Falkirk Away.

CotterJag

8 hours ago, sandy said:

The BBC reckon we had 3 shots on goal all night. Falkirk had 18.

If the manager doesn’t rate the competition and the players can’t be bothered, best tell the fans in advance so they can avoid the trip?

Yup,it was obvious from team selection we had no intention of wanting to progress in a distractionary “diddy” cup which is fair enough if Promotion is the goal.However, if we don’t get back on track next Sat and then a string of league defining away games questions will surely be asked 

Edited by Anniesland Jag

That reminded me of the worst of McCall's first 18 months, upto the covid break. Totally clueless, lacking any shape, powderpuff attack and bombscare defence. I thought we were over that and hope we are now.

He might not have taken that seriously, but as a fan, I rather enjoyed our final a few years back (except for the result) I'd have liked another crack and a wee trip to Wales might have been entertaining. Like our board and our new owners, no thoughts for the fans.

Final thought, can this please be the last time we see calls on here for Sneddon in goal

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That reminded me of the worst of McCall's first 18 months, upto the covid break. Totally clueless, lacking any shape, powderpuff attack and bombscare defence. I thought we were over that and hope we are now.

He might not have taken that seriously, but as a fan, I rather enjoyed our final a few years back (except for the result) I'd have liked another crack and a wee trip to Wales might have been entertaining. Like our board and our new owners, no thoughts for the fans.

Final thought, can this please be the last time we see calls on here for Sneddon in goal

Possibly because Sneddon was the nearest to us in the first half he was the one receiving most of my criticism. His constant indecision was alarming. Whether tho' he was responsible for making his defenders shaky or it was the other way round I can't tell. Then again I'm not so sure the defence would've been that shaky had they had a semblance of a coordinated midfield ahead of them. If McCall wanted to win that game he'd have brought Docherty on especially after Bannigan had picked up a yellow (needless & stupid card at that).

I'm no fan of the Challenge Cup but I still expect to see our players (and manager) make an effort. I was very surprised at the high attendance last night. I'm sure many a Challenge Cup final will have been played in front of fewer fans. With so many turning up to see what was in effect a virtual a non event we should be handing back our share of gate money*. 

* only kidding :)

Last night was a horrible performance and it looked like we wanted to get out of the tournament as fast as possible. Can't argue with concentrating on the league but there were a few players last night who needed a decent performance.

Smith got a chance to play his preferred position but was again anonymous. Really think it would be best for all parties if he got loaned out. He's too experienced to sit on our bench and he won't get much game time with us.

Akinola again looked shaky and I think he is now just injury cover at best rather than a first team regular.  Sneddon only helped confirm that Mitchell should start.

Hard to form an opinion on Mullen as he got nothing to work with but he didn't look like a player busting a gut to get in the first 11 and he'll have a long way to go to get selected in front of Graham and Dowds.

Fitzpatrick was the most disappointing. He has  pace and skill but I really question his work rate and effort. I thought his performance against Cove was part of the reason we let Cove back into the game, last night was worse as he didn't looked interested.

8 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Yup,it was obvious from team selection we had no intention of wanting to progress in a distractionary “diddy” cup which is fair enough if Promotion is the goal.However, if we don’t get back on track next Sat and then a string of league defining away games questions will surely be asked 

There will inevitably be 8 or 9 changes for next Saturday so a completely different team. 

31 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Which 2 or 3 would stay ? I think 11 changes are needed, 12 if you include McCall 

McMillan and I guess Bannigan. The team kind of picks itself at the moment with effectively around 15 in the running. To be fair they’ve got us to joint top of the league but we’ll need to be more clinical in front of goal and tighten up defensively if we want to be there or thereabouts at the turn of the year. 

In October we have 4 away games (ICT, Hamilton, Ayr & Raith) and 2 home games (Morton & Queens Park). If we are still top of the league after these games then I would say we are genuine title contenders. However I would settle for still being in touch with the leader and in the top 4.

Why are my aspiration so modest? Well we can't defend against set piece plays and we are not clinical in front of goal!

I won't be looking to sack the manager as long as we are in the top 4.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:19 AM, elevenone said:

Would be nice to get the win if only for possibility of trip to Wales or Ireland in next round.  Friday night, is it on tv or just been moved to avoid Scotland clash tomorrow?

ps hope your nephew enjoys his first Jags game @CotterJag

Cheers elevonone. 

We enjoyed the hospitality of Duncan on the Station Bar Bus. Very well organised bus and a great guy too. Would highly recommend this mode of transport to away games. The game itself was not so good and I'm not convinced we took it that seriously tbh. Bigger fish to fry perhaps.

Nephew had a good time and got to see his first Scotland win on Saturday, so not all was lost.

• Like 1