Cameron Cooper

jaggy

8 minutes ago, sandy said:

I didn’t want us developing young talent for the OF. Really gets my goat and grinds my gears. We are not a feeder Club for SEVCO.

I agree.

it makes me sick to think he’s gone there at such a young age without them having to pay a decent fee.  Couldn’t even tell you what he looks like.  What’s the point?

He’ll very probably disappear at Murray Park like most of their other youngsters.

It was bad enough losing Alan Hansen after a couple of years in the 1st team.  At least we got to see his unbelievable skills briefly. And he went to a proper team!

• Like 1

Sadly money dictates  every club is a feeder for another one with deeper pockets. (Awaiting the outcry when Morelos jumps the ibrox ship for more money  elsewhere.)

I'm pleased that we are producing players that are progressing into the senior squad at the same time able to sell players on which no doubt helps finance the academy.

8 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree.

it makes me sick to think he’s gone there at such a young age without them having to pay a decent fee.  Couldn’t even tell you what he looks like.  What’s the point?

He’ll very probably disappear at Murray Park like most of their other youngsters.

It was bad enough losing Alan Hansen after a couple of years in the 1st team.  At least we got to see his unbelievable skills briefly. And he went to a proper team!

Out of likes but yes I totally agree. I don’t mind giving other teams our first team duds ;) 

but let’s give youngsters and the likes of Sena a decent chance to prove themselves before we ship them on and out the door 

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

That’s why they (OF) want ‘colt teams’ destroying the integrity of the lower Scottish Leagues. They can then buy even more foreign talent, plunder and fillet other Scottish teams of their potential young talent (at the same time as weakening rivals) and continue their hegemony over the Scottish game. They would like this  to go on forever. They only believe in the two-team league in Scotland, with other teams, the fall guys or stooges. They certainly don’t consider the effects this has on Scottish football. In fact, they DON’T very much care about Scottish football, with the ultimate aim of doing a moonlight flit out of it if the opportunity ever arises. Yes, it stinks, but of course we have their useful idiot Neil Doncaster (and others) to do their bidding and facilitate their every demand. He’s even just secured additional income for the Ibrox Tweedledee, without them having to even advertise the product (cinch) to get it. No doubt Tweedledum will be calling with another demand sooner or later. I don’t know this lad but I would be surprised if his future didn’t turn out to be harmed by his decision not to learn his trade at a smaller team, actually become a regular first-team player, BEFORE the bigger move. (IF he proves good enough AND stays the course. Perhaps he should have a chat with Aiden Fitzpatrick? ) But, it does pose legitimate questions about the sense of operating a production line where our very best products are taken, before we even have a chance to sample them ourselves. Presumably if we stick with it, we’ll only get to use those below the very best, which is  galling and a travesty in sport. But then, many teams in football these days, care little for ‘sport’ and ‘sporting behaviour’, it being replaced by ruthless ambition. The much-vaunted ‘European Super League’ is the epitome of that vision, despite those English teams ‘chickening out’ at the last minute a few years ago. And, no doubt our perennial gruesome twosome would be drooling, if the prospect of getting a piece of that action every became a real possibility some time in the future!

paragraph or 10 would would be good