Thistle vs Morton

jagfox

Tho' we're not even thru the first quarter the League at the moment is starting to look like it could split in two lots of five. Ayr being this season's "Arbroath" in the surprise category, provided you're not shocked to see bankrolled Queens Park doing rather well. The gap between 5th and 6th compares with gaps between Us and 5th and  also 6th and bottom. 

Difficult spell coming up with some tricky away fixtures plus our next two home games are against Queen Pk and Dundee. A lot could depend on our strength in depth, a quality that was far from obvious against Falkirk. I'm hoping that showing was down to wholesale changes and we'll not see a repeat when it's only one or two coming in. 

3 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

May as well say it now… we’re going to win the league, aren’t we?

None of our competitors have the depth we have - what a difference from last season where we were close to sending on anyone who had a pair of boots with them.

Cut out the daft mistakes in defence, be lucky with injuries, and we’ll skoosh it. 

Did you see us in midweek ?

• Haha 1

Interesting to compare some attendance figures yesterday…. we had just under 3,000 despite being joint top of the league. Dunfermline, top of their league, had 3,644 v Peterhead, and Falkirk had around the same figure at home to Clyde despite then being 5th in the league before kick off.
Perhaps underlines the continuing erosion of our core support relative to other clubs,  and makes it all the more frustrating we have a board which isn’t interested in fan participation (and potential additional funding).. 

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did you see us in midweek ?

Ah the sweet smell of a glass half empty. I think it's fair to say that result is not one to gauge the team/squad. It's the equivalent of picking out the one bad review on trip advisor and applying that universally. 

39 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Interesting to compare some attendance figures yesterday…. we had just under 3,000 despite being joint top of the league. Dunfermline, top of their league, had 3,644 v Peterhead, and Falkirk had around the same figure at home to Clyde despite then being 5th in the league before kick off.
Perhaps underlines the continuing erosion of our core support relative to other clubs,  and makes it all the more frustrating we have a board which isn’t interested in fan participation (and potential additional funding).. 

Not sure I understand your logic. If the core support is eroding, isn’t it better that the board don’t need additional fan funding ?

Don’t get me wrong. I think the current situation stinks, just don’t understand the logic of your post.

48 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Being in Glasgow we suffer a bit more than clubs that are further away. I was a bit surprised that our attendance was  just about the same as the Cove game - maybe the impact of that result and Falkirk?Maybe also some fans turning their backs on the club as a result of the share transfer.

2 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Being in Glasgow we suffer a bit more than clubs that are further away. I was a bit surprised that our attendance was  just about the same as the Cove game - maybe the impact of that result and Falkirk?Maybe also some fans turning their backs on the club as a result of the share transfer.

Also the rail disruption on Saturday may have put some people off travelling.

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not sure I understand your logic. If the core support is eroding, isn’t it better that the board don’t need additional fan funding ?

Don’t get me wrong. I think the current situation stinks, just don’t understand the logic of your post.

All the more reason to seriously engage with the support and not turn some off (including some posters on here who have withdrawn financial support). 

Edited by JAG1970

7 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Applies equally to Dunfermline and Falkirk 

True. I did see on the Morton forum that a few of their fans said they were happy to have missed the game thanks to the rail strike. I was wondering why we put their support in the Colin Weir Stand when it looked like they could have been in the JHS. Possibly Morton told us they were expecting a larger number than turned up.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

True. I did see on the Morton forum that a few of their fans said they were happy to have missed the game thanks to the rail strike. I was wondering why we put their support in the Colin Weir Stand when it looked like they could have been in the JHS. Possibly Morton told us they were expecting a larger number than turned up.

Good  point that the rail strike perhaps had a proportionally bigger impact to us (fewer Morton fans) than Peterhead and Clyde away support..  but generally it remains concerning that we’ve lost so many fans over the years. 

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

I couldn't make the game today. Much as I would have liked to. I was unwell.

I attempted to watch the game 'live' and that, for some odd reason was impossible.

Partick Thistle has to get it's streaming sorted out so that supporters that aren't able to attend can still both contribute to revenue and feel involved.

My tuppenceworth.

3 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

I attempted to watch the game 'live' and that, for some odd reason was impossible.

Partick Thistle has to get it's streaming sorted out so that supporters that aren't able to attend can still both contribute to revenue and feel involved.

My tuppenceworth.

Nothing odd about it, there is no streaming allowed in the UK for any Scottish league club. Nothing to do with PTFC. It was allowed over the past 2 seasons due to Covid stopping fans from attending matches.

10 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

My tuppenceworth.

"Nothing odd about it, there is no streaming allowed in the UK for any Scottish league club. Nothing to do with PTFC. It was allowed over the past 2 seasons due to Covid stopping fans from attending matches."

Could I just point you to the extension of that regulation to smaller clubs such as ours having a potential revenue stream being cut off?

I would far prefer to attend a game than otherwise, but, if I cannot attend for whatever reason, I would like the freedom to pay and watch. Thereby contributing to my club!

Whilst you think it isn't odd, I do.

1 hour ago, douglas clark said:

"Nothing odd about it, there is no streaming allowed in the UK for any Scottish league club. Nothing to do with PTFC. It was allowed over the past 2 seasons due to Covid stopping fans from attending matches."

Could I just point you to the extension of that regulation to smaller clubs such as ours having a potential revenue stream being cut off?

I would far prefer to attend a game than otherwise, but, if I cannot attend for whatever reason, I would like the freedom to pay and watch. Thereby contributing to my club!

You can't unless you get an overseas package and a VPN. 

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But if they don’t need that funding, then it doesn’t matter what the support is.

The club needs all the funding it can get even though (apparently) JL doesn’t think the club needs any financial contribution that could come from an active and engaged fans group (TJF). Any additional funding over and above normal income is clearly beneficial. 

2 hours ago, douglas clark said:

don't shoot the messenger, not my rules. I travel abroad often for work, so I asked the club if I could purchase individual matches when I'm away. Even as a season ticket holder I was told it's not possible.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:18 PM, Anniesland Jag said:

Loved our never say die attitude after their freakish wonder strike .Pleasing performances all round and glad to see Tiff getting his mojo back and fans getting right behind the team from the get go .

I think "freakish wonder strike" is a bit harsh.  Surely that's one of the best free kick goals you'll see this season. I'd take one like that from a Jags player any day of the week.

Edited by Harrybriscoe
spelling