Motherwell Friendly

elevenone

I think this is the smallest forward line I have ever seen, but playing reasonably well for a friendly. Fitzy has had some brilliant runs so far. 

Brownlie understandably still looks a little rusty and Tunji not as dominant as he was in the first half of last season. 

Really positive that two or three of the young players look like they could step up this season. Been really impressed with Lyon every time I have seen him. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

It was all fine. Not exciting but fine. More minutes in the legs & a typical piece of comical defending for their goal. 
Squad looking good but need another striker, which seems to be incoming.

I think the striker we hoped to sign was Adeloye but Swindon beat us to him

Lot of young lads getting a run out against a well organised Motherwell with one eye on Europa Cup next week .Have to say our forwards looked  like wee boys in comparison to Well’s strapping big back 4 including Steve O’Donnell playing in second half.All in all a good workout before League Cup action on Tuesday.MoM Harry Milne…can expect that name featuring heavily as the season unfolds….had some great defensive tackles and headers today .

6 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Quite enjoyed that today. Milne and McMillan were excellent ( ignoring Jack's unfortunate mistake). Lawless, Smith and Fitzy looked good and the young lads brought on didn't look out of place at all. 

I think we can all agree that the worst performer today was the tannoy announcer!

• Like 1

McCall reiterating after the game that he is after a striker and a utility defender. Harry Milne was MOTM but never turned up in the Alan Rough suite so Tunji Akinola stepped in Seems a really nice guy. Interesting that he said he didn’t expect to play so many games last season.

There were a few moments where Motherwell really should have scored another goal or two. We seriously lacked punch up front with Tiny Tony Weston up against two man mountains. He stuck. To his task and looked brighter on the ball when switched out right. McCall sees him as an impact player off of the bench for 30 minutes, certainly for the first half of the season. Also stated Fitzpatrick has to do do some work on his shape to avoid another injury hit season.