Thistle vs Morton

jagfox

12 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Good  point that the rail strike perhaps had a proportionally bigger impact to us (fewer Morton fans) than Peterhead and Clyde away support..  but generally it remains concerning that we’ve lost so many fans over the years. 

Although it is still early in the season, the average is higher than last season and the curtailed 2019/20 season by a few hundred and less than 100 down on the season before that.  Mind you we have still to hit the depths of winter when sometimes I have to think twice about going.

Jaggy,

My point is that a club like ours has to maximise income from whatever source it can. I would doggedly fight for your right to view a game from the South Pole, as long as you paid a fee.

Ok, or as long as you gave us publicity!

Perhaps we could persuade a lot of Penguins to take over the South Stand!

A step too far?

7 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

I think "freakish wonder strike" is a bit harsh.  Surely that's one of the best free kick goals you'll see this season. I'd take one like that from a Jags player any day of the week.

Perhaps a bit harsh but “freakish” in the context of an overall honking Morton that looked like having heehaw in the tank.

3 hours ago, douglas clark said:

My point is that a club like ours has to maximise income from whatever source it can.

One major problem (really two) of opening streaming service In Scotland/UK in my mind would be a dramatic drop off in away fans attending.  That would affect atmosphere at the games and threaten local businesses. As for revenue, would have been travelling fans will simply share TVs and devices.

I'm not taking the thin edge of the wedge approach as I agree in the likes of your case that Club revenue is lost. Find a way to limit Scottish/UK screening to home fans only with genuine reasons they can't attend and it could work. It's a bit tho' like treating unemployed fans as concessionary. Something I'm fairly sure most of us would welcome but would be extremely difficult to police.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

Attendances for the Championship so far this season:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-championship/attendances

Our average home attendances since last 10 years 

2013/14 - 5000 (Prem)

2014/15 - 3586 (Prem)

2015/16 - 3797 (Prem)

2016/17 - 4282 (Prem)

2017/18 -  4597 (Prem)

2018/19 - 3042 (Champ)

2019/20 - 2699 (Champ)

2020/21 - COVID (Lg 1)

2021/22 - 2539 (Champ)

2022/23 - 2933 (Champ)

What this doesn’t show is the split between home/away or (more importantly financially) Kids/U18/Adults/Pensioners

12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

2013/14 - 5000 (Prem)

2014/15 - 3586 (Prem)

2015/16 - 3797 (Prem)

2016/17 - 4282 (Prem)

2017/18 -  4597 (Prem)

2018/19 - 3042 (Champ)

2019/20 - 2699 (Champ)

2020/21 - COVID (Lg 1)

2021/22 - 2539 (Champ)

2022/23 - 2933 (Champ)

What this doesn’t show is the split between home/away or (more importantly financially) Kids/U18/Adults/Pensioners

For some additional comparison - our average to Sept last season was 2,961. That was for 3 home games which included Kilmarnock. However, I am not sure I believe the QOS figure given as 1,534 for the 1st home league game - a typo surely?

13 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

2013/14 - 5000 (Prem)

2014/15 - 3586 (Prem)

2015/16 - 3797 (Prem)

2016/17 - 4282 (Prem)

2017/18 -  4597 (Prem)

2018/19 - 3042 (Champ)

2019/20 - 2699 (Champ)

2020/21 - COVID (Lg 1)

2021/22 - 2539 (Champ)

2022/23 - 2933 (Champ)

Regarding the split, the number of adults maximises the here and now gate income.Kids and U18’s significance shouldn’t be marginalised as they are the “core” support of the future. Neither should pensioners who are probably likely to be the most consistent attenders for 15 to 20 years. And let’s not forget, every supporter potentially spends more than just the ticket money, although I don’t know what the agreements are with the pie stalls/Aitken Suite/Merchandise outlet and if that benefits PTFC.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

For some additional comparison - our average to Sept last season was 2,961. That was for 3 home games which included Kilmarnock. However, I am not sure I believe the QOS figure given as 1,534 for the 1st home league game - a typo surely?

The QOS game was subject to Covid restrictions and only season ticket holders were allowed entry  

10 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Regarding the split, the number of adults maximises the here and now gate income.Kids and U18’s significance shouldn’t be marginalised as they are the “core” support of the future. Neither should pensioners who are probably likely to be the most consistent attenders for 15 to 20 years. And let’s not forget, every supporter potentially spends more than just the ticket money, although I don’t know what the agreements are with the pie stalls/Aitken Suite/Merchandise outlet and if that benefits PTFC.

The key is to turn the kids into regularly attending adults (perhaps a transitional U21 ticket), whilst ensuring that access to the stadium is kept easy for our older generation (not relying on online/smart phones for access, ensuring south drive is light and not slippery, etc) 

Great results for us tonight, as mentioned above though makes the draws at home to accies and particularly cove more frustrating. If we’d have won one of or both of those fixtures as we should have with the amount of chances we created, we could have opened up a small gap already. If we had done so we could have looked at Fridays game in Inverness as a fixture where you would accept a point or could afford a slip up. It’s important we start winning more or less all of our home games against the bottom 5 sides to ensure we have the breathing space to draw or lose here and there in the more difficult away fixtures. I’m still very happy with the start we’ve made to the season but need to make sure that 5-1 thrashing becomes a habit at firhill. 

13 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Lee Bowyer sacked by Birmingham City in the summer so would be available to replace Gary Bowyer at Dundee.

Or they could bring back Mark McGhee?!

If only he had not called it a day then that would have been fab.  :D

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/mark-mcghees-5-wackiest-aberdeen-25111183?fbclid=IwAR26Ofr2S4ZCmyxlyJQqQ_PxVe5hm17duH0LjwVdcS99qeTvCyO6XBNg6qE