STENNY AWAY TOMORROW.....

Jimmy McD

I’m going but really disappointed at the discrimination, £12 to stand at the end of the park when the home supporters get a seat at the side for the same money. Did we not raise a complaint against Clyde for something similar a few years ago? I hate standing at the end of a park and being taken for a mug, just because I want to see my team play.

Evidently we're playing on a brand new artificial surface. Plastic pitches are bad enough but the thought of being guinea pigs on an untested surface could be problematic. With Milne unavailable we immediately go into experimental mode. Holt will get the left back gig but I'd have liked to have seen him play as a first choice centreback instead. Maybe we should play Lawless at left back for reasons of nostalgia? :)

16 hours ago, Odd Fellows said:

I’m going but really disappointed at the discrimination, £12 to stand at the end of the park when the home supporters get a seat at the side for the same money. Did we not raise a complaint against Clyde for something similar a few years ago? I hate standing at the end of a park and being taken for a mug, just because I want to see my team play.

The Clyde complaint was that we were charged more than their fans for the same facilities. Broadwood in those days just had the 2 stands. IIRC  Clyde were fined around £9k.

Edited by fifexile
Typo

Morton regularly charge their fans the same price for standing under cover as they charge us for standing in the rain. The DVT Stand on offer to away fans, unlike their section, has no gents toilet. Away fan access to the pie stand requires going down one set of stairs and up another flight, repeat process on return. Home fans haven't to make the same trek.

Guess what I'm saying is home and entry prices can be the same but what you get can differ big time. I don't believe we're totally faultless either re the state of the Colin Weir Stand but at least we're not taking the absolute piss as at Cappielow.

Probably the right result tho' we made heavy weather getting there. Noticed Bannigan played marginally further up the park but certainly adopted a wider position. Probably due to not really requiring two holding mids. One positive was McMillan seemed comfortable moving over to left back. In fact his close in cross provided the winner. If it turns out he can indeed play left back competently then that's one less worry re adequate cover. Good also to see a midfielder getting forward to get on the score sheet. Not much else of note, alas. 

Both goals were very good moves and finishes. Turner was unlucky with the shot that crashed off the bar, and there were a few occasions where players were put through, but could not get the right angle on the final shot.

However, the above were the exceptions to the general rule, with a lot of sideways passing and not much pace or creativity. I would hope that Milne and Tiffoney coming into the mix will make us a lot more dynamic.

• Like 1

From watching the stream I thought it was a very sluggish pre season first half, McMillan and Lawless linked up well, Graham looked too isolated just like last year. He needs someone up with him so hopefully Dowds is the man. If we have Milne and Tiff on the left there should be loads of room down the right for us this season.

Second half we picked up the pace and probably should’ve scored more with Turner’s shot, Smith and Lyon both through one on one. The second goal was a belter with Mcmillan moved to left back, running the length of the park to chip back at the bye line for Graham to header in. Good finish from Turner but his delivery was dreadful all day, he was on every free kick and corner and seemed to hit the first man everytime. Good workout, 3 points and we go again at Legoland on Wednesday. 

Edited by jags on tour