McCall's Marhill Magyars v. The Broch.

I believe the Highland League kicks off this Saturday. So it's entirely possible that Fraserburgh will be treating tonight as a warm up game. Either that or they may well not play their strongest side. We'll win comfortably enough, but I sense that McCall's tinkering and giving players some game time may impact on the score, so I won't be expecting that big a win. 

4 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Down here, my main concern is to stay comfortable and and as cool as possible. It wasn’t pleasant yesterday, but it was worse further south. Today is meant to be worse still. Curtains drawn, windows closed to keep out the warm/hot air today. We’ve had a glimpse into the future, these last few days. Hope everyone  else on here who lives in England is okay.

Spare a thought for those of us en vacances in Avignon at the moment.

This was the scene outside our hotel yesterday when brushland, 15km away, ignited.

IMG_1006.thumb.png.13bc5928cfc7aa4f57ef43e399f94baf.png

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

La cité des papes : beautiful town; one of my favourite places in France. 

Hope your time there doesn't get spoiled by "les incendies."

The pic isn't from today, but gives a good idea of how it has been here.

Still 33-34C every day.... Hot and humid!

heavy_rain.jpg

It's a great place. I come every couple of years with the boys for the festival. Great buzz around the old city.

In a couple weeks the boys will be going to Thailand with their mother. I imagine they will encounter similar conditions to those in your picture.

3 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

We’ve played ok so far but as usual lack of goals is the issue. 
Hopefully one or two players break their duck (?!?) this evening & get a wee bit of a confidence boost before the proper stuff starts.

That brings up the usual old dilemma :

Which would you prefer (only one of these is allowed):  League Cup Winners (but don't even make the play-offs), or to just miss out on promotion (e.g. through a play-off)?

6 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Down here, my main concern is to stay comfortable and and as cool as possible. It wasn’t pleasant yesterday, but it was worse further south. Today is meant to be worse still. Curtains drawn, windows closed to keep out the warm/hot air today. We’ve had a glimpse into the future, these last few days. Hope everyone  else on here who lives in England is okay.

39 degrees here in Connecticut, lovely day. Will miss the game as my flight is at 8pm UK time

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

That brings up the usual old dilemma :

Which would you prefer (only one of these is allowed):  League Cup Winners (but don't even make the play-offs), or to just miss out on promotion (e.g. through a play-off)?

I’ve seen us win promotion, and expect I probably will again. I’m 47 and we’ve not even reached a (proper) final in my lifetime. So definitely a League Cup win.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

How strong a line up will it be tonight?

I guess McCall will go with almost his first 11 pick.  Show respect to the opponents and to top the group.

I shall be sitting in the sunshine with my Pimms on the banks of Loch Lomond enjoying the game.

Mair like the Banks O’ the Dee 

40 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Good to see Auld Jag in his accustomed place. Will email him after the game.

PS I am watching on Livestream from holiday on Isle of Skye.

Hopev you're having more success than me. I can't get pictures on my iPad but have sound. Finally short of got it on my phone but not ideal