Ayr Utd away top of the table clash

elevenone

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, now we have another (actually, already funded) rich, taxpayer-funded parasite to direct us to "think very carefully" just around the time of the next referendum on Scottish independence.

Because that will affect his income, and influence.

As if we don't think, already.

Hopefully the last "sovereign" of the so-called united kingdom

Good for him as long as Scotland remains "dependent," (what we're told by Westminster: too wee too poor, too stupid);  not so good for the vast majority of Scots.

This ain't football-related, so go ahead and delete, if you want. 

It isn't brain related that's for sure, and certainly has nothing to do with Ayr v Thistle.

Best stay off the sake Jaggernaut. 

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Haha 2

Maybe best not give admin any more headaches.

Back on topic. Not sure who's come off best re the postponement. Both teams have had a series of good results. Perhaps Ayr's momentum is slightly better than ours? Plus I do think we'll be that bit stronger when Tiffoney is fit.  

Certainly glad we weren't the home club. Assuming the fixture will now be played in a midweek,  So Ayr will have lost a fair bit of dosh.  Anyway in truth just trying to scrape up some positives after missing out on what would've been a grand away day yesterday.

Ayr seem to be the big losers here.

Going from Saturday to midweek (presumably-not aware of a spare weekend) always means a drop in attendance.

The original game was perfectly timed with both teams on winning runs and occupying the top two places in the league. Guaranteed to maximise attendance of home and away supports.

By the time the re-arranged fixture comes round, no doubt one, the other or both teams will have dipped in form and/or league position.

As well as the immediate loss of income, there will be all the hassle and negativity of having to process refunds for those who pre-paid first time round but for whatever reason cannot make it next time round.

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

SPFL confirms next Saturday’s game v. Cove to go ahead

Good...   

This is going to be interesting.. SFA leaving it to the clubs... Other than Ibrox I wonder how many clubs will play the "national anthem".. 

Professional game to resume | Scottish FA | News

"This week, as a mark of respect and in keeping with the period of National Mourning, home clubs may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem just ahead of kick-off, and players may wish to wear black armbands. We thank clubs and league organisations for the mark of respect shown at the weekend and for their efforts in resuming the professional game fixture schedule."

On 9/12/2022 at 4:12 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Typical bias. Why not "may or may not wish,"  and "and/or play or not play the National Anthem?"

The bias gets rammed down our throats at every opportunity: "This is how YOU SHOULD THINK!"

It’s not bias at all , it’s called respect whether you believe in the monarchy or not .

I’m fairly ambivalent about it all but I  understand the history of the Queen and why it’s important to a lot of people.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

It’s not bias at all , it’s called respect whether you believe in the monarchy or not .

I’m fairly ambivalent about it all but I  understand the history of the Queen and why it’s important to a lot of people.

Sorry, but "a lot of people" is not everybody, yet those people are definitely strongly suggesting how everybody should behave.

People can express respect in various ways without being told how they should do it.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Sorry, but "a lot of people" is not everybody, yet those people are definitely strongly suggesting how everybody should behave.

People can express respect in various ways without being told how they should do it.

The dialogue from the SFA said  “ may “ not must 

Have absolutely no problem with a dignified one minutes silence, as that’s just common decency and respect. However, I would balk at the playing of ‘God Save The King’ or anything remotely resembling the maudlin triumphalism displayed at Ibrox last night. That would be crossing a line into politics, which should never be the case at Firhill. No matter your personal views , which you may have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stillresigned said:

Have absolutely no problem with a dignified one minutes silence, as that’s just common decency and respect. However, I would balk at the playing of ‘God Save The King’ or anything remotely resembling the maudlin triumphalism displayed at Ibrox last night. That would be crossing a line into politics, which should never be the case at Firhill. No matter your personal views , which you may have.

Not sure whether it is politics or not. But I don’t see how singing God Save the King is a mark of respect to the Queen.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:51 PM, jlsarmy said:

It could also be argued that it's called total disrespect for all the equally important people who end up in a pauper's grave by accident of birth.

It really depends how important the principles of egalitarianism are to you.

But yes, best not to argue about it - don't want to give admin a hard time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

It's the exact same thing.  You live un a country where conformity rules are far stricter than UK. 

Plenty of people here "rage" against the emperor, the government, the political system.... I'm not one of them because I don't pay much attention to those things.

At least know what you're talking about.

ETA: I just realized that your contributions show the problem nicely: conformity.  ~You can conform without any respect whatsoever, and I guess that many people will be doing just that. 

Anyway, enjoy taking part in the conformities, if it floats your boat.

Edited by Jaggernaut