Dundee Away - League campaign kicks off 30 July

jagfox

Always good to start the season with a win. Even better when it’s an away win against Dungdee. Massive difference this season in the options we have middle to front giving us a real goal threat. If we can get a settled back four then hopefully we should be there or thereabouts come next May. 

Been critical of Graham in the past but we really lost a steadying presence when he went off.  Not to mention someone to help defend the flurry of corners at the end.

Liked the look of Weston.  One of those wee dogs who doesn’t know he’s wee.

Thought Turner filled in adequately in defence and found himself with lots of open field a number of times.

Happy to see Tiff back on - looked speedy.

Thought Mitchell was excellent and couldn’t help wondering if the result would have been different had it been Sneddon, even though I like Sneddon a lot.

Dundee audio commentary…..we’re they contest winners or something?  Plucked off the street 15 minutes prior to the game?  Makes me appreciate our own team.

Those are my silly American post-match thoughts.  Happy Saturday all!!!

Very happy with the result and particularly the performance toda.y. Wouldn’t be terribly critical of a RB forced to play out of position at CB. As good aJags performance, since I don’t remember when. Of course we made the odd mistake here and there, but it would have been a complete travesty if we hadn’t left Dens with three points today.:fan:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

What’s the story with injuries anyway .. Hope Brownlie hasn’t had a set back Knee wise. Reckon him or Muirhead would have helped us avoid those goals today at the end.

apparently something with his groin. McCall told a few fans before the game apparently

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

The stream is only available to international subscribers which is £12 a month ….so you will need to use a vpn when buying I suspect to show you are not in the uk 

they do say video for this match is available for international subscribers 

I stand corrected - the only one I could see was the £5.99 one(must be because I am in the Uk). 

Hope it was as good a watch as it was in the ground!

17 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Great result. Wish there was a way to see the goals.

Jagzone later? I was there today & glad I went. Some lovely football and good goals. I wish I’d got my phone out quickly while Lawless was waiting to pick his spot for the 2nd :clapping:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Jagzone later? I was there today & glad I went. Some lovely football and good goals. I wish I’d got my phone out quickly while Lawless was waiting to pick his spot for the 2nd :clapping:

Was proud of our team today , special mentions to Stevie Lawless who was great today and also Kyle Turner who stuck at it as a makeshift right back .

Brilliant result

Excellent performance, especially given the makeshift defence. Everyone played well, special mention to the returning exes Lawless and Fitzpatrick who were neat & tidy on the ball and creative. First game against them since the 'lost email' as far as i know, nice to welcome them down and enact a bit of justice.

Great result, and some great moves (from the highlights). The whole team will know that the two goals lost were poor and not to be repeated.

Overall,  a superb start to the league campaign.

Well done to what looked like a big R&Y army presence to support the team; glad you all went home with a victory smile on yer coupon.