Forum Moderation/Admin - Forum Future

admin

• Administrators

These are important times on and, perhaps particuarly, off the pitch for our Club. 

It is vitally important for Thistle fans to have dialogue with each other to discuss these issues. 

This forum is just one place where these discussions can take place, and I would hope that no matter what my own particular thoughts might be  they aren't reflected in how the site is moderated. There has certainly been no attempt to stiffle debate or to try and push that debate in any particular direction. 

It was some years ago now that I was approached to take over 'ownership' of this forum largely because nobody else approached to do so wanted to take it on. 

Rather than see the forum shut, I agreed. 

I'm now at the stage where I have no desire to continue with it. 

Previously it took next to no moderation. Days and weeks would go by where I wouldn't even look at it unless notification of an issue hit my inbox. 

That started to change recently and it's starting to take up time that I don't really have. 

Given the importance of current events I really don't want to shut the forum down. It's nowhere as busy as it once was, but it is a still a good source for debate and for the sharing of information. We need as much communication as possible, now more than ever. 

With that in mind I'm hoping someone else can take it on. 

I'm not setting any deadlines or a closure date. I really hope that can be avoided. But if anyone is interested in taking it on could you ping me a message and I'll review where we are at the end of the current month. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this and apologies for all the nonsense in the last couple of days. 

Sorry to hear this. I would like to thank you for all the time and work you've put into the forum over the years. It's a source of fun and information vital to any Jags fan and would be badly missed. Personally, my main interest is what happens on the pitch. If it's the 'football politics', which can be so tedious, that's causing the problem then the sooner these people disappear up their own backsides the better.

• Like 2