Ayr Utd away top of the table clash

elevenone

Statement from The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport:

“There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period. This is at the discretion of individual organisations.

“As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral. They are under no obligation to do so and this is entirely at the discretion of individual organisations.

“If sporting fixtures or events are planned for the day of the State Funeral, organisations may want to adjust the event timings so they do not clash with the timings of the funeral service and associated processions,” it adds.

“As a mark of respect, and in keeping with the tone of National Mourning, organisers may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem at the start of events or sporting fixtures, and players may wish to wear black armbands.”

Edited by BowenBoys

Fortunately, even though though football can't be played, the shops are still open! 

Rather than my expected (and paid for) trip to Ayr I spent a delightful afternoon mattress shopping with my wife.

As I suspect that next weeks fixtures will be postponed as well I am counting my blessings that I will be at work.

12 hours ago, dagenum said:

As I suspect that next weeks fixtures will be postponed as well I am counting my blessings that I will be at work.

I hope not, if so it will be completely OTT… I was in Byres Rd yesterday and everything was (unsurprisingly) busy, shops, bars, cafes, bookshops, supermarkets etc. The only place I saw which didn’t appear open was the estate agent. The vast majority of people are not sitting at home endlessly glued to the tv for the next breathless “live” update. If WW3 broke out today it wouldn’t top the news agenda. Utterly pathetic and out of touch with modern society. 

• Like 3

Seems strange that blanket media coverage seems to drive public opinion in such circumstances when all logic would dictate that the other way round should be the case. Of course, on the day of the funeral there should be a pause for suitable and respectful acknowledgment of her long life but this apparent 9-day hiatus seems perhaps a bit excessive, particularly given the fact - as has been mentioned on this site before - she was seemingly a pragmatic woman who lived by the mantra of performing her constitutional duty and keeping calm whilst carrying on. 

• Like 1

So, now we have another (actually, already funded) rich, taxpayer-funded parasite to direct us to "think very carefully" just around the time of the next referendum on Scottish independence.

Because that will affect his income, and influence.

As if we don't think, already.

Hopefully the last "sovereign" of the so-called united kingdom

Good for him as long as Scotland remains "dependent," (what we're told by Westminster: too wee too poor, too stupid);  not so good for the vast majority of Scots.

This ain't football-related, so go ahead and delete, if you want. 

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, now we have another (actually, already funded) rich, taxpayer-funded parasite to direct us to "think very carefully" just around the time of the next referendum on Scottish independence.

Because that will affect his income, and influence.

As if we don't think, already.

Hopefully the last "sovereign" of the so-called united kingdom

Good for him as long as Scotland remains "dependent," (what we're told by Westminster: too wee too poor, too stupid);  not so good for the vast majority of Scots.

This ain't football-related, so go ahead and delete, if you want. 

Irrelevant post.

• Like 1