Options for action against the board

MarciaBlaine

24 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You have forced a TJF board member to say he will resign if the members decided to boycott games. If that’s not an escalation, I don’t know what is.

I’ve forced no-one mate. It’s your speculation and misinterpretation that is generating replies.

You are fishing. Go and catch a sprat doon the Clyde.

This conversation is at an end. 

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

You have forced a TJF board member to say he will resign if the members decided to boycott games. If that’s not an escalation, I don’t know what is.

That's not what I said!

As I have always said, it is a matter for individuals how they spend their own money, and if they don't want to go to football matches, that's up to them.

I do not foresee a situation in which the TJF membership is balloted on "should TJF endorse people boycotting games". I also do not foresee a situation where such a ballot would provide the answer "yes".

But if it did, I would, as a matter of conscience, find it very difficult to continue to serve on the TJF Board in those circumstances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

That's not what I said!

As I have always said, it is a matter for individuals how they spend their own money, and if they don't want to go to football matches, that's up to them.

I do not foresee a situation in which the TJF membership is balloted on "should TJF endorse people boycotting games". I also do not foresee a situation where such a ballot would provide the answer "yes".

But if it did, I would, as a matter of conscience, find it very difficult to continue to serve on the TJF Board in those circumstances.

So in fact if the TJF decide to boycott, you will find it difficult to serve, but won’t resign. Well done.

In my opinion TJF are doing a damn fine job on trying to represent us all in these trying times. Like all groups as they grow in size opinion will differ, but a sensible middle ground has to be found. You cannot please all of the people all of the time. Let's stay focused and leave the semantics to the side. If not we all know what happens....

• Like 5

Staying focused is the key thing @dl1971

Unfortunately a by product of 3BC’s decision has been to create a few ripples of disharmony between Jags fans. Not so much on here, more I believe on Twitter. This reflects badly on the Club.

In terms of my own personal stance of ‘not one penny more’ I have asked the Club to consider a refund of that portion of Premium Player sponsorship which covers 2 hospitality places as I do not wish to take them up this season.

Given that the Club lost my last 3 Premium signed players shirts “in the post” from Seasons 2020-21 and 2021-22 and offered me no recompense nor replacements, I’m hoping that they see sense to apply the partial refund I seek from my sponsorship of Aaron Muirhead. 

I shall report back in due course. 

• Like 1

Something to add:

I think it’s just as important to contact the club (or trust or whomever) when they get something right through all this.

For example, I contacted the club when the decision to ban TJF was reversed to say I was really pleased they’d done this. (Of course it was a terrible decision to start with but nonetheless, it was the right thing to do.)

Engagement doesn’t always have to equal grumbling.

• Like 3

I have to say Lesley Ann in the Commercial team has been a star about my hospitality booking. Let’s just say the outcome has been to my satisfaction. 

She is such an asset to the Club, we are lucky to have employees like that who care about the fans. 

No grumbling from me on this issue, just praise where it is due. 

Edited by sandy
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, sandy said:

I have to say Lesley Ann in the Commercial team has been a star about my hospitality booking. Let’s just say the outcome has been to my satisfaction. 

She is such an asset to the Club, we are lucky to have employees like that who care about the fans. 

No grumbling from me on this issue, just praise where it is due. 

Deep down, no matter all this nonsense that is happening we will always love Thistle. 

• Like 4

i received an email this morning from Lesley Ann Webb re the Thistle business club, interestingly it was cc'd to Gerry Britton i replied to all telling them i would not be spending any more money over and above my season tickets because of what s going on re fan ownership. can only imagine GB was cc'd in so he can see any replies !

Who knows if it will make any difference or not but it felt good to have a moan.

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

unfortunately these 2 are employees.

it's the current board especially Jaqui Low who hold all the power.

I get what you’re saying but the owner and chair’s actions are acting to the detriment of the club. Telling them lets them know how the club is being adversely affected, and I’ve no doubt that information is then shared around employees, board and owner.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

This is STILL a highly relevant and appropriate title for a stream on here, for all those who support genuine supporter ownership of PTFC. The Thistle board are THE obstacle to achieving that objective. The other group, without their support would fade away. Negotiation, compromise, discussion and even friendly persuasion have all been tried. That only leaves one thing to be tried, which has not been so far. We have to use our strength, in the numbers we have to show we will not accept the board’s decision. The alternative is acceptance,  giving in, rolling over or any other word(s) that could be used to describe what is, in effect, capitulation, on this issue. 

Then organise something.

• Haha 2

At the EGM there were no demands from the floor (or by proxy etc) for the TJF Board to organise or support (even tacitly) any demonstrative action against the PTFC Board or the PTFC Trust. 

I'm sure the majority of the TJF membership wish their Board to continue to seek all routes to get our case across by persuasion, publicity etc and avoid actions that are detrimental or destructive. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

TJF are the group with the numbers. They have power with that kind of ‘platform’. You need a platform to do anything of this kind. Organisation, coordination, planning are all needed. These were all utilised in setting up TJF in the first place, and afterwards. If there is another group of that sort, I am unaware of it. But, TJF, so far, have shown no willingness to do this. Only, perhaps if the TJF leadership change their minds, the present leadership is replaced or the membership make their collective feelings known in favour of this kind of action, could that change.

I have no platform individually, and to judge by responses on here, little support. I know that and understand there are many on here who don’t want to protest, perhaps don’t support real  fan ownership, prefer to support the current board, or are only interested in how the team is doing on the park. That’s their choices and fair enough.

But a lot of people must support true fan ownership or else we wouldn’t have TJF at all. Those people are paying their money for a group set up to reach that goal. They continue to do so. The question is about ‘collective response.’ If there is a platform but no leadership willingness to do something, or collective wish to do something it falls. If there is will but no platform, not enough people, it falls. At this moment, it looks like this is the likeliest scenario, from recent ‘evidence’. 

But, I continue to speak up for action, because I believe that’s our only chance of changing things. When that window of opportunity closes or it’s obviously not possible to achieve that objective any more, then there will be no point speaking up any more. In the end, I am a realist.

genuine question, do you go to games on a regular basis? If yes why don't you start the ball rolling with whatever protest you think is needed? If not are you just a keyboard warrior wanting others to get on with it?

Not wishing to add to or detract from the argument of fan ownership but will give a personal point or two around the subject, that maybe applies to the majority, who knows, of our support.

I personally, want nothing to do with 'owning' the club. I contribute through ST's and other ways, as do a lot of others but even if I had huge sums of money, I'd try and benefit Thistle, without becoming an owner of some kind.

The reason for this, and it becomes more difficult as you get older, is that I hanker for the days when as a child, I adored everything about this Club. And I mean everything.

It's clear from reading some posts from denismcquade, and some of the responses, that others feel similarly.

IMO, this feeling can only come from a place that puts the Club above the fan and that's how I want it to be. I support Thistle and have no wish to become Thistle.

It takes a special character to run any business and most people are not of that character. It frightens the life out of me, to think that a bunch of 'us', could be running the Club I love.

A vote about certain things here and there, but that's it for me. Leave the running of the Club to the experts - I realise many will have views here as to whether or not they are experts......

I'm sure Colin Weirs legacy was about protecting the Club, by putting it in the hands of the people that care most and I'm also sure he wouldn't have expected the result to be so divisive. I hope a resolution comes about reasonably quickly and we can start to enjoy this season a bit more.

Afterall, this could be a big one. I just have a sneaky feeling about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I guess I must be a keyboard warrior.

I have supported Thistle for nearly sixty years. I don’t have a car. I live 200 miles from Glasgow and don’t travel long distances these days. Therefore if what you’re getting at applies, ie I obviously have no right to mention any action which might bring genuine fan ownership to Firhill in which I am unable to take part.  And all those who don’t attend games often, must be second class or third class supporters too, including the ‘Nomads’. Do you have to be a season ticket holder to hold an opinion and express it? I was a member of TJF until I resigned recently, because I don’t agree with their tactics. I have many Thistle shirts, scarves, hats, programmes and other memorabilia. I used to be a season ticket holder. I used to be a member of the Thistle Supporters’ club travelling all round Scotland. I have been a member of Jagzone previously. I gave a donation to ‘Go Fund Me’ and also financially ‘Save The Jags’ back in the day. Does any of that qualify me, to express a view?Or am I still not quite a ‘real’ Thistle supporter?

I asked a simple question as you make a lot of noise. I wouldn't judge anyone or 'get' at anything. As usual you seem to go off on one and think it's an accusation

On 9/17/2022 at 6:42 PM, jaggy said:

I asked a simple question as you make a lot of noise. I wouldn't judge anyone or 'get' at anything. As usual you seem to go off on one and think it's an accusation

Not really my affair, but then maybe neither was your question, but as an outsider, I'd say that your question, genuine as you say it was, was clearly marked by a disapproving tone.

• Like 1