Falkirk Away.

CotterJag

9 minutes ago, Stephen1876 said:

I know McCall doesn’t care about this competition but that was an absolute disgrace of a first half from players who should be trying to push for a start. 

Brownlie has been particularly appalling, sadly looks like that injury could have set him back long term.

TBH, you can see why few of them are starting every week, including Sneddon.

25 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

TBH, you can see why few of them are starting every week, including Sneddon.

To be fair, most haven’t had much game time but agree… disappointing and a message to IMC that some are probably (replace with definitely )not up to it… wonder if (replace with need to) he’ll look to unload a couple in January :thumbdown:

Edited by JAG1970

I feel some sympathy for players who are hung out to dry by being pitched into a game like this, expected to be up to speed with little or no match practice. Some of them may still have a role to play before the season is out.

It's time there was a proper reserve league in Scotland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

A performance with zero appetite. Pity they didn’t let the support know in advance not to bother travelling. 
None of the fringe players have made a claim and the team more or less picks itself through to January 

Your second sentence was exactly my thought when walking back to the car. Why on earth did I bother to go when the players did not bother to play, presumably on management instruction. Normally do not mind losing if players have tried, but that was abject.

Akinola is a pale shadow of the player he was from early last season. Brownlie is struggling to get fit or find form after his lengthy injury but hopefully comes through again. Smith continues to be a mystery. Weston and Mullen were, ahem, disappointing. All are out of contract at the  end of the season and must be vulnerable to being moved on in January (don’t know if Weston is on loan for the whole season). None of these guys staked a claim against 3rd tier opposition. Fitzy needs a rocket up his backside. 
With a squad of 21 we’re really going with a squad of 15 right now for 11 starting places each week. 

Edited by JAG1970

I struggled to understand why we were looking at Shaugnussey given our options at centre half. However, I see now!

Akinola has lost all confidence since that red card against Airdrie - gone all Niall Keown on us. 

Brownlie looks slow, overweight and struggling to regain form, and will struggle to do so without games. Could do with a loan somewhere. 

One small positive tonight was Stanway when came on. The youngsters haven’t been playing much either but showed up the experienced players. 

Mullen looked totally disinterested - can’t see him playing much this season 

Never mind the competition. I don't rate McCall. Thistle will be lucky to reach the playoffs. As always Thistle wait until the last horse has bolted before we react. Give him a job as coach and for god's sake punt Archibald, don't want left with that clown...................Give Owens door a wee chap. 

• Like 1