Cove Rangers

Lambies Lost Doo

53 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Can’t see him dropping Mitchell. Think Sneddon might get a run out against Falkirk 

Thought that Sneddon would've played v Arbroath in the League Cup so not sure why he'll likely play against Falkirk.

Not for one minute saying that we should in any way think a home game v Cove will be easy. I do tho' believe if we're to challenge for the title we need to make full use of the squad. Just hope we play our best/fittest in training side.  The only real weak spot I've noticed is certain players running out of ideas probably thru tiring. Maybe surprisingly the likes of Stevie Lawless looks effective thru 90 mins.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thought that Sneddon would've played v Arbroath in the League Cup so not sure why he'll likely play against Falkirk.

I thought he would play against Arbroath too, but maybe IMC saw the potential for a money spinner in the next round of the league cup. Much less so the trophy cup v Falkirk or whatever that competition is called this season . 

18 hours ago, jaggy said:

Mitchell won’t be dropped

18 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Let's get another win.  This the team I would pick.

Sneddon

McMillan Muirhead Holt Milne

Turner Docherty McKinnon

Tiffoney Dowds Lawless

I agree with the above.

In respect of Graham I have noticed a few occasions this season when at the end of a game he has been holding an ice pack against  a knee so perhaps a spell  being an impact sub won't do him any harm.

The Mitchell/Sneddon situation is interesting. Sneddon finished the last season as our No.1 keeper winning over most fans in the process yet this season  he starts as No.2!  Mitchell as our No.1 hasn't done badly enough to be moved to the bench yet hasn't done enough to impress or convince most fans that he is better than Sneddon or deserves to be No.1. So how did this come about.

McColl, Scally, Archibald and Arthur (and others) see the squad in training every day. The importance of doing well in training has increased over the years so perhaps Mitchell has shown better form, attitude and or commitment in training than Sneddon. I admit this is total speculation but something must have happened to justify this change in the pecking order.

Turning to today's game. I hope we turn up with the right attitude.  The players should be fit and raring to go after the enforced break. If we do the above and play to form we should win. However there is no room for complacency as I recall Cove being no push over when we played them when we were  in League 1. In fact have we ever beaten them?