Accies tickets

topcat

Is the only way to purchase tickets by registering on Accies fanbase. Is there no pay at the gate anywhere now.

Never feel very comfortable giving details especially Accies who got themselves scammed. I mean do I want to be on their database for one visit everyĀ so often...eh No

Am I missing a link that just allows you to purchase a ticket without registering.

Edited by topcat

15 minutes ago, topcat said:

Is the only way to purchase tickets by registering on Accies fanbase. Is there no pay at the gate anywhere now.

Never feel very comfortable giving details especially Accies who got themselves scammed. I mean do I want to be on their database for one visit everyĀ so often...eh No

Am I missing a link that just allows you to purchase a ticket without registering.

My thoughts exactly. Why are clubs,including ours, making it so hard for visiting fans these days ?

15 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

I emailed Accies onĀ Wednesday asking the very same question. Still waiting on a reply. If they can't be bothered to reply I may not bother going. Their loss.Ā 

Followed your lead and sent an email also . Their 40 quid down at the moment and Thistle are short two twelth men

Edited by topcat

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

I emailed Accies onĀ Wednesday asking the very same question. Still waiting on a reply. If they can't be bothered to reply I may not bother going. Their loss.Ā 

We already know how Accies treat away fans. I can't mind a time when if you arrive at NDP less than 20 mins from KO you'd see the start of the game. The queues in proportion to away crowd are horrendous. Sometimes as little as three turnstiles open. Perhaps for the sake of consistency they're trying hard to make online purchase just as annoying?

BTW......Only after having to register thru another e mail address did I realise I had already used Fanbase three times. I'd used it for the Kelty friendly last year (but not this year's Kelty game). Similarly away to Stenny in 2021 (paid at gate this season). The last time I used Fanbase was to purchase tickets for the 6-1 Accies game last season. Guess what I'm trying to say is obscure as it is many Jags fans will have already used Fanbase, and no doubt got an account hidden away somewhere.

Society as a whole seems to be heading towards completely cashless.

As someone who has never owned or used a smartphone i know i might be missing out on offers etc, as most things you need to download an app on to your smartphone.

As far as Firhill goes i have a season ticket and any ticket i need to buy for cup games i have just bought pre match at the JHS, so far i have had no problems.

Love it when a plan comes together:clapping:

Got to the stadium to find I had my own private turnstiles for cash payment . Waltzed in while the queue with online tickets was like an execution:fan:

Pity about the pies or it would have been the Peter perfect day

Ā 

Edited by topcat
  • Like 1

There were the traditional three turnstiles. One for online and two for cash sales. The benefit of pre purchase online is speedier access as opposed to cash at the gate. Not at Hamilton, of course. State of the Art electronic entry at New Douglas Pk consists of a steward scanning your bar code outside the ground and then thumping twice on the turnstile box to let the guy inside know you're OK to enter.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

There were the traditional three turnstiles. One for online and two for cash sales. The benefit of pre purchase online is speedier access as opposed to cash at the gate. Not at Hamilton, of course. State of the Art electronic entry at New Douglas Pk consists of a steward scanning your bar code outside the ground and then thumping twice on the turnstile box to let the guy inside know you're OK to enter.

Strolled in past the disgruntled ticket queue with my 20 squid without breaking strideĀ :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The guy scanning my ticket with his phone looked like an extra from Dad's Army. I stood in the queue trying to get him to scan it while the folks with cash sauntered in. My boy (who never carries cash), then waited ages in the queue for a pie and a drink only to find out it was cash only. Thing is, the deal was that I would pay for the tickets and he would get the refreshments. Same old, same old.

Edited by westertonjagfan
  • Like 1