The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

I have sent my e mail in to mr Britton. As follows;

Dear Mr Britton,

As from now that’s me officially done with this club until this shambles of “ fan ownership” is resolved and the current chairperson ( who has been an utter disaster since she arrived) has gone. The club is rudderless, zero leadership. The team is an embarrassment and has been for years. We have an ex defender as assistant and they can’t do basic defending. 
The fitness levels of the players isn’t up to it. Leaderless on the park. Leaderless off it. A soulless stadium that’s scruffy and in need of a fix up. And the chairperson says the club doesn’t need fixing. I go to 1 out of 2 home games with a mate and travel from the east coast. Both of us are done. We will be donating what we would normally spend at firhill to TJF ( although they don’t want fans to hurt the club financially)  The disconnect between the club and fans has never been greater. 
In a weak league ( where the standards get worse year on year) we are still awful. Passionless, soulless, utterly depressing. I’d rather walk round the local shopping centre with the missus than go to firhill. It’s that’s bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I wonder what PTFC Trust will be saying in 14 months time:

https://www.gmfc.net/a-message-from-the-board/

I'll give it a go:

"In light of our recent relegation to league 2 the club felt it had no option but to replace our manager. We would like to offer our thanks to Gary Caldwell for his efforts.

As we look forward to the new season with our new manager would like to ensure he has the funds available to return us to league 1.

To allow that we have sold Firhill for some beans and we have been reliably informed these beans are magic and that there is a golden goose at the top of the beanstalk that the previously mentioned beans will provide access to.

We did not feel it was necessary to ask the old lady who sold us the beans for proof that the beans were either magic or why she was so willing to give us the opportunity to own a golden goose for the small price we paid.

As fans we feel this will build a solid financial basis for the club and allow us to both fund a playing squad, 40000 seater stadium and training ground that will all be built on land the board has bought at a surprisingly cheap rate. The land is located on the moon to the west of the sea of tranquillity. We are satisfied that a Partick Thistle team playing in the west end is what all real jags fans want to see.

We wish our new manager all the best on his quest to return to league 1. We feel that as a jags legend and current chief exec that Gerry Britton will take us back to where we belong.  Indeed the manager has already secured the services of an experienced goalscorer and we look forward to seeing the return of Gerry Britton in the number 9 shirt.

Unfortunately due to the amount of work involved it has not been possible to find a new date for elections to the Board that were cancelled last year because of other stuff and excuses. We are sure we speak for all Jags fans when we say that we all understand why we couldn't be bothered doing this or putting up a pretence.

Until we come up with a more plausible reason for postponing elections we have appointed another Trustee who will be familiar to all. Please join us welcoming our dear leader, JLow, as lifetime Trustee chair.

Finally the club has became aware of fans singing inappropriate lyrics to songs. We would like to remind fans that the lyrics such as "We are Thistle supporters " is not in keeping with the beliefs of the Trust and would instead encourage fans to sing "We are beneficiaries of the Trust but only if we have a season ticket for 3 years, renounce involvement in TJF and any desire to elect Trustees". Doing small changes like this will encourage other fans such as the Trustees to finally attend games - maybe"

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Today I joined The Jags Foundation  - whilst I have been Lukewarm to the idea of " Fan Ownership" as a Model -  recent events & the publishing of the Accounts have convinced me  ( along with the Quality of those on TJF Board ) that we can make a go of it as a Fan Run Club 

I would encourage others to Nail there ( Red Yellow & Black) Colours to the Mast and join The Jags Foundation 

Jim Alexander ( aka Jordanhill Jag ) 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 12

I have to applaud the efforts of all of those taking the time and effort to contact the club with their concerns and views surrounding this issue.

I'd love to be wrong, but I believe this will fall on ears with fingers already planted firmly in them.

The phrase we need to keep hearing in our heads is They Don't Care.

The statements and reaction to the previous announcements amply demonstrate that. 

One of the reasons I turned round to both the fan ownership model in general and The Jags Foundation in particular is because They Do Care.  Demonstrably so.  Even more so than their professionalism, transparency, accountability and democracy that's something I want to be part of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's great to see TJF membership reach the 900 mark. :thumbsup2: Not great in anyway that the powers that be can even think they can ignore so large a chunk of the the Jags adult support. :thumbdown:

I think it is because, so far, there appears to have been no consequences to their coup d’etat. 
Except that every communication from the club or Trust results in increased membership of TJF.  Even I am considering joining.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think it is because, so far, there appears to have been no consequences to their coup d’etat. 
Except that every communication from the club or Trust results in increased membership of TJF.  Even I am considering joining.

Please do.  You will be VERY welcome. If you need private reassurance, PM me and I will gladly speak with you one to one.

Consequences are not something TJF can do alone. We need all of your help. 

We aren't giving up. We aren't going away. 

We told TBC that when they told us we weren't getting the shares. We told Jacqui Low it again when she later asked what our intentions were for TJF. We remain resolved to be true to those promises - as long as our members want us.

Sandy

• Like 2

Despite my reservations about fan ownership, I've decided to get off the fence. Just joined TJF. Over the last few months I've bought no merchandise for myself or my grandson. Started paying concession rate rather than full price (which I viewed as a donation). Stopped buying 50/50 tickets, and no longer indulge in a pie etc. In the absence of an agreed strategy I don't know whether this is the best action or not. I can't help feeling nothing will change until 1000 fans are stood in the car park refusing to enter.

• Like 8

Good piece here in The (London) Times though it's behind a paywall. If you don't often use their site you should be able to view it for free https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/73c0ee8e-6770-11ed-9ccc-9d160947f622?shareToken=f5b49f74dcdc8d8ced960f969b5d8cff

Asked about the foundation’s comments, the Thistle board issued a statement insisting: “The club played no part whatsoever in the decision not to gift the shares to The Jags Foundation; that was a decision made by Three Black Cats. The club board’s sole involvement in the process was to decide whether or not to approve the recipient for the majority shareholding — the trust — when presented to us. Claims to the contrary are misleading and wrong.”

A Thistle source insisted, furthermore, that Low recused herself from discussions about the handover and played “no part whatsoever” in the decision to choose the trust as recipients of the shareholding

So the board of Thistle (and Jacqui Low, its chairman) played no part in awarding the shares to the PTFC Trust. That was done by Jacqui Low, who is one of 2 directors of Three Black Cats. In fact, Jacqui Low, chairman of Thistle, actually recused herself from discussion at Thistle board meetings where Jacqui Low's decision was ratified by the board Jacqui Low chairs.

Disappointing that the article (and previous things I've read) doesn't challenge this blatant use smoke and mirrors.

Edited by MarciaBlaine

26 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Good piece here in The (London) Times though it's behind a paywall. If you don't often use their site you should be able to view it for free https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/73c0ee8e-6770-11ed-9ccc-9d160947f622?shareToken=f5b49f74dcdc8d8ced960f969b5d8cff

Asked about the foundation’s comments, the Thistle board issued a statement insisting: “The club played no part whatsoever in the decision not to gift the shares to The Jags Foundation; that was a decision made by Three Black Cats. The club board’s sole involvement in the process was to decide whether or not to approve the recipient for the majority shareholding — the trust — when presented to us. Claims to the contrary are misleading and wrong.”

A Thistle source insisted, furthermore, that Low recused herself from discussions about the handover and played “no part whatsoever” in the decision to choose the trust as recipients of the shareholding

So the board of Thistle and (Jacqui Low, its chairman) played no part in awarding the shares to the PTFC Trust. That was done by Jacqui Low, who is one of 2 directors of Three Black Cats. In fact, Jacqui Low, chairman of Thistle, actually recused herself from discussion at Thistle board meetings where Jacqui Low's decision was ratified by the board Jacqui Low chairs.

Disappointing that the article (any previous things I've read) doesn't challenge this blatant use smoke and mirrors.

So Peter shand the other director of 3BC decided to  give the club to the ptfc trust. J Lis the other director of 3BC and Chsir of the club had no opinion , was not involved indeed despite attending numerous meetings with all involved she knew and did nothing . She was barely breathing.

they think we are all stupid.

27 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

So the board of Thistle and (Jacqui Low, its chairman) played no part in awarding the shares to the PTFC Trust. That was done by Jacqui Low, who is one of 2 directors of Three Black Cats. In fact, Jacqui Low, chairman of Thistle, actually recused herself from discussion at Thistle board meetings where Jacqui Low's decision was ratified by the board Jacqui Low chairs.

Disappointing that the article (any previous things I've read) doesn't challenge this blatant use smoke and mirrors.

So the board didn't make the decision they just approved it? I wonder if they approved it before or after the fact?

36 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So Peter shand the other director of 3BC decided to  give the club to the ptfc trust. J Lis the other director of 3BC and Chsir of the club had no opinion , was not involved indeed despite attending numerous meetings with all involved she knew and did nothing . She was barely breathing.

they think we are all stupid.

I don’t think it’s even as meaningful as that. We’re expected to believe that because separate legal entities did those things, there was no conflict or overlap of interest.

It’s a very similar line to the whole “That was Stewart McGregor, Thistle fan, not Stewart McGregor of Ark Sport” line that was spun earlier .

(probably because both lines will have been spun by one of the Jacqui Lows, though who knows which one)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I don’t think it’s even as meaningful as that. We’re expected to believe that because separate legal entities did those things, there was no conflict or overlap of interest.

It’s a very similar line to the whole “That was Stewart McGregor, Thistle fan, not Stewart McGregor of Ark Sport” line that was spun earlier .

(probably because both lines will have been spun by one of the Jacqui Lows, though who knows which one)

It’s all a bit ‘Three Lies on a Shirt’ for me. Just need Baddiel & Skinner to add the music. 

49 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

We're going to have some great crowds this season, there's at least 3 Stewart McGregors and 2 Jacqui Lows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I see there is a new statement by the board today about their actions since taking the reins. Sounds like they have been busy. 
If anyone from the foundation that knows can answer a question.Is there a reason we cant offer in person ticket sales for away supporters?

I don't see why you would think this is the kind of question TJF board members would be able to answer. This is surely an issue which should be addressed by the people responsible for match-day operations?

22 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I see there is a new statement by the board today about their actions since taking the reins. Sounds like they have been busy.

If anyone from the foundation that knows can answer a question.Is there a reason we cant offer in person ticket sales for away supporters?

As Scotty says, this is ultimately a decision for the match-day operations team. The Club has cited the cost/administrative burden as the reason for this approach. You may recall that TJF raised concerns about this practice (and the move away from cash payment options at other Clubs) earlier in the season.

I'm sure this is something that the Club is keeping under review. With the season well underway it may be something more naturally to revisit in the summer, when a more wide-ranging look at the Club's administrative resourcing and match-day operations can take place.

2 hours ago, scotty said:

I don't see why you would think this is the kind of question TJF board members would be able to answer. This is surely an issue which should be addressed by the people responsible for match-day operations?

I asked the question here,now, as TJF do have representation on the club board now. And wondered if they had any insight into this yet - that’s all.

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

As Scotty says, this is ultimately a decision for the match-day operations team. The Club has cited the cost/administrative burden as the reason for this approach. You may recall that TJF raised concerns about this practice (and the move away from cash payment options at other Clubs) earlier in the season.

I'm sure this is something that the Club is keeping under review. With the season well underway it may be something more naturally to revisit in the summer, when a more wide-ranging look at the Club's administrative resourcing and match-day operations can take place.

Does the admin burden sound right to you. There are already people in the portacabin dealing with tickets and doing in person sales for home supporters. And if we are looking at revenue streams, it is an obvious one. Why wait till the summer ! I know that I won’t go to away games if there is no in person gate.