I put into the club. Back to the couch from August 2023.

8 minutes ago, sandy said:

EC seems to be very much in the dock today for his historical social media posts towards female fans. I have asked the 3BC Chair to investigate such allegations and report back on his suitability (or otherwise) to hold a key role within the PTFC Trust.

I think that we live in a society that is often very quick to judge others.  That said, I do personally find the comments in the screen grabs posted on the PTFC Facebook page to be distasteful, and, without a doubt, misogynistic.  It's not a great look and doesn't represent values that I would like to be associated with.  Perhaps one day we will evolve beyond such behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

I think that we live in a society that is often very quick to judge others.  That said, I do personally find the comments in the screen grabs posted on the PTFC Facebook page to be distasteful, and, without a doubt, misogynistic.  It's not a great look and doesn't represent values that I would like to be associated with.  Perhaps one day we will evolve beyond such behaviour. 

A quick transparent investigation by 3BC should establish the facts. 

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I think I will turn my attention to my local club Culter FC and of course my English club,Ipswich Town. 

Culter as in Culters Candy? 

Ipswich deserve better fortune. My English team Norwich are having a terrible start to life back in the Championship.

Edited by sandy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sandy said:

How could I forget? Jackie was a decent manager tho, set Archie & Shaggy up nicely for promotion and some years in the top flight. 

Indeed he was. It was a totally different approach and it was good to see. Unlike our present dinosaur of a manager. But at least he is suited with the present charlatans on the board. Anyway Sandy I am definitely out. Sick to the back teeth with all the shenanigans from this mob. A golden opportunity for the club passed up, because they don't cate about Partick Thistle FC, only their own labels and positions in football. 

And so called legends like Alan Rough are a part of it all.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

27 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

This club aren't worth caring about anymore. I'm out. Had enough!

GRE I totally understand your reaction but you LOVE being a jags' fan - as we all do - the club may be rotten to the core at the moment but it is still our TEAM so please don't go...

• Like 1

Not been engaging with anything ptfc for a long time but been reading over this for last few days. Just wanted to say youse have been doing amazing fighting the good fight , that the current powers that be seem to be wrong sorts , and I hope that youse manage to prevail. It is clear youse have the got massive legitmacy , organization and skills base so I guess that stands to reason why ptfc board in current guise would go with such a farcical decision ! Is it something that goes with the office at firhill regardless of who happens to be on the board ? Very strange...

Off to a good start with a negative article by the journalist who probably has most access to the club, Supporters Direct Scotland questioning whether this is even fan ownership and a large number of fans coming out against it.

1. The PTFC Trust has been "revitalised" - what does that actually mean?

2. How did the people involved get there with no election?

3. Are we to be the only "fan owned" club that the entity who has the shares does not feel the need to raise additional funds for the club?