Dundee Away - League campaign kicks off 30 July

jagfox

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I have the feeling that Fitzpatrick and Lawless could do some serious damage to other teams this season.

And once Tiffoney is back.......

Shades of McQuade, Lawrie and Gibson?

A fully fit Tiffoney and milne down the same side will be hard for any side in our league to stop. The best left(or right) hand side of any team in the league by miles. Tiff should be able to far more damage this season as well. Last year he was our only out ball so teams just comfortably doubled up on him as we had no over lap from full backs or any natural dangerous players on the right. Add in a terrible pitch surface it was near impossible for him to do much at times. With danger from full backs over lapping on both sides and 2/3 very decent dangerous right hand sided attackers now and a new surface into the bargain. He should be able to cause absolute havoc again now that teams can’t just double up on him. We might even see another level to his game if he can stay fit. 

24 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I’m sure I read there will be no live streams of League games this season due to the new tv deal

Apparently there will be no live streams of games this season because Sky won't allow them. Interested to see exactly how many games in the Championship and leagues 1 and 2 Sky intend to broadcast this season. In fact how many games not involving either of the ugly sisters they will cover.

Also its been stated  that the SPFL are 'continuing to discuss streaming with Sky'....

SPFL ' can we allow clubs to earn a bit more money by streaming games please?'

SKY 'No, now sod off'

SPFL 'Right you are'

....Quick, get a press release out saying we are in constant dialogue with Sky on streaming 

4 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Apparently there will be no live streams of games this season because Sky won't allow them. Interested to see exactly how many games in the Championship and leagues 1 and 2 Sky intend to broadcast this season. In fact how many games not involving either of the ugly sisters they will cover.

Also its been stated  that the SPFL are 'continuing to discuss streaming with Sky'....

SKY 'No, now sod off'

SPFL 'Right you are'

....Quick, get a press release out saying we are in constant dialogue with Sky on streaming 

Excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious, but why would Sky have any influence over streaming in a league where they have no broadcasting rights?

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious, but why would Sky have any influence over streaming in a league where they have no broadcasting rights?

Because Duncasterand the rest of the blazers let them....makes no sense at all. Who in their right mind would see an issue of every game on Saturday being streamed....Sky won't be broadcasting any games so their precious viewing figures won't be affected.  Just more proof that when it comes to Scottish football the SPFL board just hasn't got a clue, or the best interests of all but 2 of its members  at its core.

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I thought they did have broadcasting rights to all of the SPFL, but just chose not to broadcast games outside of the top flight. Could be wrong.

11 hours ago, fifexile said:

SKY 'No, now sod off'

SPFL 'Right you are'

This is correct and says this in the Dundee website….only Scottish football would cut off a revenue stream ….nuts 

Anyway I have registered for Dee Tv using my vpn set to Spain and have used an address in Spain to agree to a monthly payment of £12 and I will cancel the recurring payment next week…hopefully will work 

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

This is correct and says this in the Dundee website….only Scottish football would cut off a revenue stream ….nuts 

Anyway I have registered for Dee Tv using my vpn set to Spain and have used an address in Spain to agree to a monthly payment of £12 and I will cancel the recurring payment next week…hopefully will work 

Do you have a link for this? Only DeeTV option I can see is £5.99/month with no live coverage.

30 minutes ago, Hopeless Unbeliever said:

Do you have a link for this? Only DeeTV option I can see is £5.99/month with no live coverage.

Friday night terrestrial coverage of our league is totally disregarding the fans. They don’t give a flying F about us.

And I doubt whether the home team actually benefits financially with the reduced support and hospitality.

But allowing Sky to dictate is even worse. Sky are covering fewer and fewer watchable sports. Again, the fans are getting screwed over.

22 hours ago, fifexile said:

Because Duncasterand the rest of the blazers let them....makes no sense at all. Who in their right mind would see an issue of every game on Saturday being streamed....Sky won't be broadcasting any games so their precious viewing figures won't be affected.  Just more proof that when it comes to Scottish football the SPFL board just hasn't got a clue, or the best interests of all but 2 of its members  at its core.

Sky have blocked streaming of SPFL games to UK 

There is a general  blackout of TV games at 3pm on a Saturday. This was lifted during the last couple of seasons allowing clubs to stream games to a domestic audience as well as overseas viewers.

The blackout has been re-instated. Nothing to do with Sky, in fact they would love to show a game at 3pm on a Saturday.

With regards to SPFL Championship Friday night football, I enjoy watching the games and you get to see teams before we face them but currently work until 8pm on a Friday which is a bit of a pisser but only until the new year. So hopefully only miss the one game off my season ticket this season haha.

Looking forward to the league season kick off. I always enjoy a trip to Dens Park (result depending). A big game to kick off the season and I feel we will be up for it. Would love a win but Dundee are on decent form so far. I guess a draw would not be the worst result but still hoping for that win as I feel it could really set a tempo in a Championship that overall seems even weaker than last season.

I will go 2-1 to the Jags with Holt and Mullen on the scoresheet.

COYJ!

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

There is a general  blackout of TV games at 3pm on a Saturday. This was lifted during the last couple of seasons allowing clubs to stream games to a domestic audience as well as overseas viewers.

The blackout has been re-instated. Nothing to do with Sky, in fact they would love to show a game at 3pm on a Saturday.

With regards to SPFL Championship Friday night football, I enjoy watching the games and you get to see teams before we face them but currently work until 8pm on a Friday which is a bit of a pisser but only until the new year. So hopefully only miss the one game off my season ticket this season haha.

Sky have stopped clubs streaming to their own fans. One of the club employees (Graeme Mcroberts??) has stated on Nomad Facebook page it’s SKY that have blocked clubs streaming games to UK & Ireland viewers. The club is looking to do an overseas service IF uptake is enough 

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Sky have stopped clubs streaming to their own fans. One of the club employees (Graeme Mcroberts??) has stated on Nomad Facebook page it’s SKY that have blocked clubs streaming games to UK & Ireland viewers. The club is looking to do an overseas service IF uptake is enough 

There is a 3pm blackout in the UK. This has been re-instated. 

46 minutes ago, jagfox said:

There is a 3pm blackout in the UK. This has been re-instated. 

The 3pm blackout was instated in England last year and Scotland chose not to utilise it. They could easily do the same again this year and have streaming blocked in only England but they haven’t.