Dundee Away - League campaign kicks off 30 July

jagfox

Great fixture to start the season. 

We seem to have almost completed our squad and comfortably navigated the Premier Sports cup group stage.

Still a few questions to be answered about who the manger sees as his best XI but I am confident he will have a plan to get a positive result against the Dees.

I wouldn't be that upset with a draw but hopefully we can lay down a marker by bringing the 3 points back down the M9.

C'mon The Jags!

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Not sure what's so funny? Hernias are hard to diagnose and you don't realise you have one until they are causing discomfort. 

It depends if it is a hiatus hernia, which may not show signs but discomfort, or a common hernia which, particularly in males will show a bulge as well as discomfort. 

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I don't see us taking anything. We still look a bit disjointed. McCall should be toast if we don't get promoted. 

Joking apart  - I agree we look disjointed.

Losing those two goals as we did yesterday was not clever.

We have firepower up top and a decent defensive system. I'm a fan of Docherty in midfield as he's a far more disciplined player than Banzo. I guess we'll find out on Saturday how robust we really are defensively. We certainly cannot give the ball away as sloppily as McKinnon and Banzo did on several occasions yesterday.

Dundee will be altogether a different proposition next week.

48 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just heard that Aero could be off for a hernia operation. Not sure on the recovery time following that procedure?

Disappointing that ! He’s looked very Steady in the few games he’s started and I’d have definitely been putting him in along side Holt for the Opener.

If Akinola and Muirhead are out the defence is pretty much going to pick itself for Saturday. I assume Smith was taken off on Saturday as he too had a knock and Tiffoney won't be risked unless 100% so thinking we will start with the following

Sneddon

McMillan-Brownlie-Holt-Milne

Docherty-Bannigan

Lawless    -  Turner    - Fitzpatrick

Graham

Mitchell looks decent but Sneddon hasn't made a mistake that should say he should lose his place.

40 minutes ago, fifexile said:

£24 for Saturday's game. No PATG or online ticket sales according th the Thistle website. 

This is going back to the dark ages. Why can Dundee not offer an online purchase option when every other club can do so?

For those of us who cannot go to Firhill in person this week and therefore have to phone, what happens then? Is the ticket emailed or posted? If the latter, how incredibly twentieth century!

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

This is going back to the dark ages. Why can Dundee not offer an online purchase option when every other club can do so?

For those of us who cannot go to Firhill in person this week and therefore have to phone, what happens then? Is the ticket emailed or posted? If the latter, how incredibly twentieth century!

It’s posted, hence last day for postal tickets is Wednesday. I’m assuming we’ll be able to smoke and bring a carry out into Dens as the ticketing system is back in the 70’s 

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s posted, hence last day for postal tickets is Wednesday. I’m assuming we’ll be able to smoke and bring a carry out into Dens as the ticketing system is back in the 70’s 

Time to dig out the flares (non explosive ones) and tank tops. 

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Thank you. What is the postal service to Stavanger like? Maybe your ticket will come by arctic skua!

Viking play Sparta Prague in 2nd leg Europa Conference league qualifier on Thursday (0-0 1st leg). Ticket behind the goals is £13 for an adult, U16 are free. Compare wages here versus Scotland and that’s around £9.
I can go and buy a ticket at stadium, online and printout or directly on my phone either via app or link in email/website. I can also buy a ticket at the ground up to kick off.

Why does Scottish football make it so difficult 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Wonder if there’ll be any ‘historical’ edge to this game between supporters, bearing in mind it was ‘the hand of Dundee’ that re-voted, to relegate us a few years back. Perhaps people have mellowed, all is forgiven and it can be put behind us?!! Right! As they used to say in Glasgow in my young day, “Aye, . (Pointing) ma right ‘eye’!

Brian Graham referenced Dundee's 'e-mail' in a half time interview on Saturday and said he wanted to make Dundee pay for that.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Viking play Sparta Prague in 2nd leg Europa Conference league qualifier on Thursday (0-0 1st leg). Ticket behind the goals is £13 for an adult, U16 are free. Compare wages here versus Scotland and that’s around £9.
I can go and buy a ticket at stadium, online and printout or directly on my phone either via app or link in email/website. I can also buy a ticket at the ground up to kick off.

Why does Scottish football make it so difficult 

Is that a special price? I saw Haugesund in a league game about 5 years ago and it cost approximately £30

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages. Even the assistant referees are still using semaphore.

image.thumb.jpeg.986c190edc9ef12c3ef0c3653c20e370.jpeg

4 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Interesting choice of assistant referee! This is the leader of the Scottish Tories, Douglas Ross. He’s also MP for Moray!

I think I’D be questioning his decisions…. on throw-ins, corners and offside etc….as well!

I hear he only uses the flag to find out which way the wind is blowing before he makes a decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

Is that a special price? I saw Haugesund in a league game about 5 years ago and it cost approximately £30

Normal price is 240kr for whole ground (Kids free) £20.

Thats top league, modern stadium, with a team flying high.

The fan organization (Hordene) has a big say in the running of club and helps set prices that encourage uptake whilst also making a profit for the club