Danny Mullen scores v Montrose 23.07.2022

Camallain

18 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Thanks for showing these goals, it’s good to be able to see them.

Only snag is that ‘City end’ is now such a dreadful eyesore, it really spoils Firhill. I’d rather the land behind that goal was sold off to a business who put up a wall across. At least we could hire an artist to paint (with help) a gigantic Thistle mural across it like the Davie McParland one, possibly of Thistle ‘greats’ from the past. That way we’d make a bit of cash, have something nicer to look at and enclose the pitch on four sides! Unfortunately right now that ‘bing’ just ‘grates’!

Yep, it signals that we are not really ambitious, and don't want to invest in any kind of stand that would cost money now but which might pay for itself later, if we had any real ambition.

13 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yep, it signals that we are not really ambitious, and don't want to invest in any kind of stand that would cost money now but which might pay for itself later, if we had any real ambition.

If/when we're back in the top league I reckon there's a way to finance a small South Stand. We'd be playing the ugly sisters at least three times at Firhill. They sell out the JHS as it is and would easily also fill out a small stand. Other clubs like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc regularly visit and sell out the Main Stand. That's all incremental income. Could even put naming rights up for sponsorship.

Like most I realise that building a fourth stand will be low in our priorities. We naturally want to spend as much as possible on the team.  But financing it this way would be using money we wouldn't have had anyway.