Home to Hamilton Academical - Saturday 6 August

jagfox

Just handed over more of my cash to that club-stealing, will-ignoring bunch of power mad nufties in the boardroom in the forlorn hope that the team on the pitch will transcend such earthly travails. (Is there a Buddhist team somewhere out there for me? Contentious question on an avowedly agnostic football club’s forum I know.)  

Intae them…

Been mentioned so many times that starting the match thread early has a negative impact on the team performance. But still people do it.

I have therefore initiated a new strategy where I will not read the thread until after mid day on a match day, which I hope will negate the early opening voodoo. 

Let’s hope it works. ‘Mon the Jags

Edited by Dick Dastardly

For the first 35 minutes it's been the usual (i.e. same as last season) cross-field passes followed by pass backs in our own half. Basically shite football, with no urgency. 

Turner, Lawless, and Fitzy look like they could do something, and the Accies keeper has had three great saves in the last few minutes of the half, but the story so far in this game is "attitude problem."

The usual: bum them up as a team that's going to score lots of goals, ask the fans to turn up in big numbers. The team is not going to score lots of goals, if they think that the best form of attack is sideways and backwards passes in our own half for no reason except that there's a "free" man there. Hamilton have been waiting to pounce on errors there, and when they pick it up they go directly towards out goal, they don't check back.

Three good efforts in the final five minutes or so of the first half. Why wait until the first half is almost finished and we're a goal down before we go at it?

How many more sitters before Graham gets hooked? 

This is a negatively minded team. The first thought every time is pass it square or (even better) pass it back. That way we keep control. But eh, control is with the other team, who have already scored. A simple, well-organized team as opponents takes the fight out of us. Their 148 supporters must be delighted.

Can it change before the end of this match?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

This is a negatively minded team. The first thought every time is pass it square or (even better) pass it back. That way we keep control. But eh, control is with the other team, who have already scored. A simple, well-organized team as opponents takes the fight out of us. Their 148 supporters must be delighted.

Can it change with McCall in charge ? This is the third or 4th set of players showing exactly the same tendencies.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

doubt it but we live in hope.