Montrose live stream

fifexile

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Mine is OK. 2nd goal was a beauty.

Sort of saw it! 

Been an odd 1st half. Thought we would go on and score a few after the 1st one as we were dominating but thought we were so poor we would be lucky to go in 1 up then Holt stepped up. 

27 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Home and hosed ,seeded and looking good….ish .

6 minutes ago, dunnikierjag said:

I think the seeded teams are the 5 entering now plus the 3 best group winners which will be Dundee, Arbroath and Aberdeen if they beat Raith Rovers tomorrow.

And if Aberdeen fail to win then Ross county will be next seeded team.

1 minute ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Didn’t see the game, but it seems we went 4-1 up at one stage. Nice to score four, less good to lose two at home! Still, we’re through which is the main thing. 

Yes. We were 2 up thanks to McMillan and a beauty of a Holt free kick. Bannigan's blunder made it 2-1. 3-1 thanks to a lovely bit of play from Lawless and a good finish from Fitzpatrick. Then Weston had a lovely run down the right, cut it across for Mullen to smash in a 4 inch piledriver. Milne went off, down to 10 men( all subs had been made, as were Montrose with an outfield player in goal) and a Montrose corner was punched by Mitchell rather than catching it, hit off Turner's heal to a Montrose player who trundled it over the line. Brownlie came through 90 mi s unscathed.  Not an impressive performance,  but ok. Probably not good enough to get anything at Dundee.

I'd like to have seen the tempo and intensity increased a bit given the league starts next Saturday,  it was still a bit slow and pre-seasony but a decent win none the less. I'm still not sure what our best formation or team is to be honest, we looked so much better when Smith went off and Lawless came on, Lawless went on the right of a front three and Fitzy onto the left.  If we are going with a 433 then is it Doch, Banzo and either Mckinnon or Turner?  If we going with a front three (assuming Tiff won't be fit for next week) I'd go with Fitzy on the left and Lawless on the right. Graham will start upfront but isn't the most mobile, big Dowds puts himself about aswell and Mullen scored on his debut and will be dying for a goal vs his former club. Big decisions for the gaffer for next week.

I'd go for Sneddon, McMillan Aero Holt Milne, Turner Doch Banzo, Lawless Graham Fitzy.

We struggled to get going until Smith was subbed. Smith wasn't having a bad game but Fitzpatrick was anonymous on the right side and struggling to get in the right defensive position. Once Lawless came on and Fitzpatrick moved to the other wing we instantly looked a more balanced and incisive team. Lawless is still a very intelligent and clever footballer. Fitzpatrick looked better second half but I can't see him being selected ahead of Tiffoney on the left so he's going to have to find a way of playing on the right or make do with being a sub. 

Brownlie and Holt were solid at the back but had little to do. Holts freekick was a beauty. Mitchell had a couple of really goods saves and will be annoyed at conceding two because of errors in front of him.

Docherty was good and noticeable we lacked a bit of organisation in midfield he went off. Mackinnon was decent but nothing spectacular. Bannigan had a game to forget and misplaced a few paces one of which led to Montrose's opener. Right now our best 3 midfielders are Docherty, Turner and Mackinnon.

Up front Graham, Dowds and Mullen did ok and each had at least chance with Mullen's being unmissable. Weston looked very lively and surprisingly effective as a winger however he did have a tendency to lose the ball and not get in a defensive position quick enough. 

I thought McMillan was unlucky not to be man of the match. His first half display was very good however Milne looks something special. In the second half the balls he was putting across goal were stunning and if I was McCall I would have been asking questions of why my striker wasn't on the end of it. Milne's nutmeg on the Montrose defender was lovely and the sign of a guy enjoying his football.

Genuinely excited to see how Tiffoney and Milne combine on the left side this year. 

All in all a comfortable win but we need to move up a few gears and cut out some sloppiness in midfield.

2 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Home and hosed ,seeded and looking good….ish .

It's the pitch that has been seeded, not the team.

Once again the individual performances were by and large more than reasonable. Thought the teamwork was much improved from Tuesday night. Passing a tad crisper and a bit more pace throughout the team. Can't understand why McCall started with such a narrow formation. Cammy Smith gets a lot of stick but replacing him with Lawless was more important for tactical reasons. Fitzpatrick was able to move wider and Wee Stevie could play in his normal  position.

Weird ending playing with three strikers and being down to ten men.

• Like 1

Others have explained the performance accurately already.

Well done to the players - Montrose weren't a cakewalk. Their 11 and 16 were a handful, and created several openings which thankfully weren't taken.

Positives are that not all of these players can start every week, so competition will be fierce. No bad thing as that should improve standards. Thought Stevie Lawless was excellent when he came on and easily my man of the match. Pleased for Mullen to get his two-foot rocket in to get him off the mark.

Points of concern though - Fitzpatrick lost his man four times on the right hand side before Smith went off and he moved over to the other side to better effect. It was clear from the amount of diagonals that Montrose played into that area that it had been spotted as a weakness. Also McKinnon and Banzo put the defence under needless pressure several times with poor passes. It may be no bad thing that Banzo gave away Montrose's first goal. That wouldn't have been acceptable from him five years ago and it shouldn't be acceptable from him today.

But overall, a good day to be a Jags fan!!

26 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Most important thing after todays game is that Milne is okay,  hope I’m not speaking too soon but he just looks a Level above and I’d love to see him and Tiff playing together on that left hand side.

I spoke to Milne after the game in a west end hostelry. He is fine and looking forward to next week. Even admitted that Jack McMillan was MOTM ahead of him. 

Delighted to win the group. Our record in this competition in the group stage must be amongst the best.  I can only count losses in 90 minutes to St Mirren, Dunfermline and Ayr in 90 (possibly one other in our League 1 season). I think this is the sixth or seventh year playing the groups. 

Blair Lyons looked a major upgrade on Hastie and McAllister, wonder what the story was as to why he never really got a chance.

We have some amount of choice up top - Graham,  Dowds, Mullen, Tiff, Fitzy, Lawless, Weston, Smith. Not sure who will play alongside Holt next week 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Others have explained the performance accurately already.

Well done to the players - Montrose weren't a cakewalk. Their 11 and 16 were a handful, and created several openings which thankfully weren't taken.

Positives are that not all of these players can start every week, so competition will be fierce. No bad thing as that should improve standards. Thought Stevie Lawless was excellent when he came on and easily my man of the match. Pleased for Mullen to get his two-foot rocket in to get him off the mark.

Points of concern though - Fitzpatrick lost his man four times on the right hand side before Smith went off and he moved over to the other side to better effect. It was clear from the amount of diagonals that Montrose played into that area that it had been spotted as a weakness. Also McKinnon and Banzo put the defence under needless pressure several times with poor passes. It may be no bad thing that Banzo gave away Montrose's first goal. That wouldn't have been acceptable from him five years ago and it shouldn't be acceptable from him today.

But overall, a good day to be a Jags fan!!

Good summary, BR.

btw You realise who their No11 is?